Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Though I did like those things I think more likely

spoilers:
    I was like Renslayer with the latter half of the show. "It can't all be for nothing, can it?"
    end of spoilers
    Well, it sorta was. The ending was good at least even though i've seen it before a dozen times.
    Ahh yea that's fair.

I'm kind of on the fence with it as a whole though. It takes a wrecking ball to the world building of the past 10+ years in the first few episodes which is... oof.

But I kind of need to see how they go from here before I decide for sure.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

*recently found a series of files on my laptop, many of which I never used at all*

...I wonder how much free space I'll get on deleting these.

*suddenly, over 1 GB of memory is available*

O_o

That...That explains a bit why my laptop is way too slow.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    MCU officially has it's next overarching villain, and Jonathan Majors looks to be fantastic in the role.
    *looks up who the new villain is*

Aha, I get to feel slightly smart.

After I watched Endgame, I was like "I wonder who the next villain will be?" and guessed it would most likely be this character.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, Final Fantasy X-3 may go into production after FFVII-R concludes. On one hand, I would be thrilled to have a new FFX with an extended cast and a new gameplay system. And hell, getting another crack at Sin and not having that sense of victory mitigated by fighting a defenseless black tick like in the original would be awesome lol. The only con for me is that I have to acknowledge that the FFX-2.5 novel and the Will audio drama are canon(though I do like that Tidus is essentially a humanoid summon now).
    Yeah, the audio drama was really a let-down for me. Ugh.

Though I would be happy to see Final Fantasy X-3. Loved that one - second favorite of the FF games.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I didn't like the rushed character development or character assassination of my boy Loki, but I guess the spoilers:
    Alligator Loki, and fantastic performance of Old Man Loki
    end of spoilers made up for it I guess.

Overall, I'm at least curious to see how S2 develops things from here. So I guess that's a win.
    We were so disappointed with the first couple of episodes of Loki (maybe first three? I forget) we just gave up. It was like...Loki In Name Only.

Might force myself to watch the rest. My wife won't - she's disgusted with the whole affair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I both really enjoy animating but also really hate animating.

My brain is melting a bit atm after only two hours working on something. I am way out of practice ;_;
    I see your stuff. Love it, even rough. Hang in there. ^_^

It's funny, but even your 'rough' stuff captures the essence of a real fight better than most of the 'pro' animation I've seen out there. Yep, even when you have characters get fancy. Maybe because you're not afraid of 'long cuts' (which has a weird feeling when talking about animation, but there you go), on top of the fact that you seem to have a better grasp of the reality of such things.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I see your stuff. Love it, even rough. Hang in there. ^_^

It's funny, but even your 'rough' stuff captures the essence of a real fight better than most of the 'pro' animation I've seen out there. Yep, even when you have characters get fancy. Maybe because you're not afraid of 'long cuts' (which has a weird feeling when talking about animation, but there you go), on top of the fact that you seem to have a better grasp of the reality of such things.
    Very kind of you.

Also, I'm very afraid of long cuts because they're a bitch to animate but they are also much easier to straight-ahead than actually planning things. -___-

Very kind of you.

Also, I'm very afraid of long cuts because they're a bitch to animate but they are also much easier to straight-ahead than actually planning things. -___-
    You might be afraid of them, but I see them a lot. More than in 'normal' animation. Probably because they are a bitch to animate (didn't know that, but it makes sense).
    Why are we here?

*reads newest Thor*

I swear, 'Thor is no longer worthy of hammer for Reasons' is fast becoming the new 'Stephen Strange loses his magic and must find new magic' of Marvel writers.

Too soon, guys.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You might be afraid of them, but I see them a lot. More than in 'normal' animation. Probably because they are a bitch to animate (didn't know that, but it makes sense).
    This Shiva one actually has... what... five cuts in it.

I choose to believe this shows growth in my ambition and workflow even if my actual output has gone down in quality. ^_^

This Shiva one actually has... what... five cuts in it.

I choose to believe this shows growth in my ambition and workflow even if my actual output has gone down in quality. ^_^
    It does, sure. But I'm thinking about stuff like the fight you had before between two undefined people, where one guy beats the tar out of the other, stomping their opponent at the end.

Maybe my memory is just fixed on that one, is all.

Either way, you make the stuff look good. ^_^ The Shiva one just looks good off the bat, rough as it is.
    Why are we here?

Poking through my old files here at work, and stumbled across my 'master's thesis' for my old Martial Arts school (the one before now) - a proposed grappling curriculum (for a school based mostly on strikes and weapons, but starting to realize due to sparring that it would need to put in a bit of grappling to round things out).

Fun read, and I'm pretty happy with it still. Got me my certificate for that school, in any case.
    Why are we here?

But really, I'm kinda happy I didn't need to write something to get my certificate with my current teacher. :P
    Why are we here?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i dug where they were going with loki. reminded me a lot of linkara's battle with the entity, in that it asks questions of him that no one really asked him before. not sure if i could call him a villain anymore. he's in a weird space and i'm looking forward to seeing where they go with him and the multi-verse.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

to expand upon my earlier post about choi.

choi was a martial artist from a earth that dealt with what is called "constellations" which are basically gods. here, as a martial artist, he isn't seen as much of a threat since everyone knows or is aware of magic and marital artists don't use magic. but he doesn't care. he only cares about training and getting stronger so he can make his way in the world. one day, one of the contellations comes to him, a goddess with the power to see the future. she says that in the future, mankind will face a grave threat and she came to give a chance to face that threat. he agrees and she preps him to go to a special training ground with everything he needs and it even properties like the hypberbolic time chamber from DB (he even says it outloud). but before he can even get to that training area, a magical storm whips up and throws him into the ass end of the abyss, which is like the outer universe. this was just a cosmic accident but choi thinks this was just part of his training from the goddess.

so he trains. HARD. like he could put goku, gon, naruto and almost anyone else you can name to shame when it comes to training.

like in one part, he is put on a planet that is not only has a giant ocean filled with poisonous fish but the very water itself is poisonous and this sumbitch just dives in and starts hunting the fish because he's hungry. but thanks to the type of martial arts he uses, he is not only able to survive the poison but over the centuries of eating the poison fish, he becomes immune to poisons. ALL OF THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so he trains. HARD. like he could put goku, gon, naruto and almost anyone else you can name to shame when it comes to training.

like in one part, he is put on a planet that is not only has a giant ocean filled with poisonous fish but the very water itself is poisonous and this sumbitch just dives in and starts hunting the fish because he's hungry. but thanks to the type of martial arts he uses, he is not only able to survive the poison but over the centuries of eating the poison fish, he becomes immune to poisons. ALL OF THEM!
    Luffy did the same thing by getting horribly poisoned in Impel Down and surviving.

Also, a vague skim of this series says that one of his abilities is the "Power of Existence," an the ability to twist reality and make whatever he wants to happen happen.

And he's got that Korean Webtoon trope of acquiring "skills" in the manner that video game character does as rewards for beating guys.

So... he's hardly a martial artist in the classic sense. Dude is a reality warping video game character who appears to be on his way to becoming a god.