Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    It's unfortunately an engine that lends itself well to low-effort games that end up looking and feeling terrible.

Which is a shame, because there's a lot of things you can do in the engine.
    I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek. :V

I've made a few mini-RPGs with the series myself. It's a pretty good system for what it is, especially with all the community support, and one of the only game maker engines with a pretty solid amount of quality assets pre-built in (which of course everyone is a snob about, since a lot of said low-effort games default to using them). Nonetheless, those assets are what I've leaned on, because I don't have the time/energy/skill to make my own assets to a professional level, or the money to get custom assets, especially not for tiny games with a tiny audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami
    Nothing. It's just that, if I want to play an RPG Maker game I'd rather make it myself. I am assuming that Playstation games are on the expensive side.
    Eh, there's a lot of cheap games of this caliber these days, but I also am hesitant to buy things these days. At least indy games able to make it on consoles are almost guaranteed to have PC versions on Steam, probably for cheap sale.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Don't really care who does it as long as she dies chocking on her impotent anger, or by getting stabbed through the face.

After she's gotten the shit kicked out of her for the better part of an episode.

Penny deserved better and Cinder deserves paid.

I find indie games on consoles to be relatively cheap compare to big-budget AAA games.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

And on this chapter on One Piece, Oda introduces yet another major piece of lore potentially foreshadowed several hundred chapters ago

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Finally got around to checking out Witch Hat Atelier after seeing a lot of high praise for it and it is really rather wonderful.

Exceptionally well-realised magical system and world built on that system, beautiful artwork and a surprisingly large and quite welcome density of disability representation in it's cast.

Would highly recommend, really rather a special manga.
    On it.

Edit: you weren't kidding about the art. O_o
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-05-2021 at 04:13 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    On it.

Edit: you weren't kidding about the art. O_o
    It's really quite astonishing how nice it looks.

Shades of latter period Kentaro Miura in both it's composition and style. Really great to look at.

It's really quite astonishing how nice it looks.

Shades of latter period Kentaro Miura in both it's composition and style. Really great to look at.
    I'll be reading more of it today.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

A few chapters into Witch Hat Atelier, and have discovered the local jealous, self-absorbed, murderous rival.

How did the teacher not see Agott is? Edit: no admonishment for having tried to murder Coco. Weird.

...also, central character is brilliant in a very realistic fashion (not the usual 'is a perfect prodigy' way).

Enjoyment - thank you, Nik.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-05-2021 at 05:06 AM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    A few chapters into Witch Hat Atelier, and have discovered the local jealous, self-absorbed, murderous rival.

How did the teacher not see Agott is? Edit: no admonishment for having tried to murder Coco. Weird.

...also, central character is brilliant in a very realistic fashion (not the usual 'is a perfect prodigy' way).

Enjoyment - thank you, Nik.
    Glad you're enjoying it.

I'd slightly disagree with your assessment of Agott. I think it's worth noting that...

spoilers:
    ...Agott didn't place Coco in direct danger or try to get her killed per say. She wanted her to fail the test so she would leave because of cultural xenophobia (a topic which is addressed a bit later on) but she didn't specifically want her dead or put her in any particular direct danger.
    end of spoilers

She is self-absorbed and... not jealous exactly, more like haughty. She will unfold into greater complexity as things go on.

My Forum check it out

Glad you're enjoying it.

I'd slightly disagree with your assessment of Agott. I think it's worth noting that...

spoilers:
    ...Agott didn't place Coco in direct danger or try to get her killed per say. She wanted her to fail the test so she would leave because of cultural xenophobia (a topic which is addressed a bit later on) but she didn't specifically want her dead or put her in any particular direct danger.
    end of spoilers

She is self-absorbed and... not jealous exactly, more like haughty. She will unfold into greater complexity as things go on.
    Oh, I'm sure, and I'm 100% sure that they'll become best of friends, etc. Can see that being set up, or something along those lines.

I'm fine with being wrong on my assessment, as well. It's just that...she takes it on herself to do this, she DOES put Coco in a situation where

spoilers:
    ...if Coco tries to pass the test she could be in grave danger, a fact that is nailed home by the teacher coming back and crapping all over himself when he realizes Coco has been pressured/manipulated into the test. Additionally Agott lies to Coco and manipulates her to do this, she shows no remorse at all for any of it...there's 'she wasn't in any danger' and 'she was placed in a situation where it was either fail or clearly place herself IN danger to TRY'.

Also, still no consequences for Agott - she didn't even get a sharp look from the teacher.
    end of spoilers

I'm picky about this point because I AM enjoying the story/characters/art, and that was the one thing that stood out as 'woah'.

I mean, my assessment may be incorrect (and it's looking that way, and I trust you on this), but based on the optics of that encounter alone I'm pretty okay with it as a preliminary one. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Oh yeah, it's a shitty thing to do and it did put Coco in danger. I'm more quibbling with the term 'murderous' than the endorsement of her action I think.

That said; the lack of consequences or reprimand for Agott may be more to do with Qifrey as a person rather than the reality of the situation methinks.

But you'll get to that ;- )

Oh yeah, it's a shitty thing to do and it did put Coco in danger. I'm more quibbling with the term 'murderous' than the endorsement of her action I think.
    I getcha. Perhaps I should have gone with 'completely uncaring about another person's existence/safety' - it wasn't a deliberate attempt to kill them, it was more 'if they die, they die, eh.'

That said; the lack of consequences or reprimand for Agott may be more to do with Qifrey as a person rather than the reality of the situation methinks.

But you'll get to that ;- )
    Cool. ^_^
    Why are we here?