Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Hmm, this looks cool.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Oh yeah, it's a shitty thing to do and it did put Coco in danger. I'm more quibbling with the term 'murderous' than the endorsement of her action I think.

That said; the lack of consequences or reprimand for Agott may be more to do with Qifrey as a person rather than the reality of the situation methinks.

But you'll get to that ;- )
    Seeing more of Qifrey's teaching methodology (the cooking, 'actually USE your magic to do something in life rather than just mindlessly practice it', etc). That's good stuff.

Edit: I also find it interesting that this world, like other magical-type worlds (Harry Potter, I'm lookin' at you), spoilers:
    has a somewhat derogatory name for non-magic using people (rather than saying something that means 'just not a witch', though it's less-bad than 'muggle'...however, one might consider that it's a Japanese story and 'outsider' isn't exactly a nice thing to say in that culture). Even MORE interesting is the fact that the writers clearly understand this, and Qifrey doesn't agree with using that term.

And that his buddy 'apologizes for being rude' (so knows it's not a nice thing to say) and goes on to say 'but it's just the word we use for people who aren't witches'. Systemic/baked-in prejudice, hmmm?

Writing good.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-06-2021 at 04:08 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Seeing more of Qifrey's teaching methodology (the cooking, 'actually USE your magic to do something in life rather than just mindlessly practice it', etc). That's good stuff.
    that's a very nicely done scene.

I think the series has a lot of interesting things to say about learning styles, again more to come on that front, and it's more about cleverness and ingenuity than other series tend to focus. Magic is flexible thing under this system rather than a single "this is how you do it," sort of affair.

Really sells the system as believable.

that's a very nicely done scene.

I think the series has a lot of interesting things to say about learning styles, again more to come on that front, and it's more about cleverness and ingenuity than other series tend to focus. Magic is flexible thing under this system rather than a single "this is how you do it," sort of affair.

Really sells the system as believable.
    Good points. And I like it. And I like that magic is a whole lot more than 'fighty stuff', which I see in a lot of other series.

I edited my post above with something I noticed. In the spoilers.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ugh, creepy mind-controlling/alteration **** with the Knights Moralis, which I am 100% sure is intentional by the writers. Yeah, REALLY enjoying this. Thanks, Nik.
    Why are we here?

Ugh, creepy mind-controlling/alteration **** with the Knights Moralis, which I am 100% sure is intentional by the writers. Yeah, REALLY enjoying this. Thanks, Nik.
    As noted in your spoiler tags, writing indeed good haha.

Glad you're enjoying it, it's a very fine series!

As noted in your spoiler tags, writing indeed good haha.

Glad you're enjoying it, it's a very fine series!
    Holy crap, dude, this is one of THE best manga series I've read in a looong time.

Just arrived at the spoilers:
    silverwash stuff. And Qifrey is all "Refusal to accommodate differences is not an admirable quality of Witch society." Acknowledgement of ableism, to boot. Throw that on top of the whole Knight Moralis ugliness.
    end of spoilers

It's not just fantastic art, great characters, spiffy world-building, etc. It's tackling some deeper issues.
    Why are we here?

Holy crap, dude, this is one of THE best manga series I've read in a looong time.

Just arrived at the spoilers:
    silverwash stuff. And Qifrey is all "Refusal to accommodate differences is not an admirable quality of Witch society." Acknowledgement of ableism, to boot. Throw that on top of the whole Knight Moralis ugliness.
    end of spoilers

It's not just fantastic art, great characters, spiffy world-building, etc. It's tackling some deeper issues.
    I had seen a small but vocal contingent on Twitter saying stuff like "it might be one of the best manga running at the moment," and the art definitely drew me in but boy did it deliver in how smart, sincere and careful it is.

It's only a shame it's a monthly so, now I've caught up, I have to wait a while before I get more ;_;

(but with this level of quality, I am fine with waiting)

I had seen a small but vocal contingent on Twitter saying stuff like "it might be one of the best manga running at the moment," and the art definitely drew me in but boy did it deliver in how smart, sincere and careful it is.
    Indeed. I would say the people on Twitter have nailed it. This one is fantastic. Seems available for purchase, so I'm going to pick up the first one and give it to my wife - I think she'll love it.

It's only a shame it's a monthly so, now I've caught up, I have to wait a while before I get more ;_;

(but with this level of quality, I am fine with waiting)
    Truth to both of those. I'm still in the 'devour as fast as possible' stage, mind.

Soon, I will finish it. *weeps bitter tears*
    Why are we here?

"As a witch, he is phenomenal."

"I should clarify - his magic is what's phenomenal."

Maaaan, Olruggio is the absolute KING of viciously cutting someone down without putting it directly in words.

The look of disgust:

Oruggio.jpg
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-06-2021 at 06:55 AM.
    Why are we here?

I swear, the guy gets all the best expressions. If I had it in me to change my avatar....

Olruggio facepalm.jpg
    Why are we here?

I swear, the guy gets all the best expressions. If I had it in me to change my avatar....

Olruggio facepalm.jpg
    Olruggio is such a disgruntled king.

Mercantile, perpetually tired.

Olruggio is such a disgruntled king.

Mercantile, perpetually tired.
    ...and fast becoming my favorite character. ^_^
    Why are we here?