Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I was born in 1983 so I'm a Elder Millennial / Xennial.
    My brother is a Baby Boomer, my sister is Gen X. Me, I like to jokingly call myself an X-baby.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Tanya if she was partnered with a more competent (yet scummier) Kazuma.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    We're under a tornado warning until 1:15 pm CST. Nothing so far, thankfully.

That was the one, yeah. Looking forward to reading up on all the new lore, then being annoyed that I know something my character shouldn't.
    A common issue with RPG's, but Anima in particular, yeah. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    ANYWAY, speaking of Discord, is there/should the Rumbles have one yet? That's basically where I'm at online these days.
    I'm not huge on giant chat rooms, myself. I'll stick with this.

I honestly wish that the Anima RPG had stuck with a forum, as it's easier to discuss rules-based stuff as a community than in a constantly scrolling field, where if you miss an hour you miss entire conversations that might have had good information.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    A common issue with RPG's, but Anima in particular, yeah. ^_^
    Oh hell yeah.

Anima lore is:

a) Massive;
    b) As yet very much incomplete;
    c) Fragmented, and not just among the RPG books, but also Tactics books, video games…

It’s like trying to juggle smoke.

I'm not huge on giant chat rooms, myself. I'll stick with this.

I honestly wish that the Anima RPG had stuck with a forum, as it's easier to discuss rules-based stuff as a community than in a constantly scrolling field, where if you miss an hour you miss entire conversations that might have had good information.
    I’m already finding this. It’s quite stress-inducing. Given the comparatively small community, the rate of posting is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Oh hell yeah.

Anima lore is:

a) Massive;
    c) Fragmented, and not just among the RPG books, but also Tactics books, video games…

Nice metaphor. ^_^

I'm still miffed they never came out with a Phase Two Anima Tactics book, just the Phase One.

I’m already finding this. It’s quite stress-inducing. Given the comparatively small community, the rate of posting is nuts.
    Yeah, it's...I don't like it. Forum I can scroll through threads, read and answer at leisure. I miss something on Discord, it's gone forever.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm in the same boat, I do not get on with Discord or instantaneous chat apps of that type. Far too much stuff to keep track of for my tastes.

My housemate is a mod on a Discord Server with a couple of hundred members and the level of engagement he and the other mods have to maintain to police the community effectively is just exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm in the same boat, I do not get on with Discord or instantaneous chat apps of that type. Far too much stuff to keep track of for my tastes.

My housemate is a mod on a Discord Server with a couple of hundred members and the level of engagement he and the other mods have to maintain to police the community effectively is just exhausting.
    Feels that way.

I'm afraid I'm going to end up disappointing the guy who has been bugging me to join by either leaving or simply not being there much.
    Why are we here?

Oh hell yeah.

Anima lore is:

a) Massive;

Yea but I like how they made Jesus into a superweapon and then killed him to secure their power and then Super Jesus turned up and you can fight him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yea but I like how they made Jesus into a superweapon and then killed him to secure their power and then Super Jesus turned up and you can fight him.

You make it sound like he wasn't Super-Jesus to start with.

Also, you make it sound hilarious. Which, looking at it from the outside, it is, thank you Imperium.
    Why are we here?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Nice metaphor. ^_^

I'm still miffed they never came out with a Phase Two Anima Tactics book, just the Phase One.

Yeah, it's...I don't like it. Forum I can scroll through threads, read and answer at leisure. I miss something on Discord, it's gone forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

It’s the Path of the Young’ns.

It’s like Twitch / YouTube Live chat streams.

I don’t get it.

We went from TV-as-it-happens only, to recordable TV, to TV on demand, to online Video on Demand, to live-streaming video as it happens, thereby undoing decades of progress and increasing convenience, just because people have extreme FOMO and want to feel like they’re part of the show and the community but they’re not because the creators on the show aren’t reading your chat unless they have very, very few people streaming, and you’re not part of a community if everything you post gets ripped from the grasp of your visibility like a cheese sandwich being pulled from your hand as your arm sticks out of a car window at 200mph.

It’s madness.

[/rant]

You make it sound like he wasn't Super-Jesus to start with.

Also, you make it sound hilarious. Which, looking at it from the outside, it is, thank you Imperium.
    Well, if Jesus is Super Jesus, than Omega is what, Pre-Crisis SuperJesus with Karate Kid's "... I dodged" baked in?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well, if Jesus is Super Jesus, than Omega is what, Pre-Crisis SuperJesus with Karate Kid's "... I dodged" baked in?
    Omega is what happens when Pre-Crisis Super-Jesus wields Excalibur and yells “YOU FOOL!! THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!!”

Omega is what happens when Pre-Crisis Super-Jesus wields Excalibur and yells “YOU FOOL!! THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!!”
    But he's also got "I drink the spoiled milk of stars" baked in what with the Gnosis check/requirement.

Arx Inosaan

But he's also got "I drink the spoiled milk of stars" baked in what with the Gnosis check/requirement.
    And a touch of the Victor Von Doom power-jacking super-genius.

OK, so in summary, Omega is what happens when Pre-Crisis Victor Von Super-Jesus has nasty, body-horror prison-sex with Shuma Gorath, holds Excalibur aloft in one tentacle and screams “YOU FOOL!! THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!!”