Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, he's rusty as well.

And older.

Like, by a lot.

And I do appreciate your style of motivation.

...though to be honest, I'm going to train with him, not kill him. I'm not Miburo.
    They say that the Lion holds nothing back, even when hunting rabbits. I do not know if Rabbits and Lions actually interact, but that is besides the point.

Besides, I don't *try* to kill the people I train with.

I simply miscalculate my own immense power, coupled with overestimating the limits of my partner. They die because of human error.

It's unfortunate, but it happens.

...With that said, I like to think that even these failures are honoring them.

Think about it. A desperate battle where they are forced to hold nothing back, to evolve as warriors or perish...I am helping to forge the blade of their being with every blow. They shall be made into true blades, or be shattered.

By having a contest where they feel 'safe' or 'not in mortal peril' am I not robbing them of the chance to reach the Apex manifestation of their potential? Who am I to deny them such a thing?

And who are they to deny me? Each being that falls to my fist teaches me yet another lesson. About the strength of Miburo and about the frailty of man.

It's a honor for both myself, and for my dearly departed training partner.

Of course, you made mention of teacher...So that is a tad different.

I mean, the one who is Miburo Hunter, becomes Miburo Hunter once the one who came before him perishes, relinquishes the title, or is defeated in glorious combat. Of course, no Miburo surrenders his title to his student directly (outside of very specific instances, don't ask why I am Miburo and not Miburo Hunter)so death is a consequence.

This glorious cycle must be upheld (usually) and is not far from teacher/student relationship. When one has reached the summit of knowledge as a student, how else can on see how one measure's up to their master? And how can they be certain they have produced a student who can both carry on, and exceed their legacy? A simple training exercise will not do.

One must come to rend body and soul apart, and to be torn asunder in turn. This is how both master and student are satisfied.

But, usually those days are many many moons away....And I'm a crappy student, so I don't care if my masters are happy, so this doesn't happen that often.

...Yet.
    Last edited by Miburo; 08-05-2021 at 02:28 PM.

SPOILERS from the Roman and Neo RWBY Novel which fills in the gaps of their backstory!

spoilers:

Apparently, Neo's real name is Trivia Vanille and the Neopolitan Persona is based off of the imaginary friend she had as a kid and her father was a douche.
    end of spoilers

I haven't checked out the rest of the book yet, obviously as I do not have it, but that's all from the first chapter preview.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I have to say this Samurai Warriors 5 is one of the best musou games I have played.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    This is 100% accurate. You never know what an amateur will do next. It'll keep ya on your toes!
    That's why I call people who are trained suckers.

If you're untrained, you're basically the joker :P
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The live action western adaptation of Akira, for those who have been keeping track over the last... jesus 12 years at this point, is shelved and dead again.

Taika Waititi, the director who was attached the project, is reported as saying that the project has "collapsed". Speculation is that Waititi's decision to cast primarily with little known/unknown East Asian teenage actors butted heads with the studio who wanted to pursue an big name cast and now the project has been shelved and will, presumably, need to find a new director again for the... fourth(?) time.

I remain of the opinion that this film will never actually get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The live action western adaptation of Akira, for those who have been keeping track over the last... jesus 12 years at this point, is shelved and dead again.

Taika Waititi, the director who was attached the project, is reported as saying that the project has "collapsed". Speculation is that Waititi's decision to cast primarily with little known/unknown East Asian teenage actors butted heads with the studio who wanted to pursue an big name cast and now the project has been shelved and will, presumably, need to find a new director again for the... fourth(?) time.

I remain of the opinion that this film will never actually get off the ground.
    oh thank God

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

One Piece 1021

Nico Robin finally has a proper solo battle, the first real one since Skypeia (Fishman Island doesn't count, since all of them were scrubs), while Luffy gorges on food to prepare for his re-rematch with Kaido.

