The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    More on my reading random current Marvel solicits and previews etc.

Thunderbolts these days is just another superhero team, isn’t it?

It’s not got any original members (unless you count Hawkeye), and unless you kinda vaguely count Persuasion (Purple Girl), no reformed criminals. It’s so far away from its original conceit that they could just have called it anything, basically.

Hawkeye, Spectrum, America Chavez, Power Man, Persuasion and random new guy.

That might as well be Defenders, Champions, Warriors… bleh. What’s the point?
    Keep using old characters to bring in their old fans and get them to pay money for a new book?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Hits really weird when someone literally rushes out of the store with loads of merch in hand right in front of the entire staff at work.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ...Hits really weird when someone literally rushes out of the store with loads of merch in hand right in front of the entire staff at work.
    Like shoplifting or just really keen to get out of there with their merch?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    More on my reading random current Marvel solicits and previews etc.

Thunderbolts these days is just another superhero team, isn’t it?

It’s not got any original members (unless you count Hawkeye), and unless you kinda vaguely count Persuasion (Purple Girl), no reformed criminals. It’s so far away from its original conceit that they could just have called it anything, basically.

Hawkeye, Spectrum, America Chavez, Power Man, Persuasion and random new guy.

That might as well be Defenders, Champions, Warriors… bleh. What’s the point?
    I think the idea here is that they're reversing the gimmick. Having Actual Heroes who are wanted as Supervillains

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Like shoplifting or just really keen to get out of there with their merch?
    The former. Rainy day and dude just rushes out, throws the stuff right onto the back of his pickup, and drove off.

...We took a photo of his truck plates so frankly, he'll be caught. But still.

Seven Deadly Sins - KOtA: spoilers:
    So, we got Pellegarde taking on Pelio and Gorgius (which shocked the hell out of me since I thought he died during the war), while Percival and the others hang back. Pelio's magic is essentially "inverted controls", which is a very useful ability to have in a fight with an aggressive powerhouse. Of course, while this restricts his physical actions, it has no effect on his Magic. We also get our first real look at Gawain (though I looked back on Chapter 58 and found out that she was in the same crowd that Tristan and co. were in and literally walked passed them). It's a bit surprising to me that she's female since it's been stated in previous chapters, including in the original prophecy in Chapter 6, that Gawain was a dude. Either there's a twist to this(especially since Nakaba was playing with their silhouette's shape quite a bit) or if Nakaba decided to subvert expectations by making Gawain female instead, which is also cool. And is that Escanor's Sunshine that she's using?
    end of spoilers

Choujin X: Ah...There's that soul-rending despair that I expect from Ishida. Dammit, I always suspected that there was something suspiciously off-kilter about Tokio's supposed "best friend", and now he just fatally injured most of Tokio's friends just so he can force him to fight.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-26-2022 at 01:04 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I've always appreciated how the Modern Martial Artist breaks down techniques in combat sports, and today's release coincides with a bit of a trivial research hole I've gone down for shoulder rolls, Philly shells, and defensively fighting in the pocket.

As a bit of a casual observer always behind the current scene, this channel's film studies are pretty great references for breaking down the sequences and has been pretty helpful for conceptualizing/drawing action gestures.

BANNED

anyone here heard of the GBA game "Shining Force: The Resurrection of the Dark Dragon"? It's a really fun game, and I've only just finished it.

Man, I played Shining Force and Shining Force II on the Mega Drive back in the mists of time…

…while at university…

… damn I’m old.

BANNED

dude. get an emu and play SF:RDD without mawlock, and you'll cry. that unit is a crutch.
    SF:RDD is short for Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon.

BANNED

as for shining force 1 (non-remake), damn that was hard. I got to Darksol and was like, "time to get the tissue paper, I'm gonna be beat so hard my emu is gonna crash".
    Mawlock is an evil character in terms of how you can 1-unit-win with him, while Darksol can crush your dreams and tear your mages to shreds. pain.
    AND THEN THERE'S THE DRAGON. I lost all my money fighting Dark Dragon, and then just quit. SF1 is harder bc of power balance issues. SF:RDD is just not fun at the end.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Seven Deadly Sins - KOtA: spoilers:
    So, we got Pellegarde taking on Pelio and Gorgius (which shocked the hell out of me since I thought he died during the war), while Percival and the others hang back. Pelio's magic is essentially "inverted controls", which is a very useful ability to have in a fight with an aggressive powerhouse. Of course, while this restricts his physical actions, it has no effect on his Magic. We also get our first real look at Gawain (though I looked back on Chapter 58 and found out that she was in the same crowd that Tristan and co. were in and literally walked passed them). It's a bit surprising to me that she's female since it's been stated in previous chapters, including in the original prophecy in Chapter 6, