The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Even Momon got a moment to be a badass.

Momon.

The pervy rabbit guy. Even he got a chance to get over.

Man, even Radauex got to be cool. Zatch Bell is such a well balanced series in terms of its supporting cast.
    Truth. Which I find to be terribly important.

Very little is worse for me than a story where the supporting characters are completely overshadowed by the protagonist and don't actually do anything meaningful (or whatever they accomplish is reversed).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If you thought Nami and Robin were bouncy before.

...just noticed that Franky isn't in that picture and that's weird.
    Neither is Jimbe. Maybe they were too wide?

Miss Tohru's Dragon Maid.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Hmm…….

Do an original mech RPG next or do something different and do a Gundam one……
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 04-09-2022 at 06:17 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Hmm…….

TBH IMHO, neither. Mecha RPGs always run into problems with character interactions. The bigger the Mech, the fewer chances there are for character interaction and development.

If you want to do a Sci Fi Mecha type RPG, make the Mech small, like AI Armor or something like Bubblegum.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Hmm…….

What about Hy-Brasil?
    My Forum check it out

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Hmm…….

Mech games can be fun. There are just a couple of things to consider.

1. Many times mech games are military games. As has been noted in the past, military or even quasi-military organizations (like military stuff disguised as exploratory organizations, aka Starfleet) are big on ranks and command structure. Many players don't take well to having npc's order them around (and to be honest, from what I've witnessed here that is the case on Rumbles), and npc's of higher ranks shouldn't take well to players sassing off to them, ignoring their orders, doing their own thing (and this sort of shit should have consequences, in-game). Something that really needs to be considered (I have zero issues with this, my tabletop players have never had issues with this - honestly, it's fun to be able to 'carry out missions' while RPing on off times, it's fun to work within that culture/structure, and always amusing to figure out the overarching plot - but I've noted it being something of an issue on Rumbles).

2. It's can be hard to 100% personalize mechs. Sure, one can say 'everyone has mechs that are completely personalized and so forth, but unless they are 'magical mechs with all kinds of weird powers', there are going to be serious similarities - at the end of the day, they're mechs, if the science is remotely logical there are only so many weapon/defense/propulsion systems, etc. Some players don't like that (I'm perfectly fine with this, myself - it's more about the pilot, for me, even if every pilot is a completely normal human).

That said, for me a good military mech game is bucketloads of fun. There's always some kind of hidden plot (ie, what's really going on, often having to do with finding out that one's own military is doing the dirty and needs to be stopped), there's time for tons of good interaction in 'downtime', it's interesting to picture the characters yelling back and forth inside their cockpits and to describe things from THAT limited point of view, etc.

While I have extremely mixed feelings about a poster that is no longer with us - their name similar to 'Major Britain' - their mech game was looking pretty interesting, had actual ranking structure and a semi-realistic military setup, setting seemed interesting, the mech system was fun, some personalization was possible with the mechs, etc. While not really being up for the kind of rapid, short posting we see on Rumbles, I had joined that game not as a pilot, but as a former-pilot-now-operations-officer (ie, support character). Had some great ideas for where the character could go, was looking forward to some interactions with the pilots, that kind of thing.

Pity the game died on the runway, so to speak.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Froggy did a Mech RPG, but it never got off the ground. I even made a character for the RPG.
    My Forum check it out

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

The brilliant nonsense continues.

Realistic Sora is a bit wird (where are his giant feet?).

And cudos to the japanese VA for Hades. I've never heard japanese Hades before, but you can hear that it's Hades without actually seeing him.

And cudos to the japanese VA for Hades. I've never heard japanese Hades before, but you can hear that it's Hades without actually seeing him.
    He's also learned new tricks from Gurren Lagann:

"Mine is the Key-Drill that will pierce the Heavens!"

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Isn't this like 9 days late?

He grew into them? It looks like he's hit another growth spurt and maybe the rest of his body finally caught up with his shoes.

I couldn't really tell without the blue flame theme.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!