My Hero Academia 322: spoilers:
    So, Bakugou finally apologizes to Izuku, and to be honest... I'm not feeling it. But at least he FINALLY did it. Also, I know we're supposed to disagree with the civilians hiding at UA, but they have a point: Izuku basically has a target on his back, and the one aiming for it is the guy who broke into, then out of, what is essentially Super Alcatraz. And brought some of the world's deadliest villains with him. All of whom he is aiming at the aforementioned target on Izuku's back.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

So, the 364th chapter of Berserk that Miura completed before he passed will be released this fall as well as a booklet. There're baseless speculative rumors that question if Miura's assistants will continue the manga, but I hope to God not.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 08-06-2021 at 11:17 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

New chapter of Bleach was good fun. Solid premise, bit of an expansion to the setup of the world. We now know where Soul Reapers and Hollow go when they die (as they are already technically dead).

Ichigo looks like he has a receding hairline which I find very amusing.

Suicide Squad was fun, but not very good I think. Still, worth a watch.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Suicide Squad was fun, but not very good I think. Still, worth a watch.
    I'd still put it higher than anything out of Marvel Phase 4.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    They say that the Lion holds nothing back, even when hunting rabbits. I do not know if Rabbits and Lions actually interact, but that is besides the point.

Besides, I don't *try* to kill the people I train with.

I simply miscalculate my own immense power, coupled with overestimating the limits of my partner. They die because of human error.

It's unfortunate, but it happens.

...With that said, I like to think that even these failures are honoring them.

Think about it. A desperate battle where they are forced to hold nothing back, to evolve as warriors or perish...I am helping to forge the blade of their being with every blow. They shall be made into true blades, or be shattered.

By having a contest where they feel 'safe' or 'not in mortal peril' am I not robbing them of the chance to reach the Apex manifestation of their potential? Who am I to deny them such a thing?

And who are they to deny me? Each being that falls to my fist teaches me yet another lesson. About the strength of Miburo and about the frailty of man.

It's a honor for both myself, and for my dearly departed training partner.

Of course, you made mention of teacher...So that is a tad different.

I mean, the one who is Miburo Hunter, becomes Miburo Hunter once the one who came before him perishes, relinquishes the title, or is defeated in glorious combat. Of course, no Miburo surrenders his title to his student directly (outside of very specific instances, don't ask why I am Miburo and not Miburo Hunter)so death is a consequence.

This glorious cycle must be upheld (usually) and is not far from teacher/student relationship. When one has reached the summit of knowledge as a student, how else can on see how one measure's up to their master? And how can they be certain they have produced a student who can both carry on, and exceed their legacy? A simple training exercise will not do.

One must come to rend body and soul apart, and to be torn asunder in turn. This is how both master and student are satisfied.

But, usually those days are many many moons away....And I'm a crappy student, so I don't care if my masters are happy, so this doesn't happen that often.

...Yet.
    Speak his name and he appears!

With loads of background information this time.

*scribbles notes*

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    This is 100% accurate. You never know what an amateur will do next. It'll keep ya on your toes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    But what’s most important is that the sword has good balance.

And preferably rings and things through it to add to the pain.
    Seriously, you guys are just desperate for the Gundam, aren't you?

^_^

Speculation is that Waititi's decision to cast primarily with little known/unknown East Asian teenage actors butted heads with the studio who wanted to pursue an big name cast and now the project has been shelved...
    So the white-washing/race-bending thing again, eh?

New chapter of Bleach was good fun. Solid premise, bit of an expansion to the setup of the world. We now know where Soul Reapers and Hollow go when they die (as they are already technically dead).

Ichigo looks like he has a receding hairline which I find very amusing.
    There's a new chapter of Bleach? O_O Weird. Might have a look.

...any Shunsui?
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-07-2021 at 08:31 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There's a new chapter of Bleach? O_O Weird. Might have a look.

...any Shunsui?
    He turns up and he says some stuff.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

He turns up and he says some stuff.
    Worth checking, then, even if that's it. ^_^ Thanks.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate