So I don't think Eternals was nearly as bad as some reviews I've seen, it certainly wasn't one of the better Marvel movies but it did feel decent, certainly a better experience than Black Widow or Captain Marvel to name some recentish ones

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I know that Death Battle handles feats differently than us but a lot of those showings just seems wrong given how Akuma and Shao Kahn are generally portrayed.

As for the next battle. I think Aang would've been a more fitting opponent, but I wouldn't be surprised if Korra gets his feats too.
    They say Shun Goku Satsu attacks the soul, however this isn't the case. Shun Goku Satsu is actually not a soul destroying tech. It's never mention as such in Japanese text. In SFA3 in the Japanese text Akuma never mentions any thing about the soul. What he actually says is The Shun Goku in numerous blinks of the eye, you have witness hell.

It is not by my fist but the weight of your own sins that killed you. The eviler you are, the more you suffer in death, what a pity. a Fighter who builds a top of corpses is the same as overlooking one's own end. Hohoho... just like a mastering one's own fist.

To fight one another with the fists projected our corpses is what is called a fight to the death.

This is pretty much the correction translation of what Akuma says to Gen in SFA3 which I found. In English text SF4 Akuma says die one thousand deaths, but this a mistranslation. In the Japanese text Akuma actually says one instant, one thousand strikes. So going these texts. Shun Goku Satsu kills a opponent by the weight of their own sins while they are being repeatedly pummeled by strikes.

of course Shun Goku Satsu killing a opponent by the weight of their own sins can only be taking in account if Akuma's speaking literally to Gen when he says that and not figuratively in SFA3. Which is there's no way to tell.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Could it have something to do with the fact that Shao Kahn, Dio Brando, and Rooster Teeth are all connected under the Warner Brothers umbrella?

I mean, I hate to cast such cyncism over what are essentially cartoon fights for fun - and disproving this directly is Mitsuru's victory over Weiss - but sometimes I wonder lol
    I don't believe it's a Warner Bros conspiracy. More that Death Battle's research, math, and such has gotten worse in later seasons compared to earlier ones.

Remember Goku vs. Superman 1, in which they explicitly stated there would be no power-scaling or power-leveling? As the meme goes, "Pepperidge Farm Remembers". Now power scaling makes up a large portion of their "research".
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    They say Shun Goku Satsu attacks the soul, however this isn't the case. Shun Goku Satsu is actually not a soul destroying tech. It's never mention as such in Japanese text. In SFA3 in the Japanese text Akuma never mentions any thing about the soul. What he actually says is The Shun Goku in numerous blinks of the eye, you have witness hell.

It is not by my fist but the weight of your own sins that killed you. The eviler you are, the more you suffer in death, what a pity. a Fighter who builds a top of corpses is the same as overlooking one's own end. Hohoho... just like a mastering one's own fist.

To fight one another with the fists projected our corpses is what is called a fight to the death.

This is pretty much the correction translation of what Akuma says to Gen in SFA3 which I found. In English text SF4 Akuma says die one thousand deaths, but this a mistranslation. In the Japanese text Akuma actually says one instant, one thousand strikes. So going these texts. Shun Goku Satsu kills a opponent by the weight of their own sins while they are being repeatedly pummeled by strikes.

of course Shun Goku Satsu killing a opponent by the weight of their own sins can only be taking in account if Akuma's speaking literally to Gen when he says that and not figuratively in SFA3. Which is there's no way to tell.
    Given how it's been explained in relation to Gouken's survival(with it being stated that Gouken had to use Mu no Ken to empty his soul of emotions in order to survive the esoteric effects of Shun Goku Satsu), It does seem to be literal.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I don't believe it's a Warner Bros conspiracy. More that Death Battle's research, math, and such has gotten worse in later seasons compared to earlier ones.

Remember Goku vs. Superman 1, in which they explicitly stated there would be no power-scaling or power-leveling? As the meme goes, "Pepperidge Farm Remembers". Now power scaling makes up a large portion of their "research".
    Heck, look at their explanation for why Shao Kahn would be impervious to Shun Goku Satsu. By their skewed logic, Akuma should've lost to Shang Tsung back in Season One.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Heck, look at their explanation for why Shao Kahn would be impervious to Shun Goku Satsu. By their skewed logic, Akuma should've lost to Shang Tsung back in Season One.
    Going by their current logic, a lot of their episodes are completely wrong and should be redone using their current way of doing things (like they did with Sonic vs. Mario and Link vs. Cloud).

