Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Ghost, I apologize for posting this right after the sweet dreams fuel, but, Michael Myers!

Remember, he's more mortal in this version.
    and apparently an RP character or a pokemon lol
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'm afraid that's a pass from me. Doesn't look like the sort of thing that I'm interested in.

Shang Chi was #2 on my "Might break my No-More-Marvel-stuff rule for," list.

Wandavision I tried and it spectacularly did not deliver.

This trailer does not make me want to watch this film. Like at all.

Well... that leaves Doctor Strange 2 as the last MCU thing I remotely have an interest in. Sam Raimi? Multiverse of Madness... maybe it will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Ghost, I apologize for posting this right after the sweet dreams fuel, but, Michael Myers!

Remember, he's more mortal in this version.
    Well, not anymore. Laurie outright states in the trailer that Michael becomes stronger and more supernatural in nature with each person he kills, which I find to be an interesting take on his character. Which means, between this movie, the upcoming TV series and Halloween Ends, Michael will the Horror equivalent of a Super Saiyan.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

It's a good year for Horror.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

one piece: 1017

tama is helping to turn the tide of the battle. and we learn some shocking info about who's who.

Black Clover: spoilers:
    Oh Vanica, you are in the wrong manga if you honestly thought Noelle would let you go, just so you can have a fun ongoing rivalry with her. And that's an oddly specific stipulation for a demon's manifestation, but okay. It looks like Noelle is going to fulfill the other half of her vengeance streak by taking on a fully-powered Megicula.
    end of spoilers

My Hero Academia: spoilers:
    Poor "Deathku" is running himself ragged between saving civilians and shaking down assassins for info on AFO. It also seems like the previous OFA users are influencing Deku to an extent, and it doesn't seem as though they're looking to deter him from going too far. It also seems to be implied that they are responsible for Bakugo's uncanny arrival to help Deku.
    end of spoilers

Junji Ito making a companion manga series for The Lighthouse movie release in Japan was unexpected, but also dope.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Battletech: Found a contract that requests my mercenaries to take out a lance of old battlemechs piloted by veteran mechwarriors. It was risky since they're not strangers in a battle but their mechs are supposedly poorly maintained. The pay was decent but the salvage was great provided I don't screw this up.

One problem, my character Edward was recovering from a head injury that'll take weeks to recover. So with hesitation, I let my backup warrior Medusa take Edward's spot in my Lance, essentially letting the guy borrow the Blackjack in the hanger.

Mission ended well with the rewards good...But Medusa was blown to bits and I found myself facepalming in despair at his demise.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

tama is helping to turn the tide of the battle. and we learn some shocking info about who's who.
    also Oda makes a callback to end the chapter that is by definition the oldest callback he's ever done

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

spoilers:
    And learn some shocking info about the Gomu Gomu no Mi. Apparently it's so potentially powerful that the WG was getting their best soldiers to protect it.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    And learn some shocking info about the Gomu Gomu no Mi. Apparently it's so potentially powerful that the WG was getting their best soldiers to protect it.
    end of spoilers
    I'm really hoping that's not the case.

That would really actually super suck in my opinion.

spoilers:
    Part of the fun of One Piece is that Luffy's powers aren't what you'd conventionally think of as being strong. The idea that the World Government were like "Oh man the Gomu Gomu no Mi is actually the most OP fruit ever," not only is stupid when Logias exist but also invalidates Luffy's pluck and ingenuity in leveraging his unconventional powerset.
    end of spoilers

So yeah, I trust Oda to do a good job, he's nailed the series for like 960 chapters straight at this point, but I don't like what this implies. It's not a good direction. :/
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-25-2021 at 09:21 AM.

It's preemptive, but Fire Force has almost certainly had the best chapter this week.

Just a great climax to a fight that should go down as one of the best in the medium. Amazing stuff!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm really hoping that's not the case.

That would really actually super suck in my opinion.

spoilers:
    Part of the fun of One Piece is that Luffy's powers aren't what you'd conventionally think of as being strong. The idea that the World Government were like "Oh man the Gomu Gomu no Mi is actually the most OP fruit ever," not only is stupid when Logias exist but also invalidates Luffy's pluck and ingenuity in leveraging his unconventional powerset.
    end of spoilers

So yeah, I trust Oda to do a good job, he's nailed the series for like 960 chapters straight at this point, but I don't like what this implies. It's not a good direction. :/
    spoilers:

They just mention that it was very important to the WG, Enough so that having it stolen was enough to get a rival to Rob Lucci imprisoned. Power is never stated as the reason
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    spoilers:

They just mention that it was very important to the WG, Enough so that having it stolen was enough to get a rival to Rob Lucci imprisoned. Power is never stated as the reason
    end of spoilers
    In my view:

spoilers:
    Adding any kind of "special-ness", be that power of otherwise, to Luffy's fruit, erodes a fundamental aspect of his character.

Like, we have already have the will of D, Conqueror Haki, and that he's the son of Dragon but, the Will of D is not really a cohesive thing yet, Dragon doesn't actually play into Luffy's relative specialness or significance because both of them pretty much ignore each other and Conqueror's Haki, for all of it being a "one-in-a-million," power, is common amongst the top tiers of the series.

Making the fruit somehow special because that is directly tied to Luffy alone and would hurt his character.

Oda has played with some light "chosen one," elements as listed above but he's a good enough writer to present them in a way that One Piece doesn't fall into the usual pitfalls of those tropes.
    end of spoilers

As noted, I trust Oda but I am very concerned about this direction.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-25-2021 at 11:25 AM.

spoilers:
    I predict it'll be the setup for a powerup Luffy's due for, possibly to justify him taking Kaido 1 on 1
    end of spoilers