The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I'd love to hear your thoughts with hindsight. Maybe I should try to scrounge up my memories of the (intended) plot, to let you all know how silly it was.
    Well, we didn't get terribly far in the whole story, I suspect - PBP being what it was - but I found it to be....

1. Very enjoyable, with opportunities for character exploration on top of the actual storyline;
    2. Very Gaia, or at least how I picture Gaia.

I can get to specifics, but that will take further consideration.

Also sorry to hear pastebin is blocked at your workplace - i thought posting it there would be less annoying for people than posting a giant list on the forum.
    My work currently blocks pretty much everywhere, including Rpol, Spacebattles.... This is almost the only website I have left.

Can't...really BLAME them, but still. Irksome.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-01-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Saw My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission at the cinema the other day with a couple of friends.

In terms of just enjoyment and how happy watching it made me, it might be favourite movie of the year.

It has some phenomenal action scenes and world threatening stakes mixed with a nice down to earth story about personal growth. Rody Soul is one of the better written and most well utilised movie exclusive characters to a film based on a Shounen Jump property.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I'd love to hear your thoughts with hindsight. Maybe I should try to scrounge up my memories of the (intended) plot, to let you all know how silly it was.

Also sorry to hear pastebin is blocked at your workplace - i thought posting it there would be less annoying for people than posting a giant list on the forum.
    Sharp’s right that we didn’t get very far, but it was nevertheless fantastic fun and a great introduction to Gaia and Anima

I’d definitely be interested in finding out where everything was heading.

I’m also really interested in what the players’ head-canons (don’t!) are for what happened to their characters after the events of the campaign.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

I’m also really interested in what the players’ head-canons (don’t!) are for what happened to their characters after the events of the campaign.
    I refer you to this piece I did when the topic last came up.

Corim will be eventually blinded, carrying around books that he can no longer properly read but will have a beard and bigger hair.

(As noted at the time, I'm aware Tasha's skin colour is wrong)

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sharp’s right that we didn’t get very far, but it was nevertheless fantastic fun and a great introduction to Gaia and Anima

Ardy eventually moves away from Togarini and lives in peace as a blacksmith somewhere else.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Looks like something I have no desire to see. Whether the CGI movies made in-house at Capcom or back in the Anderson and Jovovich days - brrr....- making Resident Evil, a series of highly cinematic games, into movies always seemed rather redundant to me.

Hannah John-Kamen looks like she'll be alright for Jill though. If she had the beret and those obnoxious shoulder pads, it'd be all the better, but I suppose no adaptation will be 100% faithful.

Hmm... Kiyren disappears back into the woods and eventually goes missing in Moth.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I have no real recollection of where my second character was going, or indeed what her name was at this point (Jen?). Something with her coming to terms with her past I believe; I had a neat backstory which I would probably reuse if I was writing that character again (in an RPG or not).

As for Preston, I assume he is going into the stomach of some carrion
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Don't hold back on Solomon's ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I refer you to this piece I did when the topic last came up.

Corim will be eventually blinded, carrying around books that he can no longer properly read but will have a beard and bigger hair.

(As noted at the time, I'm aware Tasha's skin colour is wrong)
    Regardless, love the picture. ^_^ Corim is a big lad, and the blindness makes for a nice touch. Lots of pathos in the books, I feel. Maybe Tasha (sloooowly) reads them to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ardy eventually moves away from Togarini and lives in peace as a blacksmith somewhere else.
    Possibly with Solomon?

Either way, that's a happy ending. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hmm... Kiyren disappears back into the woods and eventually goes missing in Moth.
    O_o Unhappy ending with Kiyren going on the ultimate exploration: a spectral city ruled by the most powerful of the Lords of Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I have no real recollection of where my second character was going, or indeed what her name was at this point (Jen?). Something with her coming to terms with her past I believe; I had a neat backstory which I would probably reuse if I was writing that character again (in an RPG or not).

As for Preston, I assume he is going into the stomach of some carrion
    Jen it was, and she was a fun character. So was Preston, really. ^_^ Was hoping to see more of both of them.

Tasha does exactly what she told Avelyn she would: much older, in slightly better control of herself (but still cursed), she returns to Dafne to save her parents (possibly with Corim? Given the picture, which makes sense to me). Unbeknownst to Tasha, her 'second' parents have already been exiled, long ago (actual tabletop canon has them living in Elcia, on Eurakia). The Dafne soldiery wouldn't be in a talking mood, mind, and neither would Tasha (who wouldn't be going back until she fully mastered her style of fighting, so...extremely high level). As Avy suspected, a lot of people die before Tasha works out that her parents aren't on the island anymore.

I actually wrote a short, couple of pages long vignette about this - just her arrival, none of the fighting or anything (and yes, I had pictured Corim there, though hadn't had him blinded at the time).
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-02-2021 at 05:15 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Regardless, love the picture. ^_^ Corim is a big lad, and the blindness makes for a nice touch. Lots of pathos in the books, I feel. Maybe Tasha (sloooowly) reads them to him.
    That's the sort of character beats I figured would be in play. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    That's the sort of character beats I figured would be in play. ^_^
    Funny relationship, theirs. ^_^ Fun to picture them sitting around a fire in the middle of nowhere, Tasha struggling over some of the words and Corim guessing what they might be and giving her assistance in reading to him. Both of them looking like a couple of hermits (Corim a rather buff one, mind) who have spent so much time in the wilderness they've cracked.
    Why are we here?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    O_o Unhappy ending with Kiyren going on the ultimate exploration: a spectral city ruled by the most powerful of the Lords of Nightmare.
    Yep. Gamer in me wants to say she'd get strong enough to fight him but... lol I don't think that's how it works in Anima.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan