The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Note to self. Finish what you owe Sharp.
    ...erm, yeah. Because that's the game where the players are currently heading into the docks of Dafne. So having a ready-made character to throw in somewhere would be nice.

Don't forget to choose two physical stats for a +1 bonus!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...erm, yeah. Because that's the game where the players are currently heading into the docks of Dafne. So having a ready-made character to throw in somewhere would be nice.

Don't forget to choose two physical stats for a +1 bonus!
    You’ve doubtless seen but I’ve e-mailed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    You’ve doubtless seen but I’ve e-mailed you.
    I admit it's a real treat to see your name pop up in my work email Inbox. ^_^

Also, replied.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I just saw Shang Chi with my kids. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the fight scenes are fantastic. Obviously there are some superhero things that go on, but, unsurprisingly, there's a massive amount of just pure fighting and you can tell they spent a massive amount of money on training, choreography, filming and editing. After the disaster that was most of the combat in Iron Fist (where the star refused to do his fight training), this could have been garbage but it most certainly isn't.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I just saw Shang Chi with my kids. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the fight scenes are fantastic. Obviously there are some superhero things that go on, but, unsurprisingly, there's a massive amount of just pure fighting and you can tell they spent a massive amount of money on training, choreography, filming and editing. After the disaster that was most of the combat in Iron Fist (where the star refused to do his fight training), this could have been garbage but it most certainly isn't.
    Glad to hear it - might give it a try, even if it does have scenes where he hops into the air and kicks two people at once. ^_^

I'm not surprised that Simu Liu actually put effort into working on his part of things; guy seems like an all-around decent fellow. And somewhat physically talented to start with.

Didn't know the Iron Fist star had refused to do his fight training, but now the mostly painful fight sequences make much more sense. Including why Colleen's fight sequences looked so much better - wasn't the choreographer or trainers, was the actor himself.

Didn't...particularly LIKE Colleen's character, but her fight scenes - the cage fights, the duel against the woman with the Jian - were decent.
    Why are we here?

Glad to hear it - might give it a try, even if it does have scenes where he hops into the air and kicks two people at once. ^_^

I'm not surprised that Simu Liu actually put effort into working on his part of things; guy seems like an all-around decent fellow. And somewhat physically talented to start with.

Didn't know the Iron Fist star had refused to do his fight training, but now the mostly painful fight sequences make much more sense. Including why Colleen's fight sequences looked so much better - wasn't the choreographer or trainers, was the actor himself.

Didn't...particularly LIKE Colleen's character, but her fight scenes - the cage fights, the duel against the woman with the Jian - were decent.
    I think I recall the actor mentioned he was working long days so he wasn't up to it after that.

However, I will still have a good chuckle at fight scenes like this

I don't know what the book did to that man, but he was sure angry at it
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

It seems to be a poor vehicle for certain kinds of communication. I try to imagine Rumbles happening on Discord; it might be good for chatting, but for the debating part, the in-depth discussions involving multiple people, less-so. People will get left behind completely in that kind of discussion.

It's the same thing with the Anima Discord - great for social stuff, less-great for discussion interpretations of rules and so forth. On a forum, we get a specific thread with that as a title then in-depth discussion carried out - in detail - over the course of several pages (with some posts being out of necessity extremely long). On discord, it's an absolute mess, with even more off-topic stuff than actual discussion, three different discussions happening in the same screen, people needing to drop out mid-discussion due to timing (and being unable to catch up 15 hours later), etc.

I think it was a poor decision to move to a Discord, but that seems to be the way things are going (either a facebook page or a discord).
    I suppose a Downtown Khazan server would be nice, but yeah, Discord wouldn't be great for Rumble Threads. :V

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Obviously there are some silly superhero movie fight things, but for the most part they avoid too much of it. People using weapons actually use the weapons. People defending, especially the leads, actually defend. The visual effects and choreography are non-Netflix MCU quality - meaning generally really good. There are some cuts and such, but nothing like a Taken film or anything. The powers are mostly satisfying - the ring stuff is really well done and feels... menacing and dangerous. That's just my take on it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I think I recall the actor mentioned he was working long days so he wasn't up to it after that.

However, I will still have a good chuckle at fight scenes like this

I don't know what the book did to that man, but he was sure angry at it
    speaking of which

Its' raining like crazy here where I am, and there are alerts fro flooding and tornadoes. I know I'll be okay, as long as the power doesn't go out (even if it does, I've been through that enough times).

As for the rest of the area, I don't know how bad it might actually get.

I just checked online and the news says that the Philly area and South-west Jersey got hit hard.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-01-2021 at 06:01 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Its' raining like crazy here where I am, and there are alerts fro flooding and tornadoes. I know I'll be okay, as long as the power doesn't go out (even if it does, I've been through that enough times).

As for the rest of the area, I don't know how bad it might actually get.

I just checked online and the news says that the Philly area and South-west Jersey got hit hard.
    Yeah I've never seen a tornado warning here before. Scary stuff, and its only getting worse with climate change.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7T4M0N6zx4

It's not Megaman, but it's good enough for me.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

So it's a card and character based strategy game huh. Some interesting choices here.