The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Sounds like a honkin' terrible time, and allegedly they're going to park there for two weeks? Over here on the West Coast, things culminated on Saturday where they were booed out of the downtown core.
    *Gales of laughter* Nice!

They keep saying they're going to stick around for 'months' if necessary, but they've already bled out a lot of their people.

Meanwhile according to reports in Ottawa, traffic's blocked, people - who aren't hotel staffers, those guys are making a killing - are having difficulties getting to work, kids can't get to school, and logistics are catching up to out of towners to the point that they started taking their meals by harassing charity soup kitchens.
    There have been trucks driving around Elizabeth Bruyère, a palliative care hospital, honking their horns. Rocks have been thrown at paramedics and ambulances, racists epithets hurled at their drivers. The truckers have harassed workers from that hospital who are walking with masks on. Disabled people are trapped in their homes, unable to make appointments with cancer clinics (special buses can't get in) or get food (fortunately in the latter case, the neighbourhood is stepping up). Diesel smoke is in the air of those neighbourhoods all the time. Etc.

It's ugly, and our police are still sitting there saying 'But we're doing a good job, and it's peaceful' (I mean, if you ignore that it's doing all of the above). Meanwhile, people are pointing out that the cops moved on BLM and Indigenous protestors - sometimes with weapons - within 36 hours of sit-ins that were far more peaceful and far less disruptive (like, block one intersection), and sometimes even far more quickly than that.

Certainly they can protest, that's their right, and allegedly they want to demonstrate and get to the stage of dialogue. But with all the instances you listed above being met with whataboutsim before finally decrying and cleaning up - the war memorial and the statue of Terry Fox, at least - Trudeau's response being...basically nothing, and the opposition making this little more than a photo-op, regardless of what you might think about big media or gonzo Twitter coverage of the event, it all comes off to me as less a rally with a unified message than an unnecessarily disruptive and contrarian display.

About the nicest thing I can say about this is that they're cleaning up some of the garbage and haven't destroyed anything yet, except good will across the aisle.
    Agreed. With all of the above.

I mean, there are people in there who stand for exactly what they say they do, I'm sure (however I might disagree with them). Even so, they're not doing anything to stop the Nazi-Flag wavers in their own protesters, they're not stopping the people who are causing problems, they're not kicking people out who are causing problems...

...silence is complicity, especially since this is supposedly an 'organized, peaceful protest'. You let Nazis and racists and hooligans into your group and don't do anything about it, your group is now affiliated with Nazis and racists and hooligans.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Reading a weird manga, and end up in a part that dovetails beautifully with my 'fair fight' complaints. ^_^

Protagonist - ostensibly one of the 'bad guys', an invader who attacked the Earth - does one of those 'look over there!' distractions and hits one of the supposed good guys when the guy stupidly looks.

[Good Guy] You must have pulled that same 'dirty trick' on the other guy you killed!

[Protagonist] I don't see a referee here. Who's gonna give me a foul?

^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Edens Zero: See Shiki, this is why you do not accept food cooked by strangers. And poor Labilia - She may be obnoxious and condescending, but no one deserving of whatever's happening to her.

Seven Deadly Sins: KotA: spoilers:
    *smacks forehead* How the hell could I have forgotten that Lancelot is part-fairy and Fairies have the art of transformation? Lancelot seems to be pursuing a knight with a star-shaped visor as well as Dubs. I'm assuming that Dubs was commissioned to create a weapon for him or he's seeking him out to repair the Coffin of Darkness, or both. And the Shining Road technique that he used to kill Fiddich looks like a more destructive take on his father's Snatch magic.
    end of spoilers
    Edens Zero: To be fair, we don't know if the food is the bad thing yet. Labila has clearly had a rough timeskip, I'm really interested in hearing what she's been through.

Knights of the Apocalypse: spoilers:
    Lancelot doesn't play around. I almost feel bad for these holy knights given how efficiently and ruthlessly he dispatched all of them. But now we've got half the titular group gathered. Tristan will most likely be the third member, but wonder who the fourth one will be. I'm surprised that one of the until now movie exclusive characters is a part of the plot. Though I just realised that Jericho isn't with Lancelot, wonder where she's gone.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    *Gales of laughter* Nice!

They keep saying they're going to stick around for 'months' if necessary, but they've already bled out a lot of their people.

