The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Gotcha. Reminds me I missed out a lot growing up when it comes to RPGs.
    Well....it all depends on one's interests and one's friends' interests. I lost out on other stuff because I was focusing a lot on Tabletop RPG's. ^_^

And as it turns out, I'm cool with that. Can't do everything, after all.

These days, at least I get to PLAY a little in PBP games. My current table group (which goes back a ways, I admit) STILL won't GM anything, leaving it all for me.

Group almost died a while back, but then everyone's responsibilities changed again with age, and now...more freedom. Granted, we haven't played in a year and a quarter, but now we all have our second shots and COVID is (currently) under good control in Ontario, so we might start up again soon.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

UQ Holder: Some manga start their final battles off by showing off the overwhelming size of the antagonist's army. In UQ Holder the final battl starts with the bad guy spoilers:
    moving the largest of Pluto's moons into close proximity to earth while two thirds of the main characters are caught in a trap on Pluto.
    end of spoilers

Also, Gengorou is an isekai protagonist.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse: Arthur still has his lovecraftian chaos powers and is definitely giving off some evil overlord vibes, but seems pretty chill otherwise. Merlin is also there but is being largely quiet for now. And Percival's party grows by one.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Four Knights of the Apocalypse: Arthur still has his lovecraftian chaos powers and is definitely giving off some evil overlord vibes, but seems pretty chill otherwise. Merlin is also there but is being largely quiet for now. And Percival's party grows by one.
    I'm greatly enjoying this direction for Arthur as a character.

He was always kind of... you know... there...(?) in Seven Deadly but now he feels a lot more dynamic and fun to see.

So, Final Fantasy X-3 may go into production after FFVII-R concludes. On one hand, I would be thrilled to have a new FFX with an extended cast and a new gameplay system. And hell, getting another crack at Sin and not having that sense of victory mitigated by fighting a defenseless black tick like in the original would be awesome lol. The only con for me is that I have to acknowledge that the FFX-2.5 novel and the Will audio drama are canon(though I do like that Tidus is essentially a humanoid summon now).
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm greatly enjoying this direction for Arthur as a character.

He was always kind of... you know... there...(?) in Seven Deadly but now he feels a lot more dynamic and fun to see.
    Agreed.

It might also make me appreciate the final arc of Seven Deadly Sins more (that is to say at all) by seeing it as setup for Arthur's role in this series.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 07-14-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well....it all depends on one's interests and one's friends' interests. I lost out on other stuff because I was focusing a lot on Tabletop RPG's. ^_^

And as it turns out, I'm cool with that. Can't do everything, after all.

These days, at least I get to PLAY a little in PBP games. My current table group (which goes back a ways, I admit) STILL won't GM anything, leaving it all for me.

Group almost died a while back, but then everyone's responsibilities changed again with age, and now...more freedom. Granted, we haven't played in a year and a quarter, but now we all have our second shots and COVID is (currently) under good control in Ontario, so we might start up again soon.
    That's nice to hear. Hoping it goes well.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Continuing to write backstory for my character Yuu and the more I think about, his nickname Swordbreaker Tiger does have that combination of slightly corny and somewhat terrifying given his past deeds.

Which actually works well for me which I am happy about.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I both really enjoy animating but also really hate animating.

My brain is melting a bit atm after only two hours working on something. I am way out of practice ;_;

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

MCU officially has it's next overarching villain, and Jonathan Majors looks to be fantastic in the role

also really enjoyed Loki, and very happy that it'll get another season to flesh out the story spoilers:
    and good god that ending is an existential dread one, Loki is now essentially lost in literally an infinite number of different realities he'll have to (assumedly) try and navigate through
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-14-2021 at 02:57 PM.

I didn't like the rushed character development or character assassination of my boy Loki, but I guess the spoilers:
    Alligator Loki, and fantastic performance of Old Man Loki
    end of spoilers made up for it I guess.

Overall, I'm at least curious to see how S2 develops things from here. So I guess that's a win.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I felt like with both of the last two episodes I was kind of hoping for more than what they ended up doing. A bunch more.

I've definitely seen a lot of what they ended up doing before in other works and done better, so I actually think this overall I'm a bit disappointed with this series in a similar way to FATWS. I can feel it by the way I have no real urge to see these episodes again.

Still, I'm not turned off enough to not be interested in where they take S2 I guess
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

choi from The Constellation that Returned from Hell might be in the running for the most ****-busted martial artist in fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I felt like with both of the last two episodes I was kind of hoping for more than what they ended up doing. A bunch more.

I've definitely seen a lot of what they ended up doing before in other works and done better, so I actually think this overall I'm a bit disappointed with this series in a similar way to FATWS. I can feel it by the way I have no real urge to see these episodes again.

Still, I'm not turned off enough to not be interested in where they take S2 I guess
    It was spoilers:
    the alligator and old Loki that kept you going, wasn't it?
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It was spoilers:
    the alligator and old Loki that kept you going, wasn't it?
    end of spoilers
    Though I did like those things I think more likely

spoilers:
    I was like Renslayer with the latter half of the show. "It can't all be for nothing, can it?"
    end of spoilers
    Well, it sorta was. The ending was good at least even though i've seen it before a dozen times.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie