Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    need some help from anyone who is really tech savy.

my computer has been randomly freezing up on me for a while now. this is a new computer i'm on and i've done everything i can to fix the problem: update the drivers, lessened my chrome process use, disk clean up, defrag, malwere checks. hell, i've even changed browers and it doesn't work. i've figured out that it's a problem with the windows 10 since a lot of other people are having the same problems. sadly, there is no fix or acknowledgement of the issue from MS, so all i can do is roll back and hope it works.

anyone got any other solutions for it?
    You might want to contact an IT Professional or look into getting a new computer if it's that bad.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

need some help from anyone who is really tech savy.

my computer has been randomly freezing up on me for a while now. this is a new computer i'm on and i've done everything i can to fix the problem: update the drivers, lessened my chrome process use, disk clean up, defrag, malwere checks. hell, i've even changed browers and it doesn't work. i've figured out that it's a problem with the windows 10 since a lot of other people are having the same problems. sadly, there is no fix or acknowledgement of the issue from MS, so all i can do is roll back and hope it works.

anyone got any other solutions for it?
    I had the exact same issues with my laptop recently and tried everything you listed(including copying the error code and googling it for any other solutions) before I had to buy a new one. Unfortunately, if it's as bad as you say, rebooting the system is a temporary solution. The problem, as I've been told, is likely due to the hard drive itself, so you'll either need to have it replaced or you may have to opt for a new laptop.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Favourite manga chapter of the week has to be Candy Flurry for the absolutely hilarious interaction between sad sack Misaki, his villainous opponent and all of his classmates. It's also oddly heartwarming.

If you're not familiar with Candy Flurry, it's a fairly typical shounen action series with the odd wrinkle that all the powers are that people can manifest and control different kinds of sweets. So you've got a girl that can summon up a tidal wave's worth of ice cream and manipulate it like Gaara does sand, one dude that can use popcorn kernels like grenades and the main character can create large lolipops that she uses as projectiles, shields or a close combat weapon. This offbeat power system is delightful enough to make the series feel rather fresh, and the art is quite nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    My Hero Academia 320:

About what I expected. spoilers:
    The members of 1-A basically beating on Izuku with their special moves while he tries to escape. I wasn't expecting him to go all 'kill crazy' on them, but I was hoping he'd do a Mirio and show why they need to go home. Because I seriously doubt they'll be helpful against All For One or AFO-wielding Shigaraki. Also, real rich of Bakugou talking about Izuku seeing people as 'extras'.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It probably isn't just that Deku doesn't want to fight them, it's probably also that Deku knows what they're saying is true and that their speeches are getting to him. So he just wants to get out of there. Even so, he is over-powering them left and right at the moment.

And yes, Bakugou is a hypocrite. Nothing new there. Not looking forward to the series once again trying to convince me what a great friend he is to Deku.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    One Piece 1019:

Sanji continues his battle against Queen, and I don't think Triceratops work that way, Oda. spoilers:
    But Franky still manages to beat Sasaki despite the fact that he can apparently spin his neck fringe fast enough to fly. Meanwhile, Luffy reveals to the Heart pirates that all he needs to from a Kaido beating and being dropped into the ocean to drown is meat. Also, Yamato has a, presumably mythical, zoan devil fruit as well that Kaido went through 'a lot of trouble' to get.
    end of spoilers
    Triceratops' might work like that in the One Piece world and most people just don't know about it. spoilers:
    I've seen some theories that Yamato has a Byakko DF, which would represent the opposite cardinal direction to Kaido's Gyrados when thinking of them as allusions to the four guardian beasts in chinese constellations. Which would be cool.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 07-18-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

I gotta agree with Beachhead here. What in the blue hell are these guys doing?

Though fists being superior to lasers always makes me chuckle.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    You might want to contact an IT Professional or look into getting a new computer if it's that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I had the exact same issues with my laptop recently and tried everything you listed(including copying the error code and googling it for any other solutions) before I had to buy a new one. Unfortunately, if it's as bad as you say, rebooting the system is a temporary solution. The problem, as I've been told, is likely due to the hard drive itself, so you'll either need to have it replaced or you may have to opt for a new laptop.
    as much as i would love to get an new one, i can't. i have no money to buy even a used one. the main problem is the OS. specially 20H2 update. i've tried to roll back the update but because of how MS updates go, i can only go back so far.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

as much as i would love to get an new one, i can't. i have no money to buy even a used one. the main problem is the OS. specially 20H2 update. i've tried to roll back the update but because of how MS updates go, i can only go back so far.
    That's really unfortunate. I think you listed all that I would do so I got nothing exactly useful to add.

Though if you present such things to my parents, they'd think you're some sort of IT god.

Do a google search for computer repair places near you. Pick out one that looks reputable, perhaps one in a big chain like Staples or Best Buy, and find out how much it would cost to have them check it out. It could be a whole lot cheaper than buying anew new Laptop and they might have the tech to give it a once over.

Oh, I just remembered something. Issues can occur if you receive an update that isn't compatible with your system. This is a trick I learned.

Power down your computer, then hit the power button again. As soon as you see it booting up, hit the power button and shut it down.

Then hit the power button again. This time, the computer should go to troubleshooting mode. Let it run, and if it asks you let it check your recent updates, if needed it will uninstall those updates.

Once the recent updates are uninstalled, it should restart and take you back to the entry screen.

I've use this on my Laptop and my husband's laptop successfully.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-18-2021 at 03:13 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    It probably isn't just that Deku doesn't want to fight them, it's probably also that Deku knows what they're saying is true and that their speeches are getting to him. So he just wants to get out of there. Even so, he is over-powering them left and right at the moment.

And yes, Bakugou is a hypocrite. Nothing new there. Not looking forward to the series once again trying to convince me what a great friend he is to Deku.
    end of spoilers
    I don't think they've ever gone very heavy on Bakugo being a great friend. The emphasis bas been more on his potential to be a Great Hero and his ability to be a great rival

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Woohoo!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It may never see the light of day, but I'm working on another idea for an RPG. Then again, I guess I could always try writing it up as a fiction story.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.