E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I think you misunderstand (my fault, I should have clarified). It's (edit: now) a daily cost WITH Eternal magic - I'm assuming that's what people are using, because otherwise it's pointless.

See, the writer figured this one out. In Core Exxet - which is the version of the rules I use, and the currently most up-to-date version - all of the spells have been modified to have a similar setup to the ones in Arcana Exxet. No more added effects, just 'Base', 'Intermediate', 'Advanced', and 'Arcane' versions of the spell. Also, some of the spells have been changed. One of the ones that was changed the most was Light and Dark Ascension.

Now they're both just named 'Ascension', and rather than providing a bonus to Gnosis, they give a flat amount: 30, 35, 40, 45, depending on which version of the spell one casts.
    Well that's just bleh. I'd have to make Taran a legit wizard to get that kind of Zeonic regen.

Well that or drain all my creatures again.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well that's just bleh. I'd have to make Taran a legit wizard to get that kind of Zeonic regen.

Hey, it's still better than the old method. Under the old method you CAN'T get more than 35 Gnosis because Light Ascension and Dark Ascension do not stack (edit: also, was wrong about the name change - in Core Exxet it's 'Ascension' and 'Dark Ascension', which I think is the same). For two reasons.

1. The fluff for the spell states you exchange your material essence for divine essence, giving you the Gnosis bonus. If you've already done that with Light Ascension, how do you do that a second time with Dark Ascension? (Setting aside the fact that Light and Dark are incompatible elements, unless your name is Illumina or Araxiel).

2. There is a rule about not stacking bonuses. Bonuses coming from similar things don't stack (edit: unless it specifically says they do). If you use a Ki technique to get a +25 bonus, and simultaneously fire off another one that gives +50, you don't get +75, you get +50. If '+10 Gnosis from a spell that has the exact same fluff and rules description, and only varies by the word Light or Dark in the title' isn't a similar bonus, I don't know what is. ^_^ They are effectively the same spell.

Hey, be happy. Under the new rules you CAN actually pull this off. You just need to have 4500 Zeon on-hand (and Int 18) to cast Advanced Ascension as well as Advanced Eternal Magic (immediately) - that's doable. Then you end up with Gnosis 40.

You're just paying out 40 every day to keep it going. I mean...if you can't manage that EASILY after doing all of the chimerizing, leveling up, and such, you've done something very wrong (your plan was to get some ridiculous level). ^_^ By the time you're finished, you should have a zeonic recovery well-past 200; the 10th level mage in my game (yes, Chimera level 9+1) has 300.

Granted, you also plan to create lots of beings, but...Eternal Magic covers that as well. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-03-2021 at 06:32 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Nah, Sharp helped me figure out to give Kireyn 'just slightly behind Wizard' zeon regen. Was like... 50 points per day shy I think? Sure you could make it more bonkers becoming a chimera.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Nah, Sharp helped me figure out to give Kireyn 'just slightly behind Wizard' zeon regen. Was like... 50 points per day shy I think? Sure you could make it more bonkers becoming a chimera.
    Or was that 'zeon per level'? I can't recall. I do remember you did okay with Zeonic Regen as well. Would love to see the character sheet sometime. ^_^

Munchie himself has plans to give Taran a ton of zeonic regen. Then again, his issue is that he plans on creating a whackload of things that require daily maintenance...but if he has Eternal Magic, he can deal with THAT problem as well. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Or was that 'zeon per level'? I can't recall. I do remember you did okay with Zeonic Regen as well. Would love to see the character sheet sometime. ^_^

Munchie himself has plans to give Taran a ton of zeonic regen. Then again, his issue is that he plans on creating a whackload of things that require daily maintenance...but if he has Eternal Magic, he can deal with THAT problem as well. ^_^
    I can't recall off the top of my head, but either way she was doing well enough to have one or two spells on 24/7. As far as first Anima characters went I was pretty pleased with how she turned out.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Looking at it, she might've started falling behind Wizard at some point. Know we did a lot of theorycrafting... but her Lv4 was:

Magic Accumulation: 90
    Zeon: 670 (160 Base + 250 Purchased + 80 Warlock + 200 Magical Nature)
    Zeon Recovery: 180
    She was a tricky thing too, Aikido and a lotta shields, lol.

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I did not expect that floor drop. Thats so Dr. Evil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I remember. Nice. Corim as blind, mobile librarian is a great image.

Yeah, like Sharp says, avoiding Malekith’s attention, particularly in Graven, is highly recommended. Dude is not for messing.

Preston is creeping through the Flow of Souls trying to avoid some creature that feeds on it. “If I can just…” *crack* “… dammit.”

