Zenitsu truly missed his calling as a horror movie icon.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Hope Canadians are staying alive

I kind of expected global warming to hit places closer to the equator first but somehow you're getting it before us.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

I kind of expected global warming to hit places closer to the equator first but somehow you're getting it before us.
    Yesterday was 43 C / 109 F in my area, but it's been going down to a more regular summer heat in the last few days. Like, mid-20 C is a hot day, the rest of this week is levelling off from the low 30s.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I find myself oddly fascinated by this whole thing.

I recognise all except the guy between Subaru and Aqua, and the girl between Rimuru and Ainz. Anybody know who they are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I really wonder how her evil expy would've worked.

New Loki was cool. I feel like they're starting to really go somewhere. But they did a thing where they kind of took away some of the stakes that seemed previously set. Not sure how to feel about that.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Yesterday was 43 C / 109 F in my area, but it's been going down to a more regular summer heat in the last few days. Like, mid-20 C is a hot day, the rest of this week is levelling off from the low 30s.

I saw this tweet about it and it looks like Canada set some records at alarming pace.

https://twitter.com/ScottDuncanWX/st...912742404?s=20
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

It's on the other side of the country from me, so I'm okay thus far, but yeah.

Extreme weather conditions are going to hit everywhere. As we're seeing. And people are saying 'we need to do something about global warming NOW and fix this!'

Only we can't fix this. It's too late to fix this. If we wanted to fix this, we should have done something big ten, fifteen, twenty years ago when the climate scientists were screaming at us and nobody listened. We're stuck with this.

All we can try to do is mitigate the damage now, and hopefully keep it from getting a lot worse. Because it will get worse, it's too late to stop that. The question is now 'how much?' and that depends on how much we change things (we - not just businesses and governments, but people as well) and how quickly.

Based on past experience, I guess the finger-pointing will continue, nothing will get done, and the most vulnerable will continue to suffer worse and worse while the rich simply protect themselves by insulating via money. Sorry, younger people. We're leaving you a crap world in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Cripes, man. Where are you, Gen? O_o
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

saying it right now. "survival story of a sword king" is the best isekai manga i've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's on the other side of the country from me, so I'm okay thus far, but yeah.

Extreme weather conditions are going to hit everywhere. As we're seeing. And people are saying 'we need to do something about global warming NOW and fix this!'

Only we can't fix this. It's too late to fix this. If we wanted to fix this, we should have done something big ten, fifteen, twenty years ago when the climate scientists were screaming at us and nobody listened. We're stuck with this.

All we can try to do is mitigate the damage now, and hopefully keep it from getting a lot worse. Because it will get worse, it's too late to stop that. The question is now 'how much?' and that depends on how much we change things (we - not just businesses and governments, but people as well) and how quickly.

Based on past experience, I guess the finger-pointing will continue, nothing will get done, and the most vulnerable will continue to suffer worse and worse while the rich simply protect themselves by insulating via money. Sorry, younger people. We're leaving you a crap world in so many ways.

Cripes, man. Where are you, Gen? O_o
    I'm still waiting for my palm trees in Alaska, so. Of course I'm liable to be underwater before long, so maybe I'll just have to settle with a proper R'lyeh home.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm still waiting for my palm trees in Alaska, so. Of course I'm liable to be underwater before long, so maybe I'll just have to settle with a proper R'lyeh home.
    Clearly Global Warming will be good to YOU.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

We're will be the high 90s here, similar hot temps over the last few days. One odd, saving grace is that heat waves in the NE are often followed by rain which then drops the temps back down to the 70s or 80s, though it makes it more humid. then it's back up to the 90s again. August is normally our worst month,though this year June feels more like August. I have no idea what August is going to be like. It's possible we might break the 100 degree F mark this summer.

Mosquitoes love this kind of weather, unfortunately.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

83 F where I'm at.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

well, that was quite the episode of Loki

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I don't have to watch the youtube to know where this is going.

Flexible weapons are....iffy to start with.

Flexible weapons with both ends doing weird **** are just a bad plan.

When is Hollywood actually going to get experts to make up their bizarre weapons? Wait, I know - because experts will make up stuff that looks NORMAL, because it's the stuff we've already come up with that WORKS. And Hollywood wants Very Special™ looking garbage and doesn't care if it doesn't work.
    Why are we here?