Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    that's been my go to Christmas album for years

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

tooled around with another animation of Lady Shiva

WIP but maybe i'll finish this one

Riddler!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Riddler!
    Seriously? Looks kind of lame to me.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Riddler!
    *inhales* sighs* So, which is it: Batwoman or Titans?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    *inhales* sighs* So, which is it: Batwoman or Titans?
    It's from the upcoming movie. It's definitely a... different take on the design.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Goddammit, Ufotable, don't do this to me. This is only giving me more hope that you'll release a Tsukihime anime in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It's from the upcoming movie. It's definitely a... different take on the design.
    He honestly looks like a character from The Boys.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    tooled around with another animation of Lady Shiva

WIP but maybe i'll finish this one
    Always love the movements you choose. Funny how she 'makes sure' after caving in his throat with the first punch. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Always love the movements you choose. Funny how she 'makes sure' after caving in his throat with the first punch. ^_^
    Part of the challenge of choreographing for Shiva, or at least how I think of her, is that she doesn't really have middle gears in a fight, she fights to kill as default, and she's capable of mortally wounding people with one touch because she hits that hard.

So, I tend to skew towards her doing stunt combos like the above to intimidate the next set of opponents rather than for matters of practicality. Plus, a little of bajiquan into air grab is cool.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Part of the challenge of choreographing for Shiva, or at least how I think of her, is that she doesn't really have middle gears in a fight, she fights to kill as default, and she's capable of mortally wounding people with one touch because she hits that hard.

So, I tend to skew towards her doing stunt combos like the above to intimidate the next set of opponents rather than for matters of practicality. Plus, a little of bajiquan into air grab is cool.
    Sounds very logical, and fitting for her character.

And...in-comics, she DOES do crazy stuff from time to time, possibly to make a point, possibly to intimidate people, possibly just because she CAN and it's fun for her to do stuff she learned that other people can't do (especially when she's murdering people without trying hard). So I figure you've nailed that, also.

Somewhat gruesome example: stick her hands into someone's guts and literally tear them out, no weapon involved.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sounds very logical, and fitting for her character.

And...in-comics, she DOES do crazy stuff from time to time, possibly to make a point, possibly to intimidate people, possibly just because she CAN and it's fun for her to do stuff she learned that other people can't do (especially when she's murdering people without trying hard). So I figure you've nailed that, also.

Somewhat gruesome example: stick her hands into someone's guts and literally tear them out, no weapon involved.
    Were I ever to write Shiva, I would have her basically have a soft "no weapons," rule in play.

I mapped out the internal monologue as something in the vein of (in my theoretical series, I gave her like a second person narration):

"With a blade, even a child can kill a man. Simply find the right spot and press, almost gently, and it's done. Firearms remove even the need to find the right spot.

You are not a child. You are Shiva.

You do not require such things to kill,"

I have a couple of bits of choreography mapped out with touches like "while fighting guy with sword, Shiva disarms him and then pointedly disposes of the sword rather than turn the weapon to her advantage,"

I would also have her beat the shit out of Deadshot despite starting at long range on him because it's my story and I can book how I want haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I've now seen the accompanying trailer and some of the implied plot beats feel like they have melded Riddler and Hush into one character for this film which would explain the mask aesthetic.