He shouldn't go free, but unfortunately the system should not, in theory, do one-offs so they have to follow precedent.

I guess in a scenario like that you could go either this way or "it already sucks so lets do the right thing" but that's not something people higher up generally want to do.

Sadly I can't imagine someone who's kept their silence this long would come forward now.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    "Yeah, I mean, I guess it's a nice looking katana, but, like, what if we also stuck a second katana to with a chain made of barbed wire, and also bolted a pistol into the grip, and put laser sights on the second handle, to help you aim your swing?"
    Nailed it.

*looks at all of the other horrors being discussed*

Aaargh.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    He shouldn't go free, but unfortunately the system should not, in theory, do one-offs so they have to follow precedent.

I guess in a scenario like that you could go either this way or "it already sucks so lets do the right thing" but that's not something people higher up generally want to do.

Sadly I can't imagine someone who's kept their silence this long would come forward now.
    sigh. sad but true.

but i was bill, i'd just stay home, and do nothing. don't pull an OJ and just spend the rest of your life to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

There is a brightside.

His legacy and image have been destroyed, absolutely torpedoed. For a celebrity, and someone who seemingly relished being "America's Dad" that's probably the worst thing.

He'll die alone, and be quickly forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Nailed it.

*looks at all of the other horrors being discussed*

Aaargh.
    You wanna know what true horror is?

The Katana is the bestest sword ever. Superior to every other sword.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 07-01-2021 at 08:47 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    There is a brightside.

His legacy and image have been destroyed, absolutely torpedoed. For a celebrity, and someone who seemingly relished being "America's Dad" that's probably the worst thing.

you know, it's ironic. cosby was known for not liking other comedians for using swears in their stand ups, most famously pryor and murphy.

it's ironic that he saw them as not being good people but they were a hell of a lot better than he was.

Batman Who Laughs, meet the Joker who Shreds.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

There is a brightside.

True enough. He'll essentially live as a social pariah for however long he has left on this Earth, and not even a particularly rich one either.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Blue Exorcist: Rin's training and emotional Journey through time has paid off as we get one hell of a family reunion.

What a cliffhanger to end on before going on a nearly year long break.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    True enough. He'll essentially live as a social pariah for however long he has left on this Earth, and not even a particularly rich one either.
    and given the lengths he's gone to over the decades to craft that image, you can see how important that is to him. to be viewed as this perfect father figure. and he's lost that. for someone like him, that's almost as bad as going to prison. i said almost.

no more "cosby show" honors. no more invites to speak at college graduations. nothing.

and more irony that a richard pryor, the son of a prostitute who never killed himself doing drugs, is more fondly remembered and honored than "america's dad".

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Blue Exorcist: Rin's training and emotional Journey through time has paid off as we get one hell of a family reunion.

What a cliffhanger to end on before going on a nearly year long break.
    The wait is going to be even more excruciating since Kazue stated on her Twitter back in September that we've only just stepped into the second half of the manga. Ugh, I'm getting Berserk flashbacks. Oh well, her health is important. I also noticed Rin took a page out of Shinra's book by channeling his flames under his feet to propulse him through the air and giving him a good speed boost.

And Beatrice...Why are you suddenly a demon king and why aren't you with Subaru?
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 07-01-2021 at 12:42 PM.

But does it have good balance?

(Damn, that’s an old meme round here.)

In other news, this was the best episode of Loki so far. Especially the spoilers:
    post-credit scene
    end of spoilers.

Hey, Deku? I think it might be time to come home.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Hey, Deku? I think it might be time to come home.
    Y'know, thinking about it, Heroes Rising did definitively prove that Izuku could share OFA's power with other people temporarily, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is what Horikoshi is building up to when Deku reunites with the others.

And God help you Deku, when Ochako gets her hands on you for leaving her behind.

Extraordinary Member

The wait is going to be even more excruciating since Kazue stated on her Twitter back in September that we've only just stepped into the second half of the manga. Ugh, I'm getting Berserk flashbacks. Oh well, her health is important. I also noticed Rin took a page out of Shinra's book by channeling his flames under his feet to propulse him through the air and giving him a good speed boost.
    Wait, this whole massive battle involving almost every single major in the series is the halfway point? Basically the Blue Exorcist equivalent of the Marineford war? ...that's rather exciting actually.

Flight through hellfire propulsion is a good addition to Rin's repetoire. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see how powerful his Satan Slash is now, but Satan dealt with it in a really cool way, so it even's out.

And Beatrice...Why are you suddenly a demon king and why aren't you with Subaru?
    Wanted to try something new I suppose.
    Y'know, thinking about it, Heroes Rising did definitively prove that Izuku could share OFA's power with other people temporarily, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is what Horikoshi is building up to when Deku reunites with the others.
    I don't know if Horikoshi wants to bring back that particular movie style hand wave explanation for the actual series. I do agree that more of the hero community will share the burden that All Might shouldered on his own, but probably not via sharing One For All.
    And God help you Deku, when Ochako gets her hands on you for leaving her behind.
    Yells, slaps and hugs are in store for Deku once Ochako catches up with him.