The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Can't believe they had Rumbles Scenario Thread makers in charge of US nuclear response policy in the 1960s
    It does sound like a Rumbles scenario thread. Which is where such ideas should stay.

That this got as far as it did? Ugh.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Hey, Gen X wasn't that bad. I suppose there's something ironic to be said that the - admittedly stereotypical - aesthetic of rebellion becoming a saleable commodity, but the foundations of today's big tech wouldn't exist without the Internet. As much as folks can't help but take advantage of the structures open to them, new ones are made year by year, and on and on it goes.
    Gen X is *wiggles hand*. Support for the system, ignoring climate change, etc.

I dunno, we've had our alternative third party for years, and a solid chunk of our provinces likely won't vote for Jagmeet Singh simply because he's a practicing Sikh that wears a turban. Moreover, the Trudeau glamour is strangely resonant; Many of the Pandemic measures passed were rolled out, implementing many of the NDP's ideas he's taking sole credit for and trying to consolidate into a majority with this election.

But yeah, the status quo is very tiresome. I still remember how he mobilized the youth vote to his first majority, promising 2015 would be "the last First-Past-The-Post" federal election, then dialed it back profusely, saying he specifically wanted ranked ballots while other proponents wanted a mixed-member proportional system.

Still waiting for that while he jogs off about the pipeline being the greenest solution we have at the moment, lol
    Agreed about the jerks who won't vote Jagmeet 'because turban', ugh.

Liberals have promised the moon with regards to social programs and never really delivered (they actually end up voting AGAINST the stuff they promised, like Pharmacare...they've promised that one three times). And you're right - the stuff they take credit for in the pandemic was mostly put forward by the NDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Sorry to drag the point, but I think Gen X is kinda split between how close they are to the other generations. "Lost Generation" indeed. They're lumped in with either Boomers or Millennials, despite ostensibly being a separate group. I know my end of Gen X was basically where society really started feeling the weight of the economic situation shifting. At the time, Gen X was the "lazy lay abouts who didn't want to work", and there was a nihilistic bitterness to it all, like, "haha, the world sucks, we don't have a grand purpose like the previous generations had, so let's rip our jeans and thrash our hair to loud music, but anyway, our folks tell us we still gotta go into debt to get that college degree, because nobody outside of car manufacturers has even heard of automation yet."

At least it seems like Millennials and Gen Z are more tuned into the actual problems. Gen X got thrown blinkering into a system at the beginning of its slide down, and Boomers didn't yet believe anything could go wrong, so what did Gen X even know? We weren't in a position to. Now we're on the slide, and it's very clear that things flat out don't work like they used to, and finally people are taking notice. Actually doing anything about it? Eh. Remains to be seen. But we're not just bumbling in the dark anymore, so that's something.
    Truth.

My main issue with Gen X (my generation, yep) is that we have lived with our issues and been part of the denial. No, not all of us - no group is monolithic - but (to take an example) we've been hearing about Climate Change all of our lives and...meh. Yeah. life wasn't as good for the later Gen X (I'm one of the early ones, and flat-out will state 'one of the lucky ones' - my wife and I managed to get our apartment JUST before the housing prices soared, as an example), but whooo...comparing with Millennials and Gen Z.

I think we could have done more, is all. And could BE doing more.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Sharp - seen your PM. Replying here because… bleh… y’know… my mailbox is a wreck and I’d need to clear space to reply.

All I can say is… damn. Just when I think I’m out, they drag me back in. But if Carlos is putting in those less-than-inspiring rule changes he was talking about a few years ago…

Bah - who am I kidding? They had me at ‘Relaunch’.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Sharp - seen your PM. Replying here because… bleh… y’know… my mailbox is a wreck and I’d need to clear space to reply.

All I can say is… damn. Just when I think I’m out, they drag me back in. But if Carlos is putting in those less-than-inspiring rule changes he was talking about a few years ago…

Bah - who am I kidding? They had me at ‘Relaunch’.
    Based on what I'm seeing, I don't think he's going for the d10 version. I hope.

I'm pretty happy they're actually doing Dravenor as a free mini-book series; I actually USED Dravenor in my first game (the players 'visited' that realm, and managed to escape).
    Why are we here?

I uh... did they not realize that momentarily stopping something moving at ~800 miles per hour would kill everything on it?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Based on what I'm seeing, I don't think he's going for the d10 version. I hope.
    Well that’s a relief. I’m hoping he’s also not deleting classes like Acrobatic Warrior, which was mooted before.

I'm pretty happy they're actually doing Dravenor as a free mini-book series; I actually USED Dravenor in my first game (the players 'visited' that realm, and managed to escape).
    I need to read more about Dravenor. I’m thus far unfamiliar.

I’ll just be pleased to see Gaia II in English. Plus the Powers in Shadow book. And the Hell book.

Bleh. Basically all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well that’s a relief. I’m hoping he’s also not deleting classes like Acrobatic Warrior, which was mooted before.
    Apparently classes ARE getting a 'revamp and simplification'. Not sure why.

I need to read more about Dravenor. I’m thus far unfamiliar.

I’ll just be pleased to see Gaia II in English. Plus the Powers in Shadow book. And the Hell book.

Bleh. Basically all of them.
    Gaia II in English would be nice. I can read the French one fine, but I'm sure that some subtle things are lost on me, and I know of at least one critical translation error in it.

Dravenor is IN Gaia II, but getting a seriously in-depth write-up on it would be nice.
    Why are we here?

Am now on the Anima Discord server, Beadle. Lemme know if you want a link.

Maaaan, I hate chat stuff, but at least we have people like Blues, MobiusFox, ElricofMelniboné, etc.

Apparently Light is there also, but I've seen nothing from him yet, thank goodness.
    Why are we here?

Am now on the Anima Discord server, Beadle. Lemme know if you want a link.

Maaaan, I hate chat stuff, but at least we have people like Blues, MobiusFox, ElricofMelniboné, etc.
    Yeah, please ping me it. I’ve actually created a Discord account in anticipation. Which is kind of a step for me. Good to see the old crew are there.

Apparently Light is there also, but I've seen nothing from him yet, thank goodness.
    Well, most of them. *sigh*

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

They put out some new Anima stuff?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    They put out some new Anima stuff?
    Yep. New free stuff is already out, and they're....

1. Putting out the new core rules (which will make compatible changes, boo hiss);
    2. Working on new books.
    Why are we here?

Lemme know if you want links, Subby. ^_^
    Why are we here?

There's an Anima discord? Is it related to this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I uh... did they not realize that momentarily stopping something moving at ~800 miles per hour would kill everything on it?
    Well I'm going to assume quite a few people did considering the notes others made later on in there, but clearly a lot of people also were clueless
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    There's an Anima discord? Is it related to this forum
    To Rumbles? Nope. I'm the only Rumbles person on there.

...well, Beadle, soon. ^_^

It's about the rules and such, not our games.
    Why are we here?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Lemme know if you want links, Subby. ^_^
    I'm on the discord too and found a pdf uploaded today
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!