The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    The remake is being handled by a sort of new developer, called Aspyr. I say sort of new because they've only really done ports of various games before, I believe.
    Well, that's amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The news from Dragonage 4 was promising in that it looks like Anthem's abysmal failure finally got through to EA/Bioware to course correct away from the live service nonsense

I just hope they finally correct the mistake from the original in not including a full robes/mask outfit you can wear as a player
    I hope they get away from 'Vast, open world full of incredibly boring fetch quests' (aka Dragon Age 3 and ME:A) and get back to the tight, streamlined storytelling they managed in ME 1-3 and DA 1+2.

DA Origins: Awakenings is still my favorite of the games.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Everything I know about dragon age after the first is secondhand through osmosis so at least I cannot be disappointed in the 4th when it comes out

Interested in the new kotor though even though I probably shouldn’t be
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

As one of the possibly 5 people that enjoyed the Matrix sequels I'm a bit on the fence about this one, mainly because I felt that the story ended well enough.

But there are a few scenes in the trailer that look pretty dope. I'll pretty definitely see it.
    The first movie killed it for me when the so-called savior of humanity decided to save his friend (who had consciously sacrificed himself) by murdering a host of innocent humans, rather than finding a more clever way to deal with the problem. Didn't bother watching two and three.

Much as I like K. Reeves, I think I'll be skipping this one as well.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Everything I know about dragon age after the first is secondhand through osmosis so at least I cannot be disappointed in the 4th when it comes out

Interested in the new kotor though even though I probably shouldn’t be
    Two was amusing with some interesting themes.

Three had possibly the best gameplay, but the fetch-quests were everywhere. And the game itself, once you finished the opening story, had all of the depth of an MMORPG.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    That's Tony Todd as Venom

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Three had possibly the best gameplay, but the fetch-quests were everywhere. And the game itself, once you finished the opening story, had all of the depth of an MMORPG.
    I have a weird relation to Dragon Age in that I'm not sure how I feel about it really. I think I played the first when I was losing interest in RPGs as a genre but I also really wanted what they could give me. So even though I played a ton of DA I think I overall was bored of it in some ways due to wanting even more choice/negatively comparing it to games I remember liking more at the time like Neverwinter Nights and such. It didn't help that I was absolute trash at combat at that time; I think at one point when you fight the werewolves in the forest I had my whole party with at least 3 injuries each from dying and essentially won through trial and error For some reason I didn't feel this way about Mass Effect at the time though.

So I didn't end up playing the sequels because of that but heard a lot of details through my tumblr dashboard.

I wonder if I would feel differently playing DA now.
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That's Tony Todd as Venom
    *Looks it up* Holy crap, it is. Welp, Pete and Miles are doomed. Venom's going to slit them from groin to gullet.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Gonna correct you slightly.

Most MMOs.

FFXIV is an MMO with the story depth of a great RPG.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Most MMOs.

Second that sentiment.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

-Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

With how jaded I sometimes feel I'm always delightfully surprised when a trailer actually gets me hyped like this one does.

Seems like they're giving Kraven a big push, which is a nice surprise, while also delivering on the Venom hints from the previous game. Though if it'll be Harry or Eddie underneath the symbiote remains to be seen.

And I like the hints about how different Peter and Miles will play with Peter using more gadgets while Miles focuses on his additional powers. It'll be interesting to see how that all balances out.

I'm excited.

Extraordinary Member

Dad of Boy 2 is looking mighty good. I'm so glad that Mimir is still around to provide oddles of witty snark.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    With how jaded I sometimes feel I'm always delightfully surprised when a trailer actually gets me hyped like this one does.

Seems like they're giving Kraven a big push, which is a nice surprise, while also delivering on the Venom hints from the previous game. Though if it'll be Harry or Eddie underneath the symbiote remains to be seen.

And I like the hints about how different Peter and Miles will play with Peter using more gadgets while Miles focuses on his additional powers. It'll be interesting to see how that all balances out.

I'm excited.
    It also seems to be hinting that Venom may be playable, since the context of the dialogue indicates that Kraven will be hunting him along with the other Spider-Men.

Extraordinary Member

It also seems to be hinting that Venom may be playable, since the context of the dialogue indicates that Kraven will be hunting him along with the other Spider-Men.
    That is true, which could be a lot of fun.

It would be a really ambitious game if they're going for three playable characters.

I just hope that they don't do another symbiote invasion thing. That's a trope situation that's weirdly overplayed I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I have a weird relation to Dragon Age in that I'm not sure how I feel about it really. I think I played the first when I was losing interest in RPGs as a genre but I also really wanted what they could give me. So even though I played a ton of DA I think I overall was bored of it in some ways due to wanting even more choice/negatively comparing it to games I remember liking more at the time like Neverwinter Nights and such. It didn't help that I was absolute trash at combat at that time; I think at one point when you fight the werewolves in the forest I had my whole party with at least 3 injuries each from dying and essentially won through trial and error For some reason I didn't feel this way about Mass Effect at the time though.

So I didn't end up playing the sequels because of that but heard a lot of details through my tumblr dashboard.

I wonder if I would feel differently playing DA now.
    Interesting. So you lost interest in DA: Origins? I think I enjoyed all of the DA stuff right up to the point where, in Dragon Age III, I entered the second 'area' of the more open world and realized it was basically reskinned area one. And that I had a ton more of these to slog through, all full of fetch-quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Most MMOs.

Will totally take your word for it; FF does have a wee bit of a rep for good stories.
    Why are we here?