Edens Zero: So, Ziggy officially has the highest body-count of all of Mashima's past villains; Frieza would be proud. And this chapter...Jesus, I'm actually crying.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yep. Gamer in me wants to say she'd get strong enough to fight him but... lol I don't think that's how it works in Anima.
    Nothing is impossible, especially in Anima!

That said, I actually have (official) stats for the Prince of Crows. Unless you hit level 17 or (preferably) 18, which is easily getting into 'Imperium Patriarch' range, forget having the stuff to do anything but 'give him a fight' if you take him on in Graven. Dude is bad enough outside of his city, but inside it...bleah.

Would be better to go with 'get powerful enough to escape his notice and sneak around the city, finding stuff out.'
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I'd love to hear your thoughts with hindsight. Maybe I should try to scrounge up my memories of the (intended) plot, to let you all know how silly it was.
    I mostly want to know what Casus's whole deal was. Aside from being blessed by the dice into a force of awesomeness beyond our comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’m also really interested in what the players’ head-canons (don’t!) are for what happened to their characters after the events of the campaign.
    Taran chimerizes and starts raising Catgirl beings to help him with his Chocobo Post ideas. Anima being what it is, I'm giving him a 50/50 on getting strong enough to keep the Inquisition out of his business without pissing off anyone MORE powerful.

Although I liked the idea of him getting his mitts on a Node and building a Sanctum there where he can access Divine Magic and make his own Zone of Reality, that one seems way to risky and high-level play to be a reasonable extension of where he was going.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Taran chimerizes and starts raising Catgirl beings to help him with his Chocobo Post ideas. Anima being what it is, I'm giving him a 50/50 on getting strong enough to keep the Inquisition out of his business without pissing off anyone MORE powerful.
    Bonus - Eurakia (known as the New Continent everywhere else) has chocobo equivalents, so that makes it even easier for him. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Nothing is impossible, especially in Anima!

That said, I actually have (official) stats for the Prince of Crows. Unless you hit level 17 or (preferably) 18, which is easily getting into 'Imperium Patriarch' range, forget having the stuff to do anything but 'give him a fight' if you take him on in Graven. Dude is bad enough outside of his city, but inside it...bleah.

Would be better to go with 'get powerful enough to escape his notice and sneak around the city, finding stuff out.'
    See that's what she'd want to do.

Kiyren's working model was basically "what if extremely curious warlock, but in Anima... where curiosity is generally terrible". Had other things tacked onto it surely but I think the best way to sum up how she'd have been in Siriel's game is:

Tasha: *rampages and wastes an army*
    Kiyren: Neat. I'm gonna ask a bunch of questions now.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

See that's what she'd want to do.

Kiyren's working model was basically "what if extremely curious warlock, but in Anima... where curiosity is generally terrible". Had other things tacked onto it surely but I think the best way to sum up how she'd have been in Siriel's game is:

Tasha: *rampages and wastes an army*
    Kiyren: Neat. I'm gonna ask a bunch of questions now.
    That's what I figured. And it's a great character base idea. ^_^ And yes, in Anima it's certainly enough to get you in trouble of the fun sort. PC life is boring without getting into trouble.
    Why are we here?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

That's what I figured. And it's a great character base idea. ^_^ And yes, in Anima it's certainly enough to get you in trouble of the fun sort. PC life is boring without getting into trouble.
    Though that's the thing about Anima. Trouble is an exercise in how liberal a GM wants to be in keeping the party alive. It's almost harder to justify considering how rapidly everything scales lol.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Though that's the thing about Anima. Trouble is an exercise in how liberal a GM wants to be in keeping the party alive. It's almost harder to justify considering how rapidly everything scales lol.
    Yeah, but the big guys don't tend to notice or care about the little ones. So unless players decide 'I'm going to go assassinate Eli!'* there's not so much chance of them getting in trouble with Kisidan, for example. ^_^

But I see your point.

* if they do, it's kind of 'you brought this on yourselves' time.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Edens Zero: So, Ziggy officially has the highest body-count of all of Mashima's past villains; Frieza would be proud. And this chapter...Jesus, I'm actually crying.
    How many planets and their populations has Ziggy wiped out, either directly or by his order.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    How many planets and their populations has Ziggy wiped out, either directly or by his order.
    Well, he just recently wiped out around 20,000 planets with anti-matter bombs that he stole from a rival and activated. He also destroyed a planet (Granbell) himself with his Gravity Ether Gear.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Possibly with Solomon?

Either way, that's a happy ending. ^_^
    If he'll still have her, sure It would be funny watching her try to fit into Gabrielense society lol
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I refer you to this piece I did when the topic last came up.

