Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Now this is a surprise. I certainly wasn't expecting a new anime adaptation, but I'm happy for it. At least we'll finally get to see the Jinchuu arc properly depicted (assuming this is a reboot or a continuation of the original anime that ignores the filler and OVA).
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 12-19-2021 at 03:29 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Now this is a surprise. I certainly wasn't expecting a new anime adaptation, but I'm happy for it. At least we'll finally get to see the Jinchuu arc properly depicted (assuming this is a reboot or a continuation of the original anime that ignores the filler and OVA).
    I'm always a little wary when a remake is done of a series I really enjoyed. Maybe this time it might be possible to make a good series even better.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I enjoyed the first season, but I am definitively enjoying Season 2 way more. Maybe it’s the more coherent timeline, maybe it’s the more expansive and yet more cohesive cast, maybe it’s all of that and more. But I’m really, really enjoying it.
    I watched it today while recovering from booster shot side effects, a solid and enjoyable series. I actually kind of preferred the ambitious non linear stuff, because it really engaged me and was fun to figure out but I completely get why that's no longer required moving forward.

A good show, lot of strong moments.

Saw Spiderman and I thought it was dope.

However I wanted more

We get a decent amount of character moments but I wanted them in greater quantity/depth and I wanted to see more mirroring between the villains and protagonists that we got just hints for in a lot of cases. This was a neat movie but it would have been a bomb tv series in the right hands. Ah well.

Also lol

Last edited by Postmania; 12-19-2021 at 06:20 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Incredible Member

Best live action Spider-Man movie. By far. I'm floating on a cloud made of pure joy and web fluid.
    Last edited by Dr Will Hatch; 12-20-2021 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    cloud made of pure joy and web fluid.
    Synthetic or natural?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Best live action Spider-Man movie. Bay far. I'm floating on a cloud made of pure joy and web fluid.
    Same here. My wife and I were practically screaming in the movie theaters for a fair chunk of the film with everyone else. I honestly haven't felt this much excitement and enjoyment for a Spider-Man film since Spider-Man 2. And Sony, Marvel and Disney announced that there will be at least three more Spider-Man movies after this. I'm also spoilers:
    relieved to see that Sony!Venom isn't migrating to the MCU, but he did leave behind a 'son' to become MCU Venom in future titles.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

I agree with No Way Home being very good.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I've been pretty meh on Phase 4 this far, but I loved every bit of NWH. I'm legitimately excited to see what they have in store for the next three films.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Synthetic or natural?
    Natural like Tobey. I'm too poor to afford the chemicals to make my own web fluid.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Same here. My wife and I were practically screaming in the movie theaters for a fair chunk of the film with everyone else. I honestly haven't felt this much excitement and enjoyment for a Spider-Man film since Spider-Man 2. And Sony, Marvel and Disney announced that there will be at least three more Spider-Man movies after this. I'm also spoilers:
    relieved to see that Sony!Venom isn't migrating to the MCU, but he did leave behind a 'son' to become MCU Venom in future titles.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I'm so jazzed by this that it retroactively makes me enjoy the Amazing Spider-Man movies a bit more now because Andrew was so freaking charming in this.

I mean, all three variants of Peter were amazing in their own way, but Andrew Peter was like the version that I see in my head when I read the comics.

Extraordinary Member

No Way Home was a lot of fun.

spoilers:
    - It work great as a celebration of the live action history of Spider-man, making them all feel like equals in wit and ability and poking fun at each other without any of it feeling mean spirited.
    - I'm really glad that Green Goblin took command as the main bad guy of the interdimensional Sinister Six Minus One, and his costume upgrade worked surprisingly well.
    - I'm surprised by how bittersweet the ending was in setting up MCU Spidey for a more traditional take on his character.
    end of spoilers

Again, it was just a ton of fun, which I kinda needed right now.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Re-reading Last Order. It's such a hilarious ride. I mean, great characters, good depth, some fun, some story...and such a weird mixture of tech and magical martial arts.

Where else can you find someone who beats the hell out of a supersonic cyborg with her bare hands, simply because she's 'really good at Bagua' (I mean, she's also a cyborg, but not all 'modded up')? ^_^

Edit: Also, where else can you find a vampire using recognizable Xingyi? ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-20-2021 at 06:10 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Re-reading Last Order. It's such a hilarious ride. I mean, great characters, good depth, some fun, some story...and such a weird mixture of tech and magical martial arts.

Where else can you find someone who beats the hell out of a supersonic cyborg with her bare hands, simply because she's 'really good at Bagua' (I mean, she's also a cyborg, but not all 'modded up')? ^_^

Edit: Also, where else can you find a vampire using recognizable Xingyi? ^_^
    Qu Tsang is the best.

Love everything about her, from her design and attitude to her fighting style.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

She's an absolutely great character. Wish we saw more of her.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate