Diss-missed!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Diss-missed!
    Yumeko! I think she's just not that into you.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Whelp, here we go - arrests starting in Downtown Ottawa. Hopefully things don't spiral downhill.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Got the Gravity Suit in Metroid Dread and felt might strong and mobile, then I ran into a giant spider-blob boss with laser breath who is really annoying with all his screen filling attacks.

But despite dying a lot I'm having fun fighting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Whelp, here we go - arrests starting in Downtown Ottawa. Hopefully things don't spiral downhill.
    I don't either, but part of me wants the police to treat these groups the same as they treat uh... groups with far less caustic political opinions.

Instead of... sort of just letting them get to this point (and supporting them tacitly)
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Stay safe, UK bros. I'm hearing that Eunice is nasty.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Stay safe, UK bros. I'm hearing that Eunice is nasty.
    It’s been interesting for most. Comparatively innocuous where I am, but then our weather tends to be 50 Shades of Bland.

A bit more frisky in London where Nik is.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It’s been interesting for most. Comparatively innocuous where I am, but then our weather tends to be 50 Shades of Bland.

As it happens, I'm in Yorkshire right now at a wedding so have avoided the worst of it.

Getting home tomorrow might be challenging as there are many trees on the lines.

New Texas Chainsaw Movie Out On Netflix.

spoilers:

And Old Man Leatherface can run, fight, set traps, break people's hands off and shrug off gunfire now.
    end of spoilers

So yeah, same steroids as Mikey.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Fire Force: I'm not sure what I think of the two latest chapters. Everything just gets tied up real neat in a way that sort of make sense for the story and is grand.

But it also just undoes all of the consequences and losses from the entire series so it's a bit too sugar coated for me as well. It's interesting but it feels too easy.

spoilers:
    Also did not need to see Rekka and make a joke regarding Nataku's trauma about that asshole.
    end of spoilers

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As it happens, I'm in Yorkshire right now at a wedding so have avoided the worst of it.

Getting home tomorrow might be challenging as there are many trees on the lines.
    Stay in place if you got to, but glad you guys have avoided the worst of it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

New Texas Chainsaw Movie Out On Netflix.

spoilers:

And Old Man Leatherface can run, fight, set traps, break people's hands off and shrug off gunfire now.
    end of spoilers

So yeah, same steroids as Mikey.
    But does he have Mikey's new Freddy-esque zenkai boost?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Fire Force: I'm not sure what I think of the two latest chapters. Everything just gets tied up real neat in a way that sort of make sense for the story and is grand.

But it also just undoes all of the consequences and losses from the entire series so it's a bit too sugar coated for me as well. It's interesting but it feels too easy.

spoilers:
    Also did not need to see Rekka and make a joke regarding Nataku's trauma about that asshole.
    end of spoilers
    I agree, seeing spoilers:
    Rekka
    end of spoilers back like nothing had happened was a bit wild.

I'm okay with this ending embracing a more sort of magical fantasy feel given that that's the world that Shinra created. It is a bit tonally jarring given that we were in the like stygian pits of global existential despair like five chapters ago but I'm okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There were cracks forming the moment the leadership of this ostensibly leaderless movement began shifting ranks and playing optics.

One jackass who I won't name here, specifically threatened to overthrow Trudeau and was a frontman speaker on their little soundstage, yet the moment his inflammatory and overtly racist participation in the Yellow Vest and Wexit movements a few years ago were brought up - which he vlogged and uploaded in his own words - he was suddenly 'not a representative'.

Today this same guy vlogged himself getting pulled over and arrested. That revolutionary bluster suddenly evaporated and now he's a law abiding citizen, ooh, what happened? -_-;

Others are trying to play at this with some social martyrdom angle as they sit in a downtown hotel 'war room' drinking martinis while the actual working people people they roped into this continue to play the fool.

Of course, the political grifting and whataboutisms keep flying. While I likewise hope things don't spiral out of control, this is going to be a sticking point in the next election that is assuredly going to stoke further division.