Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Word's going around that Sega's working on a Streets of Rage movie.

Whatever direction the story goes, however they block out the fight scenes, the soundtrack is already good to go, whether they want to use Yuzo Koshiro's tracks or just go full 90s house.

The funny thing is that there is actually a movie called Streets of Rage that came out in 1994 but has nothing to do with Sega's game. entirely different thing.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'm intereted, but I'd need to know more to decide if I'd play
    I guess posting a discussion thread would be worth it. I just posted a discussion thread, curious as to the response it receives.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-23-2022 at 03:31 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

So occasionally I dip my toe into some summaries of current comics.

The Avengers line-up just changed.

New line-up, ignoring Cap and Nighthawk, apparently includes Blade, Man-Thing, Iron Man, Thor, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Namor, Star Brand and Echo as the current Phoenix host.

And they’re going off to fight the Serpent Society.

Bwah. Bwahaha. Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaaa…

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So occasionally I dip my toe into some summaries of current comics.

The Avengers line-up just changed.

New line-up, ignoring Cap and Nighthawk, apparently includes Blade, Man-Thing, Iron Man, Thor, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Namor, Star Brand and Echo as the current Phoenix host.

And they’re going off to fight the Serpent Society.

Bwah. Bwahaha. Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaaa…
    Laugh while you can until it's revealed that the Serpent Society all have their own cosmic cube >_>
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Laugh while you can until it's revealed that the Serpent Society all have their own cosmic cube >_>
    With Thor, Star-Brand and a Phoenix, they still might lose.

So I just read a major spoiler for Black Clover.

spoilers:
    Wizard King Julius was a villain this whole time. Turns out Julius is actually Lucius Zogratis, the 4th Zogratis.
    end of spoilers
    My Forum check it out

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: spoilers:
    Oda has apparently said that it would be too predictable if Kaido was defeated with just a big punch and that he'll do something different. So I'm wondering what Ruffy is actually aiming for here.
    end of spoilers

My Hero Academia: spoilers:
    The heat Dabi generates can melt solid statues as a side effect. Shoto can withstand that heat and getting smashed around a lot. Very cool. Even cooler is calling out Dabi for letting his grudge spill out and hurt people not involved in it
    end of spoilers

Black Clover: Oh shit, that is a one major plot twist right before a break.

This is definitely in my top 100 of best Anime EDs.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    One Piece: spoilers:
    Oda has apparently said that it would be too predictable if Kaido was defeated with just a big punch and that he'll do something different. So I'm wondering what Ruffy is actually aiming for here.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    But then what will he do to defeat Kaido, considering that Luffy doesn't have much in his toolbox beyond 'hit it until he wins'.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    But then what will he do to defeat Kaido, considering that Luffy doesn't have much in his toolbox beyond 'hit it until he wins'.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Right. And though it may be what happens almost every time, it is pretty much allways extremely satisfying when Luffy lands the final blow on his opponent.

I don't know, maybe it's a misquote or fake quote or something. Or the punch just destroys Onigashima and he finishes off Kaido with a wrestling move. We'll see.
    end of spoilers

And speaking of One Piece, the latest episode (1015) is absolutely gorgeous! One of the best animated single episodes I've seen in ages, and it goes a great way in giving Yamato more characterization as well as giving his connection to Ace some further depth.

My Forum check it out

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yay for new Kill Six Billion Demons all the time. Boo for character not explaining the pain scale. Doctors NEVER do that, and then get erroneous results because everyone interprets it subjectively.

I used to think that 'Pain Level 8-10 is I Am Dying From My Pain' and as such, never used those numbers. No, that's like...10. I also used to think 'I can't do stuff, but I walk around okay, so I guess what, a five?' Nope, that's six to seven.

Public service announcement.

Pain Scale.jpg

Don't lowball your pain when speaking to the doctor, it just means they're more likely to dismiss your problems.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate