Extraordinary Member

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Pretty darned good, that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That is very cool, great animation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Pretty darned good, that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That is very cool, great animation.
    They have lots of similar videos covering stuff like fictional robots, video game monsters, space ships and real world occurences like explosions and wealth.

It's pretty fun stuff to watch.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

*noticed that July's free event mech is an Atlas.*

...Better grind as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

*noticed that July's free event mech is an Atlas.*

...Better grind as hell.
    They give away ATLASES?

Cripes, get that thing.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

They give away ATLASES?

Cripes, get that thing.
    Basically it's a loot bag event. Just play the matches as usual to get them, a decent performance usually bets bout 4-5 loot.

It's about 200 loot bags to unlock the Atlas so...Yeah, gonna grind like mad. Gonna blow up things with my Archer until that bad boy is added to my collection.

Basically it's a loot bag event. Just play the matches as usual to get them, a decent performance usually bets bout 4-5 loot.

It's about 200 loot bags to unlock the Atlas so...Yeah, gonna grind like mad. Gonna blow up things with my Archer until that bad boy is added to my collection.
    Monthly, then. Got it. So youll need about 45 matches to get it.

O_o

That's a lot, though I don't know how long a match goes. Good luck. If it's anything like the tabletop Atlas, yeesh, totally worth it.
    Why are we here?

Monthly, then. Got it. So youll need about 45 matches to get it.

O_o

That's a lot, though I don't know how long a match goes. Good luck. If it's anything like the tabletop Atlas, yeesh, totally worth it.
    MWO is kinda different but Atlas is an Atlas. Should also do more with Battletech as well. I have two playthroughs of either Longdick's Revengers (the main campaign) and Rocky's Crusaders (hard career mode) going on atm.

Yeesh. You're really hooked on the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe.

I remember playing the strat game (Battletech) on tabletop. I think out of the dozens of times we tried to play, we finished a very, very small battle (like, two players/four mechs) once.

Most of the time we barely got past the second turn. Damn game just took too long to play.
    Why are we here?

Yeesh. You're really hooked on the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe.

I remember playing the strat game (Battletech) on tabletop. I think out of the dozens of times we tried to play, we finished a very, very small battle (like, two players/four mechs) once.

Most of the time we barely got past the second turn. Damn game just took too long to play.
    I admit, missed my chance in the 90s but the recent resurgence has got my attention. Learning the lore in full really peaked my interest.

...I honestly do not care bout the Dark Age or IlClan eras unfortunately enough.

I admit, missed my chance in the 90s but the recent resurgence has got my attention. Learning the lore in full really peaked my interest.

...I honestly do not care bout the Dark Age or IlClan eras unfortunately enough.
    I was into the original, and maybe a little bit more (they had some add-ons before the Clans popped up). I lost a lot of interest with the clans and such. Also, I wanted to play the RPG version, but nobody wanted to run it. And I was tired of always being the GM.

I just remembered one hilarious match that we DID finish (another short one - two players, limited tonnage). I think it was about 200 tons each. My opponent had three pretty well thought-out mechs (Archer, Thunderbolt, and...not sure). I had...like, a 45 tonner and something like thirty-one 5 ton hovercrafts, each of which had a...medium laser, I want to say. I think. With really stupid speed.

Needless to say, every single time my opponent managed to hit something with anything larger than a machinegun, I'd lose a hovercraft ([Large Laser] BZAT, hovercraft vanishes in a puff of smoke). But 31 hovercrafts swarming around one mech and firing 31 medium lasers tends to make that mech into swiss cheese in 1-2 rounds. So it was a pretty frustrating match for them (and the reason it was so short...I think I ended the match with about ten hovercrafts left, as well as the mech).
    Why are we here?

I was into the original, and maybe a little bit more (they had some add-ons before the Clans popped up). I lost a lot of interest with the clans and such. Also, I wanted to play the RPG version, but nobody wanted to run it. And I was tired of always being the GM.

I just remembered one hilarious match that we DID finish (another short one - two players, limited tonnage). I think it was about 200 tons each. My opponent had three pretty well thought-out mechs (Archer, Thunderbolt, and...not sure). I had...like, a 45 tonner and something like thirty-one 5 ton hovercrafts, each of which had a...medium laser, I want to say. I think. With really stupid speed.

Needless to say, every single time my opponent managed to hit something with anything larger than a machinegun, I'd lose a hovercraft ([Large Laser] BZAT, hovercraft vanishes in a puff of smoke). But 31 hovercrafts swarming around one mech and firing 31 medium lasers tends to make that mech into swiss cheese in 1-2 rounds. So it was a pretty frustrating match for them (and the reason it was so short...I think I ended the match with about ten hovercrafts left, as well as the mech).
    That is pretty amusing. Haha.

I do got to credit Tex Talks Battletech for really getting me interested as well. Those videos were fun and do discuss on the lore.

And reading about the Fouth Succession War...Like goddamn.

I do got to credit Tex Talks Battletech for really getting me interested as well. Those videos were fun and do discuss on the lore.

And reading about the Fouth Succession War...Like goddamn.
    It has been waaaaay too long since I've read any of the fluff and the novels (like, approaching 35 years), so I'm out of the loop when it comes to the history. Sometimes I wish I had stuck with it, but my gaming group lost interest in Battletech altogether, ages ago.
    Why are we here?

It has been waaaaay too long since I've read any of the fluff and the novels (like, approaching 35 years), so I'm out of the loop when it comes to the history. Sometimes I wish I had stuck with it, but my gaming group lost interest in Battletech altogether, ages ago.
    Gotcha. Reminds me I missed out a lot growing up when it comes to RPGs.