Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    One Piece already had pretty high stakes this arc.

They are now even higher. O_o

This arc has been really bloody good.
    spoilers:
    I'm enjoying it, even though I know how this is going to end, as Oda's already done this before in the Alabasta arc. Luffy goes up against the Big Bad of the arc, gets easily taken down. He comes back for Round Two, he does better than the first time, even managing to do something to get a few hits on the Big Bad, but they take down Luffy again and 'kills' him. It's coming down to the wire, everything seems to be going the Big Bad's way, and when things seem darkest, Luffy comes in, goes against the Big Bad for Round 3. They have a major knock-down, drag-out battle, and Luffy manages to pull out the W, and the day is saved.

Well, unless Oda decides to pull something completely out of left field and makes this a surprise Downer Ending for One Piece, and Luffy really is dead, the rest of the Straw Hats end up subjugated or killed in the following chapters, and the story ends with Kaido bringing forth his ultimate war upon the One Piece world.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm enjoying it, even though I know how this is going to end, as Oda's already done this before in the Alabasta arc. Luffy goes up against the Big Bad of the arc, gets easily taken down. He comes back for Round Two, he does better than the first time, even managing to do something to get a few hits on the Big Bad, but they take down Luffy again and 'kills' him. It's coming down to the wire, everything seems to be going the Big Bad's way, and when things seem darkest, Luffy comes in, goes against the Big Bad for Round 3. They have a major knock-down, drag-out battle, and Luffy manages to pull out the W, and the day is saved.

Well, unless Oda decides to pull something completely out of left field and makes this a surprise Downer Ending for One Piece, and Luffy really is dead, the rest of the Straw Hats end up subjugated or killed in the following chapters, and the story ends with Kaido bringing forth his ultimate war upon the One Piece world.
    end of spoilers
    I'm far less concerned about Luffy than I am about the supporting cast. Those are the stakes I mean.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

this battle is proving to be absolutely nuts.

also, i hope yamato saves luffy.

what? i'm not totally shipping luffy and yamato. nope not me.

move on.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

record of ragnarok: interesting take on the backstory of the buddha. as a buddhist, i approve.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    One Piece already had pretty high stakes this arc.

They are now even higher. O_o

This arc has been really bloody good.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    This arc is based on a Kabuki Play, and those kinds of plays usually have a
    spoilers:
    Tragedy in the 3rd act
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    record of ragnarok: interesting take on the backstory of the buddha. as a buddhist, i approve.
    As a fellow Buddhist, I like what I'm hearing.

Extraordinary Member

So, in the Cruella movie....

spoilers:
    Her mom is killed by Dalmatians
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Oh? Really now? Not buying it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Yeah, I have two and they sure like to have their bellies rubbed.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yeah, I have two and they sure like to have their bellies rubbed.
    I used to have two when I was real little. They were sweethearts.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    yeah between that and spoilers:
    her hair naturally being that way and not just fashion
    end of spoilers they made several head scratching choices, hearing some people say it's still pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    yeah between that and spoilers:
    her hair naturally being that way and not just fashion
    end of spoilers they made several head scratching choices, hearing some people say it's still pretty good
    So, that brings up questions:

spoilers:
    HOW was she born with natural anime hair? Did her mom have pure white hair and her dad pure black hair, and their mating caused a child with natural half-black, half-white hair? Or did one of her parents have half-black, half-white hair and they passed it on to her genetically?

It does make Cruella one of the rare non-anime candidates for the "spot the main character" game.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis