The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    The Eternals do have some nice effects
    No question. LOOKS good.

Buuuut...I'm getting really worn out on the whole 'sit through 2 hours of a movie that just looks good.' I still haven't even bothered to watch Black Widow. Probably will not.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    No question. LOOKS good.

Buuuut...I'm getting really worn out on the whole 'sit through 2 hours of a movie that just looks good.' I still haven't even bothered to watch Black Widow. Probably will not.
    For me black widow was like two movies vying to be one. Some cool ideas that were ill-served by other ones.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    For me black widow was like two movies vying to be one. Some cool ideas that were ill-served by other ones.
    ...oddly enough, this makes me vaguely interested in watching it. ^_^ Curiosity is a hell of a cure for apathy.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Kind of makes me wonder why Bruce never did stuff on this level (he does 'philanthropic' work, but not like this).

I mean, meta reason being that they can't have him actually 'fixing' Gotham, but in character I guess the reason is he was always more interested in punching crime in the face.
    I'm sure if you looked at it from a strictly canonical perspective, cataloging all the various references to his charities, Bruce probably does donate an obscene amount of money to charity.

It just hasn't been emphasized as much as Nightwing's current efforts because in prior decades, the systemic nature of the forces keeping people in poverty were less acknowledged. In those days, saying a rich guy donates a lot to charity was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    They’re definitely more humanised (although outside of Ajak and Gilgamesh/Forgotten One, that’s probably fine), and my only other slight concern is too many gender shifts for balance purposes.

One is fine. Two is stretching it. Three? Getting towards too many.

Ajak, Makkari and Sprite are all becoming female characters.

Although I guess Sprite was slightly androgynous to begin with).

But it’s definitely intriguing.
    IIRC, Sprite is also female in the current eternals run

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I like this a lot less. I mean, Monkey Steals the Peach/Peaches/Grapes/Walnuts/name something, it's probably the name of a similar technique to this SOMEWHERE is a 'classic Kung Fu' kind of thing, but the whole drop to the ground on one knee and 'Impact will lift your opponent off the ground'...ugh. Then it goes on to mention 'chi kung' which I just know is going to lead to spectacular BS on the second half of the sentence. ^_^

Thanks for that, Post - got a good chuckle out of it.
    Yet another non-believer exposes his ignorance, smh my head . Only those well-versed in martial arts can utilize chi kung fu. Some are so powerful, that they can defeat a gang of men without even touching them. I've seen videos of chi masters sending men flying without even the slightest touch. Chi can let you block bullets with your mind and, yes, even push a person's nosebone into their brain.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Sonny Chiba has passed

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...iftigniter-rhr

This is very funny to think about
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

new episode of the What If series felt a bit... mary sueish fanfictiony to be honest, fortunately the next episode is supposed to be a big jump in quality according to Double Toasted's review. Also it was really bittersweet knowing it was Boseman's final performance as T'Challa. Also cool they actually got as many names as they did(like Rucker, Gillian, Russel, Del Toro, and Brolin) to reprise their roles as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    new episode of the What If series felt a bit... mary sueish fanfictiony to be honest, fortunately the next episode is supposed to be a big jump in quality according to Double Toasted's review. Also it was really bittersweet knowing it was Boseman's final performance as T'Challa. Also cool they actually got as many names as they did(like Rucker, Gillian, Russel, Del Toro, and Brolin) to reprise their roles as well
    So basically like Reginald Hudlin's run on Black Panther?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Yet somehow, still better written than some of DC's recent comics.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

And this was Fan Made.

What's the CW's Excuse?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Cannot unsee this now.