Page 18 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228681185181018 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i posted a update vid on my channel, talking about why i haven't been uploading much and promoting my book. just 7 minutes long.

5 minutes after i posted it, i get a strike because it violated some guideline that i can't tell what it is. it says it's spam and/or telling people to go to another site or some bullshit.

i appealed it and they got back to me. they upheld it. so not only can i not make a dime off my vids but and i got a strike on my channel, it seems i can't talk about my book on my channel.
    Well that's just dumb. Have you considered making a facebook or wordpress page for the book and getting the word out on social media?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Well that's just dumb. Have you considered making a facebook or wordpress page for the book and getting the word out on social media?
    i wasn't before. now i will have to since this bullshit.

thankfully, i've got a large following in the pearshipping community.

and new fans thanks to zelda and sonic.

i wasn't before. now i will have to since this bullshit.
    Sorry to hear that man. But this might be easier to control than having to constantly worry about fiddling with Youtube.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

meanwhile, time for riffing.

https://www.twitch.tv/rvtentertainment

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

i posted a update vid on my channel, talking about why i haven't been uploading much and promoting my book. just 7 minutes long.

5 minutes after i posted it, i get a strike because it violated some guideline that i can't tell what it is. it says it's spam and/or telling people to go to another site or some bullshit.

i appealed it and they got back to me. they upheld it. so not only can i not make a dime off my vids but and i got a strike on my channel, it seems i can't talk about my book on my channel.
    Ah, YouTube. A train wreck nobody has the option of jumping off from.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

That's some amazing BS, Read.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Don't worry, it's worse than you're thinking. :P
    Hooray!

Definitely. I prefer games that have a thematic focus over a "try to account for absolutely everything" sandbox.
    Generic rules -- especially ones made to deal with all manner of genres -- give me hives.

Interesting. Haven't seen that one yet.
    Dream Pod 9 did Jovian Chronicles and Heavy Gear. Some other stuff, as well, that clearly I feel isn't worth remembering.

It's mostly for the sake of narrative/setting immersion. The alien characters will prefer their tech over Earth tech, and won't use magic, witches refuse to use tech of either sort.

For combat, there's some elemental weaknesses, i.e. the demon that can turn into a chemical cloud can't be physically damaged in that state, but takes double damage from flames and can be Hindered by ice.
    But the qualifiers -- tech, magic, psychic, whatever -- have no effect?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Generic rules -- especially ones made to deal with all manner of genres -- give me hives.
    They give me gas.

Yes, that’s right. GURPS gives me burps.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    They give me gas.

Yes, that’s right. GURPS gives me burps.
    GURPS, ugh.

I mean, there are people who love GURPS and make it work.

Those people just aren't me.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

But the qualifiers -- tech, magic, psychic, whatever -- have no effect?
    I didn't really have that intention, at least in terms of combat, it's more for character flavor. Although if you wanted, you could probably incorporate that into the combat as modifiers if you wanted. The primary enemy, the demons, are all magical by nature and tend to eschew technology, so beating them along a weakness system is more about finding their elemental weakness. It's weak to fire, but you don't have magic fireballs or pyrokinesis? This alien heat ray might do the trick!

You're not likely to, say, fight an out of control robot that's immune to magic, or fight a demon that just no sells technology. You could do that, though, if you really wanted. Wasn't my intention, but the game allows for some added bits of crunch where desired.

Where the qualifiers would really matter normally would be in the Challenges. Say the mission involves finding a downed alien spacecraft to salvage parts. In that case, you can change the Skill List to include "Alien Tech" as a separate category, and you may need to find or use specific alien tech to access the craft. (The Skill List can be modified a bit if you know certain skills will be useless to a campaign, such as Drive when no vehicles will be involved, or if you want to split something like technology into Mechanics and Computing or something like that).

Likewise, if the campaign involves curing someone of a permanent Charm Spell, you'll either need psionics of a special sort, or you will more likely have to use a magic spell, and gather components for it.

Okay, cool. Makes sense. Thanks!
    Why are we here?

Okay, cool. Makes sense. Thanks!
    Thanks for the review!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Latest chapter of Hinomaru Zumo is excellent. I've been a bit on the fence about the series to be honest, I actually fell off for a long while but I went back recently and caught up and I'm very impressed by the direction it's been taking, this most recent chapter being a capstone.

It's really quite emblematic of how storytelling in manga at large has evolved over the years.

spoilers:
    You flat out would not have had a protagonist, strong man type character in a shonen-ass shonen sports series admitting his fears of injury and abandonment in such a candid way as Ushio just did and being presented as such an important moment of his mental development and mental health.
    end of spoilers

In a series that is about big beefy guys having big beefy fights, it's very interesting that the most impactful moment in the series thus far for me was two characters talking in a hotel room.

Between this and Ippo, sports manga have been on a really good kick of introspection recently.

Well Infigured that outcome.

And the fanboy on me is rooting for Optimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Oh God, the sheer amount of unconnected sources they're going to pull feats from for Optimus already makes my brain hurt