The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    HAZBIN HOTEL As A Horror Story Art And Story By PopCross

Angel Dust is based on a spider but doesn't entirely look like one but I'm having this as a link just in case.
    Appreciate that.

I'm only 'bugged' by hyper-realistic spiders or real ones. Shelob, LOTR, would give me a brief jump-scare before my phobia said 'Not spider, relax'.

Has something to do with the movement, and CGI still hasn't figured it out well enough.

Having said that, some CGI movement has actually nailed it, and I've had phobic flashes from the oddest stuff. So better safe than sorry! ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Appreciate that.

I'm only 'bugged' by hyper-realistic spiders or real ones. Shelob, LOTR, would give me a brief jump-scare before my phobia said 'Not spider, relax'.

Has something to do with the movement, and CGI still hasn't figured it out well enough.

Having said that, some CGI movement has actually nailed it, and I've had phobic flashes from the oddest stuff. So better safe than sorry! ^_^
    Understandable. I'm the same with snakes, particularly cobras. *shudders*
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Understandable. I'm the same with snakes, particularly cobras. *shudders*
    Phobias are a real thing. Sorry to hear about the snakes, man.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Spiders for me, snakes for my Dad.

Growing up in a house infested with Brown Recluses, to the point of occasionally waking up to find them crawling on my bed, and at least one egg sac hatch in my room, did not exactly help. It's a small miracle I somehow never got bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Spiders for me, snakes for my Dad.

Growing up in a house infested with Brown Recluses, to the point of occasionally waking up to find them crawling on my bed, and at least one egg sac hatch in my room, did not exactly help. It's a small miracle I somehow never got bit.
    Ugh, yeah. I mean, phobias are 'irrational' fears. But 'fear of Brown Recluse', there's nothing irrational about that (unless I'm terrified of bumping into one in Ottawa, which is wandering into irrational territory again).

Having a phobia AND Brown Recluse spiders in the area sounds very nasty; engages both the rational and irrational fears. :(

Sorry, man. Very glad you never got bit.
    Why are we here?

Beat my first play through for Elden Ring. 138 hours, what a game and to top it off I still want to play again but as a mage now
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Beat my first play through for Elden Ring. 138 hours, what a game and to top it off I still want to play again but as a mage now
    A gateway drug.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Ugh, yeah. I mean, phobias are 'irrational' fears. But 'fear of Brown Recluse', there's nothing irrational about that (unless I'm terrified of bumping into one in Ottawa, which is wandering into irrational territory again).

Having a phobia AND Brown Recluse spiders in the area sounds very nasty; engages both the rational and irrational fears.

Sorry, man. Very glad you never got bit.
    Thanks. And me too!

The worst part is, I would say we have poisonous spiders and usually get dismissed with "you just think all spiders are poisonous!" And I'm like, "No, I know what I'm talking about, these things are bad news bears." Thing is, we used to have other kinds of spiders too, but the Recluses muscled them all out after a few years.

We had a bug guy come spray once a year or so, but it didn't do hardly anything. If I'd know about pest control at the time, I would have lined my whole room with those glue trap things. :B

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

It's a small miracle I somehow never got bit.
    Well, maybe some words of wisdom from my Dad will bring you a measure of solace. "What would they do with your dead body?"

The point of that macabre observation is poisonous spiders or snakes don't WANT to kill you. You are WAY to big to eat, and they need that poison for other threats. They want to be left alone, and if they don't think you're actively trying to squish them, they'll stay away from you.

That said spiders crawling all over my bed would probably creep me out too. The one time that happened to me, it was tent at summer camp and at least those were known non-poisonous spiders granddaddy long-legs.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hajime no Ippo:

People need to stop looking significantly at each other and saying how strong Ippo might be. We get it George, we know that he is a tough lad.

No need to labour the point any further.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well, maybe some words of wisdom from my Dad will bring you a measure of solace. "What would they do with your dead body?"

The point of that macabre observation is poisonous spiders or snakes don't WANT to kill you. You are WAY to big to eat, and they need that poison for other threats. They want to be left alone, and if they don't think you're actively trying to squish them, they'll stay away from you.

That said spiders crawling all over my bed would probably creep me out too. The one time that happened to me, it was tent at summer camp and at least those were known non-poisonous spiders granddaddy long-legs.
    Well, that's the thing, if they're everywhere, it's really easy to accidentally roll over on to one, or put your hand on one, or one of them crawls between your sheets or your clothes, and they bite you in a panic when they suddenly get knocked against your skin, which is how the majority of bites happen.

When it comes to spiders, I find another wisdom comes to mind: "For every one you see, there's a thousand you don't." ; )

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

When it comes to spiders, I find another wisdom comes to mind: "For every one you see, there's a thousand you don't." ; )
    I heard that about rats, but yeah... True for spiders too.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hajime no Ippo:

People need to stop looking significantly at each other and saying how strong Ippo might be. We get it George, we know that he is a tough lad.

No need to labour the point any further.
    But he's retired and will totally not ever return to the ring. So the best we can do is ponder just how powerful he would be in the ring.

Yup, never ever returning to the ring.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    But he's retired and will totally not ever return to the ring. So the best we can do is ponder just how powerful he would be in the ring.

Yup, never ever returning to the ring.
    He's definitely never ever coming back ever.

For sure for keeps.

Actually you know what? I want Ippo to continue to get strong so aggressively that he's eventually doing Saitama stuff on accident but still have him never get in the ring again.