Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Not any better in Canada, my friend. Justin and his gang have raised ‘all talk, no action’ to an art form.
    "We are committed to our emission goals, that's why we built this new pipeline!"

It's almost schtick at this point that he talks out of both sides of his mouth to avoid saying anything at all. It would be slightly less annoying if it wasn't so clumsily obvious that this is a tactic to avoid answering questions, and I dislike how it's worked well enough he's somehow bungled into his third term in office :/

Of course, lest we veer down the rabbit hole of political griping...

You ever watch Araki draw? I sure have been, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I'm not completely sure what the threat is that's being communicated by this trailer. I think someone said it has Holland-Spidey trying to prevent villains from dying so that's the conflict of the film instead of so much fighting all of them.
    the threat is copyright, duh.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

That looks a LOT like they took Pikman and filed the serial numbers off.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm just happy that Octavius is willing to talk. Maybe we'll see more of him. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "We are committed to our emission goals, that's why we built this new pipeline!"

It's almost schtick at this point that he talks out of both sides of his mouth to avoid saying anything at all. It would be slightly less annoying if it wasn't so clumsily obvious that this is a tactic to avoid answering questions, and I dislike how it's worked well enough he's somehow bungled into his third term in office :/
    Nailed it.

It's mind-boggling. I feel a lot of it comes from the usual Lib-Con back and forth fear-mongering about how they're the only viable parties and if you vote for anyone else, the party you DON'T want in power will be the one that gets in (Trudeau went right back to that playbook against the NDP last election).

And people fall for it, every single time.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Of course, lest we veer down the rabbit hole of political griping...
    A little Canadian political griping isn't inspiring any flamewars at the moment. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

A little Canadian political griping isn't inspiring any flamewars at the moment. ^_^
    And yet when I crab about the naked corruption in the UK Parliament, I get shut down.

Typical North American continental partisan biases in action!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    And yet when I crab about the naked corruption in the UK Parliament, I get shut down.

Typical North American continental partisan biases in action!
    ...there is that. Though I have always been interested in your comments about your government.

In solidarity, I will cease, and stick to complaining about Climate Change which is not a political discussion. It might overlap on politics, but it's a global, existential crisis.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

...there is that. Though I have always been interested in your comments about your government.

In solidarity, I will cease, and stick to complaining about Climate Change which is not a political discussion. It might overlap on politics, but it's a global, existential crisis.
    Right there with you mate

Well, barring any Death Battle nonsense, the winner is obvious.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Crystal would have been a more thematic match for Korra than Storm, tbh
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Crystal would have been a more thematic match for Korra than Storm, tbh
    Rey (though they had their reasons for not wanting to) and Delsin Rowe would have also been far more thematic matches for Korra.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I think we were mentioning COP26 before?

Untitled.jpg

Now we know what to do
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

New Spiderman trailer actually made me like the original Green Goblin costume