Ah yes, a flying punch against someone twice your size.

Brilliant.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Brilliant.
    Flying Punch-Girl can apparently be tossed into solid metal (based on how she made an indent) without being all that bothered. So I'm not too surprised that she thought he attack would be effective.

Then again, Taller-Girl had Broly's LSSJ aura. So some caution might've been wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Flying Punch-Girl can apparently be tossed into solid metal (based on how she made an indent) without being all that bothered. So I'm not too surprised that she thought he attack would be effective.

Then again, Taller-Girl had Broly's LSSJ aura. So some caution might've been wise.
    That's the Ikkitousen Girls for ya! Chuukou Kyocho (Tall Girl), IIRC, was always one of the stronger characters (Not counting the Dragons) so her throwing away Mouki (Pink Girl who is, I believe, an Anime-only char) makes sense.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Brilliant.
    She should've used Bento-no-Jutsu. That technique helped Nagi...

...for 2 seconds anyway.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

...for 2 seconds anyway.
    He got his one good punch in didn't he?

Not his fault the other guy broke his own rules.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

...for 2 seconds anyway.
    I do like that Nagi's idea of hard core dirty street fighting involves showing his opponent a bento made by said opponent's crush to stun him.

That's real street rules.

That's the Ikkitousen Girls for ya! Chuukou Kyocho (Tall Girl), IIRC, was always one of the stronger characters (Not counting the Dragons) so her throwing away Mouki (Pink Girl who is, I believe, an Anime-only char) makes sense.
    Mouki's actually a canon character in the manga. Except here, they completely altered her personality and intelligence so that it resembles Anime Hakufu's (meaning that she makes Luffy, Natsu and Goku look like college grad students by comparison) when her manga personality is actually the polar opposite.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Mouki's actually a canon character in the manga. Except here, they completely altered her personality and intelligence so that it resembles Anime Hakufu's (meaning that she makes Luffy, Natsu and Goku look like college grad students by comparison) when her manga personality is actually the polar opposite.
    Really? Cool. I guess I wasn't able to read that far into the Manga. I haven't been able to find scans that complete the battle with Sousou either.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Trucker protesters have now had some of their people throwing rocks at ambulances, on top of the other stuff going on.

Nice.

While yes, it's a minority that are waving confederate/swastika flags, harassing people/employees, throwing rocks at ambulances, and shouting racist epithets, I'll note that the other protesters aren't exactly confronting them, kicking them out, or even admitting that there are bad apples.

Silence is complicity.
    Sounds like a honkin' terrible time, and allegedly they're going to park there for two weeks? Over here on the West Coast, things culminated on Saturday where they were booed out of the downtown core.

Meanwhile according to reports in Ottawa, traffic's blocked, people - who aren't hotel staffers, those guys are making a killing - are having difficulties getting to work, kids can't get to school, and logistics are catching up to out of towners to the point that they started taking their meals by harassing charity soup kitchens.

Certainly they can protest, that's their right, and allegedly they want to demonstrate and get to the stage of dialogue. But with all the instances you listed above being met with whataboutsim before finally decrying and cleaning up - the war memorial and the statue of Terry Fox, at least - Trudeau's response being...basically nothing, and the opposition making this little more than a photo-op, regardless of what you might think about big media or gonzo Twitter coverage of the event, it all comes off to me as less a rally with a unified message than an unnecessarily disruptive and contrarian display.

About the nicest thing I can say about this is that they're cleaning up some of the garbage and haven't destroyed anything yet, except good will across the aisle.

Awesome.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

"I mean it's kinda cool. It doesn't make me feel any better though."

Spoilers, Desmond ended up fine; Pim did not.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

"I mean it's kinda cool. It doesn't make me feel any better though."

Spoilers, Desmond ended up fine; Pim did not.
    That's just Mr. Plinkett and you know it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Brilliant.
    Look, do you want gratuitous panty shots or don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Truer words.

Edens Zero: See Shiki, this is why you do not accept food cooked by strangers. And poor Labilia - She may be obnoxious and condescending, but no one deserving of whatever's happening to her.

Seven Deadly Sins: KotA: spoilers:
    *smacks forehead* How the hell could I have forgotten that Lancelot is part-fairy and Fairies have the art of transformation? Lancelot seems to be pursuing a knight with a star-shaped visor as well as Dubs. I'm assuming that Dubs was commissioned to create a weapon for him or he's seeking him out to repair the Coffin of Darkness, or both. And the Shining Road technique that he used to kill Fiddich looks like a more destructive take on his father's Snatch magic.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 02-02-2022 at 12:49 AM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.