Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    So tired of evil Superman.

I dislike the Injustice Universe (and the DCAU, where I will forever hope the majority of those films burn in a pit somewhere. Especially that last movie). The games are fun, fluff pieces but the actual storyline with the tie-in comics irritates me. Especially how Wonder Woman was pretty much goading Clark to be evil/take over almost from the get go after Lois’s death.
    Yeah, the Wonder Woman of the Injustice timeline was more reminiscent of "Bonkers Betty" from the All-Star Batman comics, given that how quickly she favored violence and enforcing the concepts of totalitarian authority over diplomacy and pacifism.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    ...words fail me,

Kentaro Miura died of an acute aortic dissection.

Way too soon. A dark inspiration and one of my artistic heroes. RIP.
    ....Fucking Hell.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Yeah...Uh...Oh jeez, this is really going to bother me knowing that. RIP.

I did a double take when I saw that, crap what a shock

Evil drunk superman. Yeah, I'm sure this is up there with black suit Tobey Maguire spider man.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

...words fail me,

wow...i am at a loss for words

54 is no age. Rest in Peace
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Rest in peace Kentaro Miura
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

...words fail me,

I'm shaken by this.

One of the bigger influences on my writing and art. Berserk was an incredibly important story to me. A genuinely transformative piece of writing that advanced the medium of manga, penned by a guy who was one of the best artists in the scene.

**** man. This one hurts. It really hurts.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

that fucking hurt.

way too talented and way too young.

Finally playing everyone's favorite disappointment of 2020, Cyberpunk 2077.

Despite all the things working against it the game manages to hold me thus far.

It's funny because numerous aspects of the game remind me of other games, but in every single comparison I've made I thought another game did it better.

It's not nearly as good at encouraging or rewarding discovery or exploration of setting as in Deus Ex, the companions feel like they would be a lot better served in a Bioware game, there's far less meaningful feeling choices than most RPGs I would think of, and the combat feels way too bullet spongey for me to really get into it as a first person shooter too often.

Also although the characters are one of the games bright sides really, the main character kinda just sucks. Too juvenile/smashy for my feeling and it feels like they just get in the way of better characters' performances lol
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I know it’s already on Season 2, but I’ve finally gotten round to watching Pennyworth. Currently on Episode 4.

Why did nobody tell me this show was so fucking good?

Great cast. I mean seriously great.

Well written. Feels authentic 60s London and a bit campy without feeling kitsch, but also has some of the OTT stuff that mark it out as ultimately part of the DC universe (but without any superpowers, masks, capes etc.).

And the lead actor does a creditable turn at having hints of a young Michael Caine without being cartoonish or too much of an impression (Alfred even lives on Micklewhite Road).

Really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    So tired of evil Superman.

I dislike the Injustice Universe (and the DCAU, where I will forever hope the majority of those films burn in a pit somewhere. Especially that last movie). The games are fun, fluff pieces but the actual storyline with the tie-in comics irritates me. Especially how Wonder Woman was pretty much goading Clark to be evil/take over almost from the get go after Lois’s death.
    I would say that they should do an "evil Batman" storyline for once... but then I remembered that DC comics did that with the Dark Multiverse and the "Batman Who Laughs". And he was so unstoppably awesome that he managed to take over his entire world, and no one could stop him except Batman and the Joker.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

For those interested, Mass Effect 1 in Mass Effect: Legendary is awesome. They've really changed a whole lot of the system, all for the better. It's exceptional, and the gameplay is far, far closer to that of the second and third games.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate