Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Yeah, last I remember they were leaning into that, huh. Honestly, his multiple origins keep him interesting, for me at least. However, I think nothing will top "Gangster falls into chemicals and becomes a clown somehow." Vaguely Pennywise-esque Joker's a good second best though lol.
    Hell, the Arkhamverse series leaned in that direction with Arkham Knight since Joker's infected blood apparently leads to you being haunted by his ghost and him gradually possessing you.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Hell, the Arkhamverse series leaned in that direction with Arkham Knight since Joker's infected blood apparently leads to you being haunted by his ghost and him gradually possessing you.
    I mean in fairness, Gotham City is also host to some nameless horrors from the stars.

Ghosts in your blood is hardly as worrisome.

EDIT: ... this is far larger than I remember it being why tho
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    The overall effect, though, is just feeling like most of this content is just a slush pile of surface level listings of what, to anyone comfortably familiar with media or pop culture, would probably just say, "Yeah, no ****" to.
    The video that sparked this conversation is a bit more shallow than her normal videos in that series, Since she usually doesn't declare a trope outright bad.

A more insightful example of her Trope Talks would be this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean in fairness, Gotham City is also host to some nameless horrors from the stars.
    Yeah Gotham is, in general, screwed.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The video that sparked this conversation is a bit more shallow than her normal videos in that series, Since she usually doesn't declare a trope outright bad.
    I find the topic addressed just tends to get people's hackles up, whatever opinion one has about it. It's one of the more visceral pop culture contentions, even when someone's trying to be level headed about it.

A more insightful example of her Trope Talks would be this
    I've seen a couple of her vids way back when. She seemed alright, it just wasn't content I was that interested in regularly following. "Tropes" aren't something I tend to think overmuch on. But if she does thorough break downs of them and it gets the views, nothing wrong with that, really. Again, I'd assume it's more for people who are learning about this stuff for the first time, or who just love discussing the topic (tropes in this case), and maybe they just don't have anyone else to talk to about it, so listening to YouTube vids is the next best thing.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I like the combo of apology into subsequent doubling down your aggressive position.

Very British Beads haha!
    The Canadian version substitutes passive-aggressive for aggressive, but is otherwise the same. Unsurprisingly. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Fire Force wins best chapter.

Sometimes squash matches are good.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Didn't even know Season One had come out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Didn't even know Season One had come out yet.
    I didn't even know there was a season one, til now.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!

Extraordinary Member

Star Wars: Visions was a fun, breezy experience.

Lots of fun ideas and nice animations.