There have been trucks driving around Elizabeth Bruyère, a palliative care hospital, honking their horns. Rocks have been thrown at paramedics and ambulances, racists epithets hurled at their drivers. The truckers have harassed workers from that hospital who are walking with masks on. Disabled people are trapped in their homes, unable to make appointments with cancer clinics (special buses can't get in) or get food (fortunately in the latter case, the neighbourhood is stepping up). Diesel smoke is in the air of those neighbourhoods all the time. Etc.

It's ugly, and our police are still sitting there saying 'But we're doing a good job, and it's peaceful' (I mean, if you ignore that it's doing all of the above). Meanwhile, people are pointing out that the cops moved on BLM and Indigenous protestors - sometimes with weapons - within 36 hours of sit-ins that were far more peaceful and far less disruptive (like, block one intersection), and sometimes even far more quickly than that.

Agreed. With all of the above.

I mean, there are people in there who stand for exactly what they say they do, I'm sure (however I might disagree with them). Even so, they're not doing anything to stop the Nazi-Flag wavers in their own protesters, they're not stopping the people who are causing problems, they're not kicking people out who are causing problems...

...silence is complicity, especially since this is supposedly an 'organized, peaceful protest'. You let Nazis and racists and hooligans into your group and don't do anything about it, your group is now affiliated with Nazis and racists and hooligans.
    On the plus. Tucker Carlson (and the people, presumably, that watch his... "news") support the hate groups staging these 'peaceful protests'?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    On the plus. Tucker Carlson (and the people, presumably, that watch his... "news") support the hate groups staging these 'peaceful protests'?
    Some of the people organizing this thing, indeed, have a rather colourful past (sometimes recent past).

Others do not, but don't seem to have a problem associating with those who do, sooooo....

Good old Tucker Carlson. Always ready to jump in with a bon mot, or what he considers to be such. :P
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Edens Zero: To be fair, we don't know if the food is the bad thing yet. Labila has clearly had a rough timeskip, I'm really interested in hearing what she's been through.

Knights of the Apocalypse: spoilers:
    Lancelot doesn't play around. I almost feel bad for these holy knights given how efficiently and ruthlessly he dispatched all of them. But now we've got half the titular group gathered. Tristan will most likely be the third member, but wonder who the fourth one will be. I'm surprised that one of the until now movie exclusive characters is a part of the plot. Though I just realised that Jericho isn't with Lancelot, wonder where she's gone.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Dubs was originally mentioned in the manga to be the one Merlin commissioned to create the Coffin of Darkness, so he wasn't a movie-exclusive character. As for Jericho, it makes me wonder the knight he mentioned may have something to do with her disappearance or if Lancelot is just working solo at the moment. The Fourth Knight will presumably be King and Diane's kid, whoever they may be. Nakaba has been rather secretive about that.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

It’s been a while since I’ve seen it but something that I thought at the time of watching The Paper Tigers was that spoilers:
    they should have put more respect on the Tiger who stayed in martial arts after the others washed out. I know he didn’t have main character syndrome but he could’ve done more instead of being Worfed after like halfway through
    end of spoilers
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    It’s been a while since I’ve seen it but something that I thought at the time of watching The Paper Tigers was that spoilers:
    they should have put more respect on the Tiger who stayed in martial arts after the others washed out. I know he didn’t have main character syndrome but he could’ve done more instead of being Worfed after like halfway through
    end of spoilers
    I really enjoyed Ron Yuan's performance as Hing. I suspect his in-character knee problems were to cover that he, moreso than the other two, is not really action oriented, but he really was the heart of the team.

He still got the best fight in the movie though, wasted Andy Le - who would later go on to play Death Dealer lol

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I really enjoyed Ron Yuan's performance as Hing. I suspect his in-character knee problems were to cover that he, moreso than the other two, is not really action oriented, but he really was the heart of the team.

He still got the best fight in the movie though, wasted Andy Le - who would later go on to play Death Dealer lol
    Hing was a dope character for sure. Maybe the dope character
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Hing was a dope character for sure. Maybe the dope character
    "This is what happens when you PLAY WITH GROWN MEN!"

Honour, Hing!

My Dog Bell just died, she was so young only 38 weeks and a day old. died from internal bleeding. She was an American Hairless Terrier. I got her so that my old dog Smokie a Shih-Poo could have companion. She was sweet, but my old dog smokie didn't like her much. I tried to make it work.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    My Dog Bell just died, she was so young only 38 weeks and a day old. died from internal bleeding. She was an American Hairless Terrier. I got her so that my old dog Smokie a Shih-Poo could have companion. She was sweet, but my old dog smokie didn't like her much. I tried to make it work.
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Bruce. (gives a hug)
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Oh, so sorry for you loss.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.