Page 15 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    This is nice.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that's the tie in comic to the Injustice 2 game, and since neither Croc nor Orca are playable characters in that game I suspect that things don't end well for them in this comic.
    yep. but it is still so sweet/balls out insane that i couldn't help but share. and we still don't know how things will turn out for them yet. execpt for croc letting the gorillas have their way with ra's because ra's was running the squad in this reality.

re-reading toriko.

and there is a guy in the comments who absolutely hates komatsu for some reason. he doesn't say anything positive about the manga or the story or the setting. he just goes on and on about how much he hates komatsu. and at some points, it just gets to a point where he gets really vile with his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so nice of Gohan to get Jiren disqualified for accepting an outside healing item, he really loves his dad

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    so nice of Gohan to get Jiren disqualified for accepting an outside healing item, he really loves his dad
    well, the zenos thought it was cool so they let him have it.

Does anyone have a download link for the saved threads of the old forum? I know it was posted in the previous Downtown but can't find it.

I'm on a new computer and realized I forgot to transfer the files.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Does anyone have a download link for the saved threads of the old forum? I know it was posted in the previous Downtown but can't find it.

Ask Sharkerbob, he has access to them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

Here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b58wwp...Evac+Stuff.rar

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    What do you mean by metagaming?
    There's a trend of late of having rules where players actually have aspects of control over the game world and the situation (rather than attempting to exert control through their characters), and the GM is given actual license to work against them with points to spend each 'scene' that screw them up, or the like.

I don't like this, personally - it feels like 'antagonistic collaborative writing', which grates on several levels.

Mileage, it doth vary.

I made and self-published an RPG myself (as an ebook), recently, but it was mostly as a lark, I don't expect it to ever be played. Used a fairly simple dice-pool mechanic.
    Linky, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Yes, that's how it works. High roll wins. Each characters individual Skills, Abilities, and Items would allow them to use their modifiers in unique ways. For example, a character with the skill "Knowledge (Martial Arts)" could add their knowledge modifier to their attacks, in addition to their strength modifer. So Someone with a Strength of 2 and Knowledge of 5 could roll a D8+2+5.
    Okay. You're going to see a lot of specialization in an attempt to stack modifiers.

Additionally, characters can choose to roll with weaker die than their max. If a character has a strength of 4, they could choose to make the role with a D12, D10,D8, Or D6. This could be done to preserve their Stamina, or for In-Character reasons.
    This part gets into the 'realism' for me. A character who can bust a planet dropping themselves down the vast gulf between their strength and the one below it, shouldn't just 'preserve' stamina. They should be doing that kind of thing effortlessly, forever (until they need to sleep). The difference between the strength levels (and speed, and whatever) are so huge that it's like the difference between me hitting something as hard as I can, and me patting it on the head.

But if you've accepted this unrealism as a factor of the setting, fair enough.

Durability denotes how hard you are to hurt, whereas Soak denotes how much damage you can take and how much you regenerate if you have that.

For example. Say Batman punches Goku. Batman has a Strength of 2 and Goku had a durability of 5. So Batman roles a D8 against Goku's D20. If Goku rolls higher, then he takes no damage. However, if Batman rolls an 8 and Goku rolls a 2, then Goku would take damage equal to the difference between the rolls.
    So a completely normal human can thus take a punch from a planet buster, and shrug it off. I mean, unlikely, but plausible enough to happen once in a while.

I know, factor of the setting. Fair enough.

Characters have a threshold of damage beyond which they cannot fight at full power. That Threshold is "Half health". Once they reach that point, they start doing their attack roles with disadvantage. When they reach half health, they roll their soak die, and the result they get is how far they can get below half before they become incapable of fighting entirely. Zero is death.

To use an example, If a character has a soak of 3 and a health of 50, then they would take disadvantage at 25. If they rolled a 10, then they become incapacitated at 15.
    So Soak is a stat that's applicable only to this?

Yes. Normally it's a straight roll, but if the character has the appropriate skills or abilities, then they get to use their modifier against certain types of attacks. For example, Ash Ketchum's Pikachu could use his modifier against electric attacks, but not fire attacks.
    Okay, fair enough.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    These chapters with multi hero team battles are super fun. Nice to see the wacky designs in action.
    There's even a dude with a Kerambit in the mix.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Please be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Thanks a lot.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So a guy asks on Quora if Hawkeye was the Marvel equivalent of Yamcha and I answered:

Yamcha: Early ally of Goku who had a very brief stint opposing the heroes, who was extremely useful early on, then slowly finds himself facing stiff odds beyond his skill but never gave up fighting the good fight, ultimately retiring from fighting to live a rather comfortable life.

MCU Hawkeye: One of the main core Avengers who had a brief stint of being controlled to oppose the heroes, who was extremely useful early on, slowly finding himself completely facing stiff odds beyond his skill but never gave up fighting the good fight, ultimately retiring from fighting to live with his family in comfort.

...I find myself surprised at the comparison.