Jen was really refreshing. Didn’t seem to outwardly carry any baggage, but I’m certain she had some. She’s one of the characters, along with Jared, who I would really like to see settle down into a trouble free life.

I remember this too. Pretty epic stuff. Extra intriguing now, given our subsequent head-canon about who else is operating in Dafne, and who might end up on the other side of that confrontation. Now that would be fun. Quick, but fun.

Nah, that’s definitely achievable for someone of his cunning. And knowing Taran he’d scam somebody on a land deal to get that Node.

Of course he would have. 100%. But they wouldn’t be in Gabriel.

a) He’s from Phaion, not Gabriel.
    b) My version of Solomon’s future is that he ends up being sent by the ruling council of Phaion to use his peacemaking combined with his commercial acumen to negotiate a deal with Lucrecio for the creation of a Panama/Suez-style canal from the Inner Sea to the ocean and access to the New Continent, with Phaion controlling that trade route and Lucrecio having access to various technologies and the market access on their borders to all of The Empire, The Alliance, The Episcopal States and the Lands of Al Enneath. Of course, his first name brings him some attention from a certain local prince.

Ardy could definitely do some crafting there. Might learn some interesting new skills… o_0
    What's all this nonsense you all are babbling about? Regardless I decree Corim will have Nik flogged for the unimaginative direction his character is heading towards and he will squash you, the silly duck under his foot for finding it imaginative. lol

You're just paying out 40 every day to keep it going. I mean...if you can't manage that EASILY after doing all of the chimerizing, leveling up, and such, you've done something very wrong (your plan was to get some ridiculous level). ^_^ By the time you're finished, you should have a zeonic recovery well-past 200; the 10th level mage in my game (yes, Chimera level 9+1) has 300.
    And once I had my Node and God-power, throw around Divine Magic. What's the point of having infinite power if I can't USE it?

And Though they probably messed with that too, Create is 1000 Zeon, + added effects.

Granted, you also plan to create lots of beings, but...Eternal Magic covers that as well. ^_^
    Ah well if I was planning on Ensouling them anyway, The Gift of Life costs 800 but has no Maintenance. Pluss Added Effect to up it's level!

Looking at it, she might've started falling behind Wizard at some point. Know we did a lot of theorycrafting... but her Lv4 was:
    I mean OK, I was being flippant whining there. Taran was going to get the 3 levels of Zeon Regeneration bonuses from Chimerizing, so he'd be better than he was before that. Although the three levels from Chimera couldn't be spent on normal stuff, just monster powers, so that's 3 levels of NO boost to Zeon Regen.

The other way he was getting loads of Zeon though was taking it from the Summoner monster he made to get him back if he got banished. Who ALSO had the Essentia Abilities for fast Zeon Recovery, and IIRC a much higher rate than him.

I can't recall off the top of my head, but either way she was doing well enough to have one or two spells on 24/7. As far as first Anima characters went I was pretty pleased with how she turned out.

She was a tricky thing too, Aikido and a lotta shields, lol.
    Really, this is pretty good at level 4. For a Warlock, it's excellent.

And once I had my Node and God-power, throw around Divine Magic. What's the point of having infinite power if I can't USE it?

And Though they probably messed with that too, Create is 1000 Zeon, + added effects.
    I'd need to look it up.

Ah well if I was planning on Ensouling them anyway, The Gift of Life costs 800 but has no Maintenance. Pluss Added Effect to up it's level!
    It's probably a touch different now, but I doubt anything huge has changed with it, so no worries there.

I mean OK, I was being flippant whining there. Taran was going to get the 3 levels of Zeon Regeneration bonuses from Chimerizing, so he'd be better than he was before that. Although the three levels from Chimera couldn't be spent on normal stuff, just monster powers, so that's 3 levels of NO boost to Zeon Regen.
    Well, the bonuses for the Zeon Regen would actually be better than three levels of buying MA for zeon regen, so no worries there. Or just use base-level Chimera in the new rules, which gives +1 level/100 points of powers, period, and then level up normally after that, buying Essential Abilities with some of your CP every now and then.

The other way he was getting loads of Zeon though was taking it from the Summoner monster he made to get him back if he got banished. Who ALSO had the Essentia Abilities for fast Zeon Recovery, and IIRC a much higher rate than him.
    There's that, also.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-04-2021 at 04:12 AM.
    Why are we here?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

At this point it's starting to look like Talk No Jutsu is about the only way Deku is ever going to stop Shigaraki.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Gonna be playing my first session of Among Us in a few minutes.

It'll be interesting.