Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Do you do cool animations for your hauntings?
    Generally just make you relive that time you said "thanks, you too." to a waiter/waitress when they asked you to enjoy your meal.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Generally just make you relive that time you said "thanks, you too." to a waiter/waitress when they asked you to enjoy your meal.
    Then I will stick with the cool animations and questionable but largely entertaining analysis, thank you very much.

I have avoided all those waiters and don't need to be reminded of their existence ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I don't actually watch it (or anything by Rooster Teeth), I just complain. ^_^
    I watch it AND complain when I don't like an episode!

And this newest episode... is a solid "meh" for me.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Opm 160:

spoilers:
    OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING!! GAROU VS SAITAMA!!
    end of spoilers
    Yes, this, pretty damn excited. REALLY don't want to wait for the next issue.

As an aside, how lucky a horseshoe does King have up his ass? How many times does Saitama show up out of nowhere to save him?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

As an aside, how lucky a horseshoe does King have up his ass? How many times does Saitama show up out of nowhere to save him?
    King's powers are Gaming Master and Super Luck.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Baki

spoilers:

Annnnd Jack just took down Sukune.

Don't think anyone was surprised by that.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    King's powers are Gaming Master and Super Luck.
    What Guy said. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that he actually did have some kind of luck power in later chapters.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Baki

spoilers:

Annnnd Jack just took down Sukune.

Don't think anyone was surprised by that.
    end of spoilers
    The powerscaling in Baki has always been hilariously inconsistent, but it's just so silly now. And the fights all feel like filler for Itagaki to pan out the series at this point. Just let Baki have a proper final brawl with his ******* of a father already.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

What Guy said. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that he actually did have some kind of luck power in later chapters.
    Revealing that King actually has any kind of super power, even a minor luck power, would honestly take away a lot of the charm of his character if you ask me.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Revealing that King actually has any kind of super power, even a minor luck power, would honestly take away a lot of the charm of his character if you ask me.
    Yeah, I agree with that.

Unless his super power was something totally bizarre like he emits a certain pheromone when he's completely terrified that attracts wandering Saitamas. I could maybe accept that.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Opm 160:

spoilers:
    OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING!! GAROU VS SAITAMA!!
    end of spoilers
    I mean, if they are actually following the beats from the webcomic, I think we should have another chapter before they actually get into it.

But then, they seem to be kind of ignoring the beats from the webcomic these days so...

Eh... I'm just struggling to be excited for this one, the build has really been kinda messed up in my opinion. Murata's art remains great, set pieces remain top notch and all that and I sincerely hope that this conflict gets bumped up in scale appropriately like everything else has... but I just don't have that much excitement for it.

Extraordinary Member

From what I remember of the original web comic pretty much every other hero was down for the count all across the battlefield and Garou was the only opponent left. And to just prove how bad he is he starts goading the heroes to stop him before he kills the kid he'd befriended... but nobody gets up and Garou is just a bit unsure how to act so he keeps talking about how he's gonna run after the kid and kill him to provoke the situation. Then Saitama shows up that the kid went the other direction to where Garou's pointing. At this point Garou is kinda relieved that anybody showed up so that he can fight instead of going through with his threat. Then he has to fight Saitama and that goes as expected.

It's a more interesting setup than what we got here. The Murata drawn version is still cool and I do love a lot of the expanded material, especially the character development for the S-class heroes. But the situation is more cluttered with other subplots that have kept this arc going for way longer than the original, and this stand off feels a bit more generic in general. I'm looking forward to the fight, but there's been so much fighting this entire arc.

From what I remember of the original web comic pretty much every other hero was down for the count all across the battlefield and Garou was the only opponent left. And to just prove how bad he is he starts goading the heroes to stop him before he kills the kid he'd befriended... but nobody gets up and Garou is just a bit unsure how to act so he keeps talking about how he's gonna run after the kid and kill him to provoke the situation. Then Saitama shows up that the kid went the other direction to where Garou's pointing. At this point Garou is kinda relieved that anybody showed up so that he can fight instead of going through with his threat. Then he has to fight Saitama and that goes as expected.
    There was actually little more to it than that.

Saitama was already there when Garou was messing up the S-Class team and, while he kept trying to intervene, both Zombie Man and Atomic Samurai are both like; "I can't let this lowly B-Class Hero throw his life away," and make silly appeals to Flashy Flash's honour to get Saitama to stay on the bench. You also have ugly child present, seeing the heroes gang up on Garou and straight up attempt to murder him and realising that heroism is just another form of violence.

Then you have the bit with him pretending that he's about to murder the child.

As you say, it has a bit more going on thematically.

I am audibly booing at the new chapter of One Piece.

I don't know what this is going to be exactly but I reeeeeaaallly don't like this direction.