Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Not that I'm gunna play it anyway, but I hope this is going to be "open world". Of all the directions the series could have gone, truly open 3D environments to dash around in, with environmental obstacles to do tricks off of feels like a no-brainer we should have gotten by at least ten years ago.

Closest we've gotten is Sonic Boom!, and I hope the flop of that branch of the franchise didn't chuck that possibility in the bin.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

God-DAMN! Rita is done with the Ranger's s-t!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Saw Arcane.

**** is sad as **** bro I wasn't ready for this.

Good stuff though
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Saw Arcane.

**** is sad as **** bro I wasn't ready for this.

Good stuff though
    Yeah, it’s a really good show. And I’ve never played LoL (nor do I intend to).

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

God-DAMN! Rita is done with the Ranger's s-t!
    Huh. Surprised it took this long to include her.

I was gunna say, a better outright melee character would be Scorpina, but looks like they added her a year ago.

Also, that top looks like she could gore someone as a finisher move, goddamn.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 12-11-2021 at 04:31 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, it’s a really good show. And I’ve never played LoL (nor do I intend to).
    For my money, Arcane has some of the best characters, best storylines, best themes and exploration of such, best mood, and easily best choreographed and executed combat sequences I’ve seen in ages.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    For my money, Arcane has some of the best characters, best storylines, best themes and exploration of such, best mood, and easily best choreographed and executed combat sequences I’ve seen in ages.
    I am.. glad to hear this.

League of Legends lore is some of my favorite if the medium. That other people are able to get a taste of it, and that they managed to make a show that not obky lived up to the hype but far surpassed it, brings me joy.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Not that I'm gunna play it anyway, but I hope this is going to be "open world". Of all the directions the series could have gone, truly open 3D environments to dash around in, with environmental obstacles to do tricks off of feels like a no-brainer we should have gotten by at least ten years ago.

Closest we've gotten is Sonic Boom!, and I hope the flop of that branch of the franchise didn't chuck that possibility in the bin.
    Sega stated that it's open world (though they term it "open zone" *insert dry chuckle here*). I'm also surprised that they actually hired Ian Flynn as the game's main scenario writer.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

100% agree with this. I loved it.

Even best music. I mean it’s an animated series based on a video game and, just for an example, the season closing theme is a piece specifically written and performed for the show by Sting of all people. And there’s a bunch of other artists. Imagine Dragons even appear briefly in the show (it’s not really a spoiler because they’re not actually doing anything plot-centric - they’re just there).

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I fell off two episodes in. I've seen bits and pieces from later stuff and it's a technical masterpiece. A real testament to what you can accomplish if you give highly talented animators all the time and money in the world.

I keep thinking I should go back to it because it's very highly regarded but I just didn't feel like I connected to it very much.

For clarity, I know basically nothing about LoL beyond a few of the characters by sight.

Maybe I'll give it another go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I fell off two episodes in. I've seen bits and pieces from later stuff and it's a technical masterpiece. A real testament to what you can accomplish if you give highly talented animators all the time and money in the world.

I keep thinking I should go back to it because it's very highly regarded but I just didn't feel like I connected to it very much.

For clarity, I know basically nothing about LoL beyond a few of the characters by sight.

Then you knew more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I am.. glad to hear this.

League of Legends lore is some of my favorite if the medium. That other people are able to get a taste of it, and that they managed to make a show that not obky lived up to the hype but far surpassed it, brings me joy.
    Yeah, the game itself...not for me. But I've adored their videos (Warriors being my favourite, which also happens to star Vi and Caitlyn). And, ironically, when I tried it for a week or so years ago, I happened to use Jinx.

I understand there's a small group of fans who are really upset that their chaos-bunny-character Jinx is being represented in such a dark, not-so-cute fashion. I don't know...I remember her opening video, long ago, and it was pretty grim despite the fireworks and madness. I guess it's the same idea as the Harley Quinn fans who forget that she's a brutal murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    100% agree with this. I loved it.

Even best music. I mean it’s an animated series based on a video game and, just for an example, the season closing theme is a piece specifically written and performed for the show by Sting of all people. And there’s a bunch of other artists. Imagine Dragons even appear briefly in the show (it’s not really a spoiler because they’re not actually doing anything plot-centric - they’re just there).
    Yeah, I forgot that part. The music is exceptional - it fits the mood, the themes, the characters so well. Missed the cameo by ID, but I'll watch it again. ^_^

Even the opening credits are fantastic, reminiscent of Netflix's Daredevil and that kind of thing.

Netflix does a lot of wrong, but they did this one RIGHT.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-11-2021 at 11:00 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

I'm picky as crap about watching animated stuff, and I'm pretty picky about how themes and mood is presented as well. And I'm picky with my characters, and oh yes, fight choreography.

And while personal taste is...personal...this hit ALL the right points for me (especially in the 'this is people being people' area). And the animation is some of the best I've ever seen in my life.

Don't know a whole lot about the LoL lore, myself. A wee bit, what I've garnered from their short videos, but that's all.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-11-2021 at 11:01 AM.
    Why are we here?