I'm waiting for their redo of Doom Guy/Slayer vs. Master Chief where the Slayer rips through Chief, Gaara vs. Toph where Gaara turns Toph into so much blood-soaked sand, Yang vs. Tifa where Tifa walks through Yang's offense like she's got an S shield on her chest, Luigi stomps Tails, etc.

I mean, some episodes remain the same, mostly those where the winner is so obvious that it's not even a battle (He-Man vs. Lion-O, Flash vs. Quicksilver, Captain Marvel vs. Carol Danvers, etc.)
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I saw the SpaceX coming down!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Free stuff always feels good even when the stuff itself (free coffee in this case) isn't very good
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Free stuff always feels good even when the stuff itself (free coffee in this case) isn't very good
    You get what you pay (or don't pay) for.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm, in addition to the ongoing Four Knights of the Apocalypse manga, we're getting a second sequel project for Nanatsu no Taizai in the form of two movies focusing on Meliodas and Elisabeth's son Tristan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hmm, in addition to the ongoing Four Knights of the Apocalypse manga, we're getting a second sequel project for Nanatsu no Taizai in the form of two movies focusing on Meliodas and Elisabeth's son Tristan.

Color me intrigued. I'm not typically too keen on the 3DCG treatment attributed to anime, but it doesn't look bad here.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

General polling.

I have an urge to a respect thread for one of the following. If you have any preference on this, let me know:

- Tsukishima Jinbei - Joujuu Senjin! Mushibugyo: Shonen battle manga centring on samurai versus giant mutant insects. The feats are surprisingly high end and jump immediately to a really fun sense of scale.
    Roughly in the ballpark of: One Piece

- Chinmi - Tekken Chinmi: The original kung fu boy from the 80s. A bunch of fun and somewhat technical feats of kung fu mastery. This would be a bit tricky to hunt down as there's like 40 odd years of Chinmi and he never broke through in the West that hard, my guy definitely being overshadowed by Dragonball.
    Roughly in the ballpark of: Batman/CBPH martial artists

- Yulian Provoke (and maybe Noya) - Red Storm: Korean manwha about a warlike desert tribe that battles demons, armies and society. Solid wuxia influences here, very crisp and functional stuff. It's got a little bit of shine here but it's still very niche.
    Roughly in the ballpark of: Rave Master/Fairy Tail (maybe)

Those are the ones that are on my mind at the moment and they are all lesser known series so let me know if there's any you'd like me to actually work on.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    General polling.

I have an urge to a respect thread for one of the following. If you have any preference on this, let me know:

- Tsukishima Jinbei - Joujuu Senjin! Mushibugyo: Shonen battle manga centring on samurai versus giant mutant insects. The feats are surprisingly high end and jump immediately to a really fun sense of scale.
    Roughly in the ballpark of: One Piece

- Chinmi - Tekken Chinmi: The original kung fu boy from the 80s. A bunch of fun and somewhat technical feats of kung fu mastery. This would be a bit tricky to hunt down as there's like 40 odd years of Chinmi and he never broke through in the West that hard, my guy definitely being overshadowed by Dragonball.
    Roughly in the ballpark of: Batman/CBPH martial artists

- Yulian Provoke (and maybe Noya) - Red Storm: Korean manwha about a warlike desert tribe that battles demons, armies and society. Solid wuxia influences here, very crisp and functional stuff. It's got a little bit of shine here but it's still very niche.
    Roughly in the ballpark of: Rave Master/Fairy Tail (maybe)

Those are the ones that are on my mind at the moment and they are all lesser known series so let me know if there's any you'd like me to actually work on.
    If Red Storm would be easier than Tekken Chinmi, I would go with that. I'm interested, shall we say.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Starting my final edit for this year's New Year's Eve story for my wife. Don't think a lot will change in this pass, so it's going to be about 26.5K words. Happy with that. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate