Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    So came to work yesterday to find out someone had drilled into our waterline, causing us to not have access to bathrooms the entire day (they were drilling for another reason and hit it on accident).

We have four portable bathrooms (port-a-johns) instead now. And probably will the rest of the week.

Answered more than one call about being Supervisor of Port-Potty’s more than once yesterday from the main building. All in good fun, but man it took them seven hours to figure out how to shut that water off before they can even attempt to fix it. That was a bit ridiculous. Just glad it’s in the garage area so there was no flooding done.
    We woke up to no water in our flat/apartment this morning (and we’re all working from home). Burst water main a few streets away, taken out thousands of homes.

Took several hours to restore. Not fun.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

"I don't need no instructions to know how to ROCK!"
    I mean, she's a robot, she could just download the songs and play them over hidden speakers while pretending to play.

Or download a player program.

Goddamned robots, taking over our Art careers.

It's a crying shame.

Or would be if she wasn't a cute anime girl.

That's what we need to win over the hearts of those left jobless by automation.

Make all the robots into cute anime girls.

Then mint each one's AI program as an NFT.

NOBODY STEAL THIS IDEA, IT'S MINE(D), I'VE GOT THE RECEIPT FOR IT, I'M GUNNA MAKE MILLIONS!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    So came to work yesterday to find out someone had drilled into our waterline, causing us to not have access to bathrooms the entire day (they were drilling for another reason and hit it on accident).

We have four portable bathrooms (port-a-johns) instead now. And probably will the rest of the week.

Answered more than one call about being Supervisor of Port-Potty’s more than once yesterday from the main building. All in good fun, but man it took them seven hours to figure out how to shut that water off before they can even attempt to fix it. That was a bit ridiculous. Just glad it’s in the garage area so there was no flooding done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    We woke up to no water in our flat/apartment this morning (and we’re all working from home). Burst water main a few streets away, taken out thousands of homes.

That sux.

I remember when our store lost water, we had to go to the store next door to do our business.

Bastards had better bathrooms than us. >:T
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 12-15-2021 at 08:54 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Oh, man...sorry for this, dude. That's a lot more than 'an inconvenience'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Sooo...the average price for a house (not 'median', which would be a better representation, but still) in Ontario is now $931K. For those interested and not aware of the exchange rate, that's ~$730K American.

This is a STAGGERINGLY high price (average wage in Ontario is apparently $51K Canadian, or just under $40K American), and it's up TWENTY FOUR+ PERCENT from last year. Granted, again, this isn't the median house price in Ontario, which is likely lower, but still.

I despair for young people for a lot of reasons, and this is one of them.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-15-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Saitama vs. Popeye is indeed the Season Finale.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sooo...the average price for a house (not 'median', which would be a better representation, but still) in Ontario is now $931K. For those interested and not aware of the exchange rate, that's ~$730K American.

This is a STAGGERINGLY high price (average wage in Ontario is apparently $51K Canadian, or just under $40K American), and it's up TWENTY FOUR+ PERCENT from last year. Granted, again, this isn't the median house price in Ontario, which is likely lower, but still.

I despair for young people for a lot of reasons, and this is one of them.
    Don't be silly. Young people just don't want to work, Sharp.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Don't be silly. Young people just don't want to work, Sharp.
    Oh, yes. Of course. That must be it. Business Media couldn't be wrong.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

The alita talk got me to make a rumble

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

This is a STAGGERINGLY high price (average wage in Ontario is apparently $51K Canadian, or just under $40K American), and it's up TWENTY FOUR+ PERCENT from last year.
    Is there some kind of legitimate business reason for this? Like it's the most populated area in Canada and there's just not enough houses to go around in the cities? Or is it some kind of like housing monopoly or something?

Or maybe some super expensive houses are kicking up the average by a lot? I know that happened in America during that last housing bubble.

Because almost 19 years of labor to get the average house sounds like a lot of money.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

James Michael Guffey, the pro-wrestler Jimmy Rave, passed away last Sunday after having to have a triple amputation (both legs and left arm). He was 39 years old.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I mean, she's a robot, she could just download the songs and play them over hidden speakers while pretending to play.

Or download a player program.

Goddamned robots, taking over our Art careers.

It's a crying shame.

Or would be if she wasn't a cute anime girl.

That's what we need to win over the hearts of those left jobless by automation.

Make all the robots into cute anime girls.

Then mint each one's AI program as an NFT.

NOBODY STEAL THIS IDEA, IT'S MINE(D), I'VE GOT THE RECEIPT FOR IT, I'M GUNNA MAKE MILLIONS!
    I dunno man, Gally's a cyborg from the 90s, she didn't know what the cloud was until way later - and a few years before it became mainstream.

Like, her original run ended and Yukito Kishiro rebooted the ending with Last Order lol

The movie definitely did feel like more of an attempt to make things brighter, more fun, and more 'cool'. Even a little 'softer', with its depiction of everyday life in sunshine.

I recall the OVA series; I can't recall if I watched it subbed or completely without translation, though. Been a while. Didn't matter either way, as I had the first volume of BAA.
    I enjoyed the movie for what it was, weighing my expectations that it had to be made more palatable for an average audience, and apart from one specific character, it hit most of the marks for me as a lighter and softer edition.

But kids enjoying their pickup game of motorball in broad daylight how dare they.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I did wonder why Makaku's name got changed. I've never seen the OVAs.

I'm just over here hoping that we one day get a good adaptation of the ZOTT Tournament for Last Order, some really top tier fight scenes in there. Put my boy Toji into true motion!
    They're not bad, really, though it just kind of ends as its own self-contined story and doesn't really gel with the larger arcs or deeper themes of fate and karma. Nice spectacle if you have about an hour, and kinda nostalgic as well.

Nobuteru Yuki did the character designs, and he later went on to do production work for Escaflowne and Chrono Cross, and it works pretty well in adaptation visually.

It would be interesting if they did a ZOTT animation, but there's quite a lot of buildup. Though frankly, it would work on its own as a standalone series of fights.

Caerula Sanguis clowning on Gally and Taraba facing down Homme de Feu are my personal favourites, then things got crazier and metaphysical near the end as mentioned lol

Death of Dr. Strange continues.

spoilers:
    FINALLY someone has Strange - even if it is 'Past-Strange' flat out state that he was fool to separate himself and Clea. Also, Clea gets her best costume yet, something worthy of the ruler of the Dark Dimension.

Also, Mordo outdoes himself with 'Selling my soul', at least that's what it seems to be (could turn out to be a red herring, don't know). Apparently selling it to two different beings isn't nearly enough; this time he figured 'Why not double that?' and sold it to four. Assuming the information we have received is correct.
    end of spoilers

Not bad at all, for a change wrt Strange.
    Why are we here?

Death of Dr. Strange continues.

spoilers:
    FINALLY someone has Strange - even if it is 'Past-Strange' flat out state that he was fool to separate himself and Clea. Also, Clea gets her best costume yet, something worthy of the ruler of the Dark Dimension.

Also, Mordo outdoes himself with 'Selling my soul', at least that's what it seems to be (could turn out to be a red herring, don't know). Apparently selling it to two different beings isn't nearly enough; this time he figured 'Why not double that?' and sold it to four. Assuming the information we have received is correct.
    end of spoilers

Not bad at all, for a change wrt Strange.
    I mean...

spoilers:
    Is Mordo turning himself into Constantine? He pulled the same thing and then slipped away while the Demons he sold them to got into a fight over who got to claim him, lol.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.