Page 1642 of 1710 FirstFirst ... 642114215421592163216381639164016411642164316441645164616521692 ... LastLast
Results 24,616 to 24,630 of 25638
  1. #24616
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,051

    Default


  2. #24617
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,051

    Default


  3. #24618
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,082

    Default

    Man has a kilo of nails, bolts, knives etc. removed from his stomach.
    So… umm… yep.

    I mean it’s good to have some iron in your diet, but…
    Last edited by Beadle; 10-02-2021 at 02:15 AM.

  4. #24619
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    9,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well, not so much. He was working on the basis that although they clearly had the raw power to fix everything, his working assumption is that C’iel and Gaira, as supposedly beings from outside of Gaia’s reality (or creations of someone from outside Gaia’s reality) wouldn’t actually understand HOW to fix that reality - they wouldn’t really understand that reality’s rules.

    So although C’iel and Gaira were involved (once they’d finished stifling a laugh at yet another Imperium problem), most of the detailed crap was done by the PitS (which Imperium are in every sense).

    Of course, there was lots of Imperium mocking as well (even for the mistakes of the other PitS, who were kind of set up by Imperium founders who wanted to go off and do their own randomly stupidly super-secret projects, so they’re kind of Imperium overspill cock-ups).
    Cool.

    What's also amusing about the whole thing is that Imperium basically sat on its hands during the War of God while Rah used the Technology they gave Solomon to create the big bang at the end when he got honked off.

    Individuals in Imperium are pretty darned impressive, I have zero issues with THAT. ^_^ Organization-wise, *wiggles hand*

    I should get back to the discord, but I'm kinda burned on that. Still, appears I'm missing some good information.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  5. #24620
    JUST DO IT?!?! Postmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Man has a kilo of nails, bolts, knives etc. removed from his stomach.
    So… umm… yep.

    I mean it’s good to have some iron in your diet, but…
    Magneto would be pleased
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

  6. #24621
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Cool.

    What's also amusing about the whole thing is that Imperium basically sat on its hands during the War of God while Rah used the Technology they gave Solomon to create the big bang at the end when he got honked off.

    Individuals in Imperium are pretty darned impressive, I have zero issues with THAT. ^_^ Organization-wise, *wiggles hand*

    I should get back to the discord, but I'm kinda burned on that. Still, appears I'm missing some good information.
    Have to admit, I’m learning a lot. Plus the Dravenor stuff is gradually being released, so that’s good.

    (Also, I love the exponential accumulation of cock-up that Imperium creates.

    “Oh no! The Noth are an absolute nightmare caused by our cock-up! Let’s create a new, super-risky experiment to help fight them!”
    “Oh no! Bringreus is now also super-dangerous and hasn’t helped us against the Noth. And they’re still coming, but faster now because we’ve used more Anima in our magitech and that’s what’s attracting the Noth to Gaia. We need to come up with an even riskier piece of magitech to fight both the Noth and Bringreus now.”
    “Oh no! Our newest experiment has…”

    And so on ad infinitum. Or ad incompetentium.)
    Last edited by Beadle; 10-02-2021 at 04:52 AM.

  7. #24622
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    9,509

    Default

    Hilarious.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  8. #24623
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    5,064

    Default

    So, Bill Maher has given up the facade of being a "fair and practical liberal" (and a man of common sense) by telling people that they shouldn't knock Ivermectin as an effective substitute for vaccination against Covid.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  9. #24624
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,082

    Default

    Without ever watching the series itself, I’ve just seen an in-depth analysis of the weirdass mess that is Riverdale.

    OH. MY. GOD.

  10. #24625
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Without ever watching the series itself, I’ve just seen an in-depth analysis of the weirdass mess that is Riverdale.

    OH. MY. GOD.
    Riverdale fucking rules.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  11. #24626
    JUST DO IT?!?! Postmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,699

    Default

    Some day I will watch Riverdale. There's a whole podcast from some of my favorite podcast creators on it going thru each episode so that'll be fun.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

  12. #24627
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, Bill Maher has given up the facade of being a "fair and practical liberal" (and a man of common sense) by telling people that they shouldn't knock Ivermectin as an effective substitute for vaccination against Covid.
    What exactly is Bill Maher? Not sure that he knows himself.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-02-2021 at 12:45 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  13. #24628
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Without ever watching the series itself, I’ve just seen an in-depth analysis of the weirdass mess that is Riverdale.

    OH. MY. GOD.
    You mean this one?



    Based on this video Riverdale seems to be a continuous car crash of a story written by throwing darts at wall with various notes with random words written one them. It's probably endlessly fun if you're into that sort of thing, but I think I find more enjoyment hearing people talk about and summarise the insanity of the show than actually watching the show.

  14. #24629
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    You mean this one?



    Based on this video Riverdale seems to be a continuous car crash of a story written by throwing darts at wall with various notes with random words written one them. It's probably endlessly fun if you're into that sort of thing, but I think I find more enjoyment hearing people talk about and summarise the insanity of the show than actually watching the show.
    That’s the one, yeah. I was so fascinated by the ludicrousness of the whole thing that I sat through 44 minutes of analysis on a show I’ve never watched or had any interest in watching.

    By the time he gets to Season 4 Episode 3, and the culmination of madness in Season 5, I was just sitting in the corner rocking back and forth.

  15. #24630

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •