Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...sadly, I'll never be able to play it as my gaming is limited to Xbox. Possibly PS in the future (I'm becoming disenchanted with the Xbox, and all of the good stuff is cross-system anyway).

Anyway, Xbox doesn't have Mechwarrior Online, just Mechwarrior 5 at the moment. I'm a little *wiggles hand* about getting it, and am still full-up with doing ME: Legendary over and over again. ^_^
    At this point Sharp is the Gandalf of ME:Multiplayer. He guides mortals where they need to be, while serving the higher purpose of literally ending the war one skirmish at a time.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    Not just fired, but put into jail because of it. His failure to protect the Gomu Gomu was considered so bad, they locked him up. Rob Lucci (along with Spandam and Kaku) failed to protect Enis Lobby and even caused it to be destroyed in the case of Spandam, allowed Nico Robin to escape, and failed to procure the plans to the ancient weapon Pluton. And they got promotions to CP0.

Think about that for a moment.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    CP9 were targeted for capture by the WG and marines after the Enies Lobby fiasco, as seen in the chapter cover story. They were just strong enough to fight back against the forces sent after them. Spandam was probably protected from reprecussions by his father but all the fight members were labeled as criminals. So Lucci and Kaku must've done something during the timeskip to get them absolved of all crimes, reinstated and promoted. Kinda curious what that was.

As for the semi-reveal this chapter, I'm thinking that they kept tabs on the fruit because the previous user was somebody really infamous who was a real terror for the WG and Marines, and they didn't want whoever else picked it up to piggybank off of that reputation. And the reason why the public haven't connected Luffy to this fruit is that the previous user had awakened it and use it in a way that is completely different from how Luffy uses it. If this is the case it wouldn't mean that the fruit has any inherently special qualities, it just means that the WG and Marines have bad memories of it, and that's it's probably being brought up just now to set up a power up for Luffy.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    CP9 were targeted for capture by the WG and marines after the Enies Lobby fiasco, as seen in the chapter cover story. They were just strong enough to fight back against the forces sent after them. Spandam was probably protected from reprecussions by his father but all the fight members were labeled as criminals. So Lucci and Kaku must've done something during the timeskip to get them absolved of all crimes, reinstated and promoted. Kinda curious what that was.

As for the semi-reveal this chapter, I'm thinking that they kept tabs on the fruit because the previous user was somebody really infamous who was a real terror for the WG and Marines, and they didn't want whoever else picked it up to piggybank off of that reputation. And the reason why the public haven't connected Luffy to this fruit is that the previous user had awakened it and use it in a way that is completely different from how Luffy uses it. If this is the case it wouldn't mean that the fruit has any inherently special qualities, it just means that the WG and Marines have bad memories of it, and that's it's probably being brought up just now to set up a power up for Luffy.
    end of spoilers
    That interpretation seems more in line with the context of the chapter, rather than spoilers:
    implying that the Gomu Gomu Fruit is inherently some special OP DF.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Black Clover: spoilers:
    Oh Vanica, you are in the wrong manga if you honestly thought Noelle would let you go, just so you can have a fun ongoing rivalry with her. And that's an oddly specific stipulation for a demon's manifestation, but okay. It looks like Noelle is going to fulfill the other half of her vengeance streak by taking on a fully-powered Megicula.
    end of spoilers

My Hero Academia: spoilers:
    Poor "Deathku" is running himself ragged between saving civilians and shaking down assassins for info on AFO. It also seems like the previous OFA users are influencing Deku to an extent, and it doesn't seem as though they're looking to deter him from going too far. It also seems to be implied that they are responsible for Bakugo's uncanny arrival to help Deku.
    end of spoilers
    Black Clover: spoilers:
    Noelle is going to need way more help to take on the oddly cute-gross Megicula. I'm hoping Nozel gets in there as well, he also deserves some payback for Megicula killing their mom.
    end of spoilers

The first user seems to be calling the shots and he's all ok with Deku pushing himself to the brink. What an ass. I don't think that they had anything to do with Bakugo, and hopefully all of the class, show up. They might however have some insight in what's going on outside thanks to All Might's still incomplete vestige being there.
    end of spoilers

SPY X FAMILY: The action, the humor, the art. It's all so good! This is my personal favourite chapter of the week. You could feel Loid's pain on the last page.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    At this point Sharp is the Gandalf of ME:Multiplayer. He guides mortals where they need to be, while serving the higher purpose of literally ending the war one skirmish at a time.
    Given this is an intersection between two of my favorite nerdy things, I'll just go with 'Yes!'

^_^

And well-put. N7 Spec Ops - ending the war, one skirmish at a time.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The first user seems to be calling the shots and he's all ok with Deku pushing himself to the brink. What an ass. I don't think that they had anything to do with Bakugo, and hopefully all of the class, show up. They might however have some insight in what's going on outside thanks to All Might's still incomplete vestige being there.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's not the first user who's OK with Izuku pushing himself to the brink, it's the second. The first user is the guy with the long white hair, while the second is the guy with the scar running diagonally across his face starting from the left side of his forehead to the right side of his jaw. If I'm right, the first was explicitly telling Izuku not to push himself as his wounds still need to finish healing.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Given this is an intersection between two of my favorite nerdy things, I'll just go with 'Yes!'

^_^

And well-put. N7 Spec Ops - ending the war, one skirmish at a time.
    I think if you could come up with a scenario where Commander Shepard and Gandalf lead a combined force of the ME crew, Valar, Maiar, Stephen Strange and Cassandra Cain against the combined incompetence of Imperium (The Power in Shadow), you may just hit peak nerd-nexus for Sharp.

There’s probably a couple of others to add to the brew, but that’s already distilling it down to something that glows white hot with the searing heat of a nerd supernova.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I think if you could come up with a scenario where Commander Shepard and Gandalf lead a combined force of the ME crew, Valar, Maiar, Stephen Strange and Cassandra Cain against the combined incompetence of Imperium (The Power in Shadow), you may just hit peak nerd-nexus for Sharp.

There’s probably a couple of others to add to the brew, but that’s already distilling it down to something that glows white hot with the searing heat of a nerd supernova.
    *head explodes*

Sure, I might swap some stuff here and there, but...that's getting into pickiness, and as you note, anything more than this basically rends the universe at a quantum level.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So first, the World Ends With You gets an anime, then an anime adaptation of Final Fantasy IX was announced, and now Legend of Mana. SE is getting ambitious with these anime announcements.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    It's not the first user who's OK with Izuku pushing himself to the brink, it's the second. The first user is the guy with the long white hair, while the second is the guy with the scar running diagonally across his face starting from the left side of his forehead to the right side of his jaw. If I'm right, the first was explicitly telling Izuku not to push himself as his wounds still need to finish healing.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yup, that was my mistake. I think I logged AFO's brother as the zeroth user for some reason.

Either way, second user is the one who seems to be advocating for pushing Izuku despite all the negative stuff.
    end of spoilers

Appointment made for my 'accelerated' second dose of mRNA vaccine - July 8th.

Beats August 30, which was my old one. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Appointment made for my 'accelerated' second dose of mRNA vaccine - July 8th.

Beats August 30, which was my old one. ^_^
    Be sure to get all five variants, that way you'll gain superpowers.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Be sure to get all five variants, that way you'll gain superpowers.
    ...do I also get Mass Effect challenge points? Because that would really be something.
    Why are we here?

...do I also get Mass Effect challenge points? Because that would really be something.
    The vaccine is good, but I dunno if it's THAT good.

Arx Inosaan