Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

When work is so short on staff, the higher ups literally send people from other stores to go work a few weeks at my location just to bolster at least the minimum amount of workers. Third switch this week and it's straight up one of my old managers who transferred years ago.

God damn, I didn't think we're that badly needed of new hires...

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

What If ended solidly.

spoilers:
    That team/The Watcher/The Multiverse is so lucky they had Dr Strange Superior there to hard carry their efforts in that fight lol no chance if they didn't have him. I appreciated that the episode basically held true to that
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Postmania; 10-06-2021 at 02:11 AM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    When work is so short on staff, the higher ups literally send people from other stores to go work a few weeks at my location just to bolster at least the minimum amount of workers. Third switch this week and it's straight up one of my old managers who transferred years ago.

I'm going to make a guess that next year, if all goes well in DC, more people will be able and willing to go looking for work. The upcoming holiday season this year is likely going to be very interesting in the retail business. Will there be even more shoppers than workers? How crazy can it get?

Either way, good luck.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So the composer of Dragon Quest series has passed away back in September

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/10/drag...dies-at-age-90
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Watched the Seven Deadly Sins: Cursed by Light movie on Netflix the other day.

It's alright.

It has some cute character moments, neat action scenes, ties up a few lingering issues from the main series and Ban gets the coolest scene in the movie (IMO).

I think it did itself disservice by spoilers:
    having it's initial antagonists just be distractions before the Supreme Deity reveals herself as the true big bad about two thirds into the movie. Would've been more interesting to have her attack with angelic hordes (or just a few new archangels at her side from the get go). But at least they deal with her by the end of the film.
    end of spoilers

So yeah, not really a grand closure to the series, but decently fun in its own right.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm going to make a guess that next year, if all goes well in DC, more people will be able and willing to go looking for work. The upcoming holiday season this year is likely going to be very interesting in the retail business. Will there be even more shoppers than workers? How crazy can it get?

Either way, good luck.
    Thanks and....I am not looking forward to that haha...

Some might not know this but Koichi Sugiyama was the composer for Cyborg 009.
    My Forum check it out

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

My Forum check it out

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

It's gotten bad. My store's not at the "juggling workers between us" stage yet, but it's getting to a point the company may as well just have the store open at reduced business hours, just so we can get a full staff to do one shift a day.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Going through some old Peter David Captain Marvel.

Genis is an interesting lead filled with many introspective and existential questions...but what keeps me going are how the gags and banter are on point.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Going through some old Peter David Captain Marvel.

Genis is an interesting lead filled with many introspective and existential questions...but what keeps me going are how the gags and banter are on point.

That was a great run. And the arc when his cosmic awareness lead to him going batshit cosmic god-mode for a while was a whole lotta fun.