Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Wait a second!

What's Luz doing in a Superman show?
    I love how many people make that comparison XD.

Heck, I even saw the image for the first time in an Owl house thread

A little apprehensive seeing Abrams involved in the production of Batman, but as long as he's not directing and/or writing the series, I'm on board.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

And just like that, DC dashes my hopes again.

DC Announces Injustice Animated Movie

Ahhh whatever. It's gonna be garbage so I'll just ignore it and enjoy a show with the real Superman.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I mean, the animated movies are leagues better than the DCEU. Even if the universe they're basing it on is pretty meme-y it should be a decent flick.

That isn't to say the DCEU movies aren't fun. They are, but if you think too hard about the writing it causes heart palpitations.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

And just like that, DC dashes my hopes again.

DC Announces Injustice Animated Movie

Ahhh whatever. It's gonna be garbage so I'll just ignore it and enjoy a show with the real Superman.
    Both games were essentially movies in themselves, so an abridged adaptation is both redundant and unnecessary.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Pop culture is riding high on the Evil Superman train with Homelander and Omni-man, guess they're striking while the iron is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Both games were essentially movies in themselves, so an abridged adaptation is both redundant and unnecessary.
    I agree. Part of the first game's storyline appeal - as well as other stories of this ilk, such as the Justice Lords and Crime Syndicate - was the reveal of the many layered differences in the alternate universes. For Injustice the central pivot point has been front and centre for a few years already.

Maybe this is like the final, final draft, plucking a bit from the games, adding a dash of the comics.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i mean, we already had one or two comics about injustice. not saying the movie won't be good. just saying..........why?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

So tired of evil Superman.

I dislike the Injustice Universe (and the DCAU, where I will forever hope the majority of those films burn in a pit somewhere. Especially that last movie). The games are fun, fluff pieces but the actual storyline with the tie-in comics irritates me. Especially how Wonder Woman was pretty much goading Clark to be evil/take over almost from the get go after Lois’s death.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i mean, we already had one or two comics about injustice. not saying the movie won't be good. just saying..........why?
    Because Invincible and the Boys did well, so they wanna do their version

No real interest in DC's Evil Superman idea.

Most of what make Invincibe/The Boys what they are is that they're indie type visions.

Injustice was some fun games, but nah to the rest
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I picked up a job application for a local Supermarket that is currently hiring. My husband is against the idea. He wants me to keep trying for a professional position or hope that my current Outside contractor/Part-Time employment might, somehow, become full-time. I'm thinking that even a part-time position in retail is better than spending a year or more sending out resumes, know owing that the job market for professionals is tight. I don't know if we can afford me to be underemployed, considering that I'm the primary breadwinner.

So, do I swallow my ego and apply for a retail position? Or do I hold out for a better-paying professional position, even though that might be very hard to find?

edit: I'm not intending to imply there is anything wrong with working retail. I've done it myself right out of college. I'm just trying to decide if I should keep sending out resumes, or go with something that may pay less but that I stand a better chance of being hired and being hired faster.
    What's the potential damage of leaving the retail position for the professional position when it becomes available?

Because if you can handle that, my gut says to go for the surer thing.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Speaking of which let's talk about a different Clark. Clark Still looks amazing in KOF XV

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Because Invincible and the Boys did well, so they wanna do their version
    i understand that. but when you got 2 very popular fighting games that pretty much changed story-based fighting games forever and a few comics, it's kind of pointless to tell the same story over again.

Extraordinary Member

RIP Kentaro Miura

...words fail me,

Kentaro Miura died of an acute aortic dissection.

Way too soon. A dark inspiration and one of my artistic heroes. RIP.

Last edited by grampagen; 05-19-2021 at 08:37 PM.