Corim will be eventually blinded, carrying around books that he can no longer properly read but will have a beard and bigger hair.

(As noted at the time, I'm aware Tasha's skin colour is wrong)
    I remember. Nice. Corim as blind, mobile librarian is a great image.

Hmm... Kiyren disappears back into the woods and eventually goes missing in Moth.
    Yeah, like Sharp says, avoiding Malekith’s attention, particularly in Graven, is highly recommended. Dude is not for messing.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I have no real recollection of where my second character was going, or indeed what her name was at this point (Jen?). Something with her coming to terms with her past I believe; I had a neat backstory which I would probably reuse if I was writing that character again (in an RPG or not).

As for Preston, I assume he is going into the stomach of some carrion
    Preston is creeping through the Flow of Souls trying to avoid some creature that feeds on it. “If I can just…” *crack* “… dammit.”

Jen was really refreshing. Didn’t seem to outwardly carry any baggage, but I’m certain she had some. She’s one of the characters, along with Jared, who I would really like to see settle down into a trouble free life.

Tasha does exactly what she told Avelyn she would: much older, in slightly better control of herself (but still cursed), she returns to Dafne to save her parents (possibly with Corim? Given the picture, which makes sense to me). Unbeknownst to Tasha, her 'second' parents have already been exiled, long ago (actual tabletop canon has them living in Elcia, on Eurakia). The Dafne soldiery wouldn't be in a talking mood, mind, and neither would Tasha (who wouldn't be going back until she fully mastered her style of fighting, so...extremely high level). As Avy suspected, a lot of people die before Tasha works out that her parents aren't on the island anymore.

I actually wrote a short, couple of pages long vignette about this - just her arrival, none of the fighting or anything (and yes, I had pictured Corim there, though hadn't had him blinded at the time).
    I remember this too. Pretty epic stuff. Extra intriguing now, given our subsequent head-canon about who else is operating in Dafne, and who might end up on the other side of that confrontation. Now that would be fun. Quick, but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post

Although I liked the idea of him getting his mitts on a Node and building a Sanctum there where he can access Divine Magic and make his own Zone of Reality, that one seems way to risky and high-level play to be a reasonable extension of where he was going.
    Nah, that’s definitely achievable for someone of his cunning. And knowing Taran he’d scam somebody on a land deal to get that Node.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    If he'll still have her, sure It would be funny watching her try to fit into Gabrielense society lol
    Of course he would have. 100%. But they wouldn’t be in Gabriel.

a) He’s from Phaion, not Gabriel.
    b) My version of Solomon’s future is that he ends up being sent by the ruling council of Phaion to use his peacemaking combined with his commercial acumen to negotiate a deal with Lucrecio for the creation of a Panama/Suez-style canal from the Inner Sea to the ocean and access to the New Continent, with Phaion controlling that trade route and Lucrecio having access to various technologies and the market access on their borders to all of The Empire, The Alliance, The Episcopal States and the Lands of Al Enneath. Of course, his first name brings him some attention from a certain local prince.

Ardy could definitely do some crafting there. Might learn some interesting new skills… o_0

I mean, only reason Kiyren ran into the group was her poking and prodding around in places she probably shouldn't, heh.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    If it's Phaion, like Beadle says, that's a pretty chill place.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, like Sharp says, avoiding Malekith’s attention, particularly in Graven, is highly recommended. Dude is not for messing.
    Yeah, Perfect World Guide puts him at Level 16/Gnosis 40 (!!!) in Graven.

I remember this too. Pretty epic stuff. Extra intriguing now, given our subsequent head-canon about who else is operating in Dafne, and who might end up on the other side of that confrontation. Now that would be fun. Quick, but fun.
    Ooooh, now I forget. Who?

a) He’s from Phaion, not Gabriel.
    b) My version of Solomon’s future is that he ends up being sent by the ruling council of Phaion to use his peacemaking combined with his commercial acumen to negotiate a deal with Lucrecio for the creation of a Panama/Suez-style canal from the Inner Sea to the ocean and access to the New Continent, with Phaion controlling that trade route and Lucrecio having access to various technologies and the market access on their borders to all of The Empire, The Alliance, The Episcopal States and the Lands of Al Enneath. Of course, his first name brings him some attention from a certain local prince.
    That's...interesting. Pretty darned interesting (and thinking bigly). Explain 'inner sea to the ocean' (the Inner Sea is already part of the ocean), though - I may simply be spacing on what you mean.
    Ardy could definitely do some crafting there. Might learn some interesting new skills… o_0[/QUOTE]
    Why are we here?