Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    And a touch of the Victor Von Doom power-jacking super-genius.

OK, so in summary, Omega is what happens when Pre-Crisis Victor Von Super-Jesus has nasty, body-horror prison-sex with Shuma Gorath, holds Excalibur aloft in one tentacle and screams “YOU FOOL!! THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!!”
    *chef's kiss*
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm in the same boat, I do not get on with Discord or instantaneous chat apps of that type. Far too much stuff to keep track of for my tastes.

My housemate is a mod on a Discord Server with a couple of hundred members and the level of engagement he and the other mods have to maintain to police the community effectively is just exhausting.
    So you're saying you won't join my Discord, "The Miburo Experience and the Believers"?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    So you're saying you won't join my Discord, "The Miburo Experience and the Believers"?
    I've yet to see anything convincing that would tempt me

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    By inference ‘The Miburo Experience’ and ‘The Believers’ are two separate things.

Those who experience Miburo’s words are not ones who believe them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

By inference ‘The Miburo Experience’ and ‘The Believers’ are two separate things.

You have no earthly idea how true this is.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I've yet to see anything convincing that would tempt me

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    You have no earthly idea how true this is.
    ...I need a drink. I hate you all.

Discord is for instant engagement

And emojis. Mostly emojis maybe

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well, if Jesus is Super Jesus, than Omega is what, Pre-Crisis SuperJesus with Karate Kid's "... I dodged" baked in?
    More Super Satan. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Discord is for instant engagement

And emojis. Mostly emojis maybe

Yeah, I've been on there for a little more than one day, and already my brain is starting to shy away.

I figure I'll be in a spiral of going on, getting off, going on, getting off for about a week and then I'll likely just stop.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-01-2021 at 03:41 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...I think my work firewall just figured Discord out, because I can no longer connect.

Well, that just limited my Discord interaction to about an hour a day, if that. No problem!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

In Canada news, Trudeau continues to be of two faces with his perspective on sexual harassment (Trudeau? 100% performative? Naaaaah), and a doctor in Alberta goes on the news to say 'Our behavior re: Covid needs to change'. Thank you, Captain Obvious (edit; though I'm not criticizing him), given that Alberta basically made headlines outside of Canada as being one of the dumbest places on the planet with regards to relaxing rules over COVID too early (and literally in the middle of a wave).

I imagine all of the non-anti-vaxx/anti-mask Albertans (and yes, there are lots) are basically living in despair.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-01-2021 at 03:59 AM.
    Why are we here?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Yeah, Discord can be miss more than hit much more often. You really gotta find a sweet spot of just the right number of people who are on just enough to occasionally chat without flooding the channels and who generally get along. I've got a couple of those I'm on, but otherwise, you tend to find servers that are dead or overflowing.

I suppose the DM system is good, though, for chatting like on the old messengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Yeah, Discord can be miss more than hit much more often. You really gotta find a sweet spot of just the right number of people who are on just enough to occasionally chat without flooding the channels and who generally get along. I've got a couple of those I'm on, but otherwise, you tend to find servers that are dead or overflowing.

I suppose the DM system is good, though, for chatting like on the old messengers.
    It seems to be a poor vehicle for certain kinds of communication. I try to imagine Rumbles happening on Discord; it might be good for chatting, but for the debating part, the in-depth discussions involving multiple people, less-so. People will get left behind completely in that kind of discussion.

It's the same thing with the Anima Discord - great for social stuff, less-great for discussion interpretations of rules and so forth. On a forum, we get a specific thread with that as a title then in-depth discussion carried out - in detail - over the course of several pages (with some posts being out of necessity extremely long). On discord, it's an absolute mess, with even more off-topic stuff than actual discussion, three different discussions happening in the same screen, people needing to drop out mid-discussion due to timing (and being unable to catch up 15 hours later), etc.

I think it was a poor decision to move to a Discord, but that seems to be the way things are going (either a facebook page or a discord).
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I think it was a poor decision to move to a Discord, but that seems to be the way things are going (either a facebook page or a discord).
    If that’s the choice, I’m glad it’s the latter.

I’m not joining Facebook for anyone.

If that’s the choice, I’m glad it’s the latter.

I’m not joining Facebook for anyone.
    Yeah. Full agreement.

The Battlelords RPG has essentially moved their discussion to FB, which means I'm stuck. Granted, that's my decision, but a touch frustrating.

*shrugs* I have enough rules to work with for that game, though, and have heavily house-ruled that system already, so I'm not crushed or anything. Plus, my players are now bugging me to start up my second Anima game again. Seems to be how it goes: Anima (one of three), break, Mass Effect, break, Anima...etc.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah. Full agreement.

The Battlelords RPG has essentially moved their discussion to FB, which means I'm stuck. Granted, that's my decision, but a touch frustrating.

*shrugs* I have enough rules to work with for that game, though, and have heavily house-ruled that system already, so I'm not crushed or anything. Plus, my players are now bugging me to start up my second Anima game again. Seems to be how it goes: Anima (one of three), break, Mass Effect, break, Anima...etc.
    Note to self. Finish what you owe Sharp.