Extraordinary Member

Huh, it's been announced that there will be a sequel series to Konjiki no Gash/Gash Bell! coming in march.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Huh, it's been announced that there will be a sequel series to Konjiki no Gash/Gash Bell! coming in march.
    Well, with Vector Ball being not super successful, I'm not surprised to hear this.

I'm iffy on what one would do with a sequel series but I trust Raiku. He's an unconventional but ultimately very solid writer.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Raid Remake In Development From Michael Bay And Original Director
    https://screenrant.com/raid-remake-m...ation-details/
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    The Raid Remake In Development From Michael Bay And Original Director
    https://screenrant.com/raid-remake-m...ation-details/
    Absolutely no need to remake that film

Yeah, Dredd already exists.

...and I'm sad again.

and Extraction was basically Western The Raid anyway... just remove the awesome fights, with pewpew gun.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Remakes these days
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Remakes
    I offer the following correction to that statement

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I offer the following correction to that statement
    The first remake of the Thing is a classic tho

Well americanzied remakes of foreign flims have been good like The Departed. American remakes of foreign flims aren't anything new. Hollywood's been doing them for a long time now. Since 1938 going by the foreign remake trope.
    My Forum check it out

I heard the Departed was a terrible distortion of Infernal Affairs tbh. Only saw the original for that reason and liked it a bunch.

I'm not against remakes though, but I think they only have value if they have something the original doesn't and/or comment on it in some way, which a lot of newer remakes don't seem interested in doing now.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I would say the key difference is between "remake" and "adaptation".

As Mailed says, if you want to do something transformative and new with an existing property, fine. But if you're just doing it the same but less interesting then what's the point.

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: We get a discussion between some CP0 agents here that I'm interpreting like this.

spoilers:
    Agent 1: New orders from the Gorosei. They want us to kill Straw Hat Luffy immediately.

Agent 2: What, why? He's fighting Kaido right now and shit is crazy. I can go in after they're done.

Agent 1: Nope. Do it now. We have to prevent the worst case scenario.

Agent 2: What worst case scenario?

Agent 1: Ok, so the Gorosei are a bunch of really old dudes to they forgot to properly hang up their transponder snail and I heard them mentioning something about how our higher ups have captured princess Vivi of Alabasta and Sabo of the revolutionaries.

Agent 2: ...you mean the princess who is basically an unofficial member of the Straw Hat crew and the man who is basically Monkey D. Luffy's second adopted brother?

Agent 1: Yup. And we know this because of our massive spy information network. And we also know that when, not if but WHEN, Monkey D. Luffy finds out that the World Government has taken the two aformentioned people that he holds VERY dear and near prisoner, then Monkey D. Luffy will come here along with his crew and the massive army of followers they have garnered from across the world, and they. Will. Destroy. Us. We have seen it done before when it should have been impossible. But it's happened multiple times now and by this point Monkey D. Luffy is clearly on par with a Yonko in terms of power and influence. So yeah. Kill him. Kill him NOW! Kill him before he destroys us.
    end of spoilers