The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Mechwarrior isn't much without a revenge plot.
    It does seem to be a bit of thing for Mechwarrior.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Maybe they just don't want you to do anything at work other than work??
    As I said, I can't actually BLAME them.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Maybe they just don't want you to do anything at work other than work??

Since I mostly work from home, I'm not that hard on myself about accessing other sites whenn nI take a break. But if I go into the office, when I used to work full time, I never accessed work related sites, unless I'm doing it from my phone during lunch break.

My employers would have my head if they found me using business computers for 'fun stuff'.
    I am literally on my work computer right now.

Any workplace that expects you to the focus on nothing but the job 100% of the time is run by persons with no idea how the world works. I've worked in offices, retail, customer facing, in theatres, maintenance, and whole bunch of other stuff and literally every place I have worked has had people goofing off in it one way or another when their schedule allows.

It's human nature to take breaks mentally and physically. You work when you need to, no need to force people to be slavish.

To quote a slogan from the miners strikes - "We don't need work, we only do it for the money,"

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Any workplace that expects you to the focus on nothing but the job 100% of the time is run by persons with no idea how the world works. I've worked in offices, retail, customer facing, in theatres, maintenance, and whole bunch of other stuff and literally every place I have worked has had people goofing off in it one way or another when their schedule allows.

It's human nature to take breaks mentally and physically. You work when you need to, no need to force people to be slavish.

To quote a slogan from the miners strikes - "We don't need work, we only do it for the money,"
    I guess I'm something of a workaholic. I prefer environments where I am expected to focus on my job. I won't say I've never goofed off. But when I do that means that I ran out of work to do and I'm just finding distractions until it's time to leave. The last full time job I had, I never let myself run out of work to do. I usually started projects or got ahead of the work for the next day. I hate being bored.

But that's just me. Not everyone is like that.

Working from home is frustrating. There isn't enough structure and too many distractions. This is something I haven't yet mastered.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ghostbusters Afterlife was fun. A bit heavy on the nostalgia lean, especially at the end, but I quite enjoyed it. McKenna Grace nails her role so well, I was pleasantly surprised.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    While the outcome is really obvious at least the animation is cool and they do give Korra her moments.

Next one is going to be interesting, if only to see how they calculate Madara and Aizen's abilities and feats. Not to mention how they're going to deal with Aizen's immortality.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    While the outcome is really obvious at least the animation is cool and they do give Korra her moments.

Next one is going to be interesting, if only to see how they calculate Madara and Aizen's abilities and feats. Not to mention how they're going to deal with Aizen's immortality.
    Is Aizen's immortality a resurrective style immortality, in that he can be temporarily killed and comes back to life? Because if so, then there's nothing to deal with. If it's not... well, then Madara can't win.

Wouldn't be the first time that one fighter was completely incapable of killing the other.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Is Aizen's immortality a resurrective style immortality, in that he can be temporarily killed and comes back to life? Because if so, then there's nothing to deal with. If it's not... well, then Madara can't win.

Wouldn't be the first time that one fighter was completely incapable of killing the other.
    The limits of Aizen's immortality haven't been entirely defined. He's been cut in half down the middle and has most of his torso disintigrated on seperate occascions and was stiched back together both times by his own spiritual energy, and he was sentenced to be locked up for 20 000 years with the general assumption that he'd just be alive after it all. So yeah, it's pretty potent but we're not sure how potent.

And they both plent of sealing techniques that might be acceptable if they can't really kill each other.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

You need the money, though, and if work is how you (less riskily) get money, then you do need work. That's how they get ya! :V

I guess I'm something of a workaholic. I prefer environments where I am expected to focus on my job. I won't say I've never goofed off. But when I do that means that I ran out of work to do and I'm just finding distractions until it's time to leave. The last full time job I had, I never let myself run out of work to do. I usually started projects or got ahead of the work for the next day. I hate being bored.

Working from home is frustrating. There isn't enough structure and too many distractions. This is something I haven't yet mastered.
    Meanwhile, I've never had a job where I can just pull up CBR at a moment's notice. :V

Well, not until the age of cellphones at any rate, but even then, the best I could get away with was my current employer looking the other way when I put my headphones in and only took a few seconds to load a video to listen to. And of course, the teenagers who don't care about getting fired go off to check Twitter when they think the managers aren't looking. Obviously, we have breaks and people chat, but I've never been at a job where you have company resources to just surf the net when you need a few minutes randomly throughout the day.

Sounds pretty nice.

Maybe I need to clarify. I've been dealing with long stretches of time being unemployed, and the times when I can work, I really enjoy them. Enjoy them enough that I don't feel the need for other distractions. Back when I was working steady, there probably were times when I wanted to distract myself. To take a break from work. Sometimes I wasn't allowed to do that, or I was kept too busy to do that. Other times I'd just keep working, pushing past any need for a break until i got home.

So basically it is a trade off. If I have a job where I can work on something that keeps me busy, I'm okay with that.

Though I have work, doing it from home isn't the same as working someplace else. It's not as good.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

If I was independently wealthy (like, just enough to be sustainable in a not-completely-**** environment), I wouldn't work a day in my life. :B

Well, on my hobbies, sure, but I've learned apparently having all the time in the world doesn't help me be that much more productive on that front.

if I was independently wealthy, I'd still find a productive use of my time. Seriously start my own business, write a book, there are many things I could do. I mean, right now I'm imagining what it might be like to go to Law school. So I'd find something.