“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Academia

spoilers:

Soooo Lady Nagant was a child soldier trained to be a killer by the PSC and it broke her and that's why she became a villain. Do I have that right?
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    US, your late stage capitalism is showing.

...same with Canada, so not pointing fingers.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    US, your late stage capitalism is showing.

...same with Canada, so not pointing fingers.
    You know, even though the posting was for a fake company (allegedly) and the entire thing was (and still is) being mocked for several good reasons, I can kinda see some potential benefits of an actual reverse-financed internship for a prospective employee.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    You know, even though the posting was for a fake company (allegedly) and the entire thing was (and still is) being mocked for several good reasons, I can kinda see some potential benefits of an actual reverse-financed internship for a prospective employee.
    Told my husband about this and he said that it reminded him of early (1600s-1800s) apprenticeships where a family would pay a master of some craft or field to take on a child/teenager as an apprentice, teaching him the trade while the young person worked without pay. The Master just providing basic room and board (unless they still lived at home).
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Herodotus, i'm looking at you.

golden kamui:

THE LOCATION OF THE GOLD IS KNOWN! we have entered...........end game.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Found a sword for Cthluhu!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

a little background. this vid took place in south africa in april of this year. dude driving is a 52 year old cop who trains dudes how to shoot in gun fights. he and his buddy, who's only a rookie with this being his 4th day on the job, are transporting some high end cells in a unmarked bullet proof toyota when a bunch of gangsters in a audi roll up and ambush them. old dude is cool as the cool side of the pillow as the car is getting shot up. up ahead, a truck unloads a bunch of gunman to block him and he just runs straight through them and then pits the truck they came in. he then finds a vacant lot and proceeds to get out with his AR to drop some lead on these jabronis. upon seeing this pissed off old guy in a vest and friggin assault rifle, the punk make a run for it.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

So...one of my two cats are dying. I should've been prepared for it since she is now 15 years old, but because of how energetic and loud she is, it never fully occurred to me. This week hit me when her meows suddenly became weak and hoarse. At first, I passed it off as her losing her voice temporarily because how frequently and loudly she meows during the morning to wake my wife and I up. Then, I noticed how lethargic she became. Normally, she would comb the whole house, but now she barely wants to get out of bed. She only gets up to eat or hmgo to the bathroom, and she'll slump on her side during the former before moving on. I've had these two cats since I was 19, so they're essentially family to me. Even more so since they were originally my grandmother's cats before she passed away two years ago, so losing one of them really fucking hurts especially since I promised to take care of them. I lost my mom and grandma only twelve days apart from each other and always felt/wished I had done more for them, and as stupid as it sounds, I feel like my cat dying is my fault because I didn't do enough.

Sorry for being emotional like this online. I typically refuse to bring my feelings and baggage to our forum since this is where we come for fun discussions. I just can't help myself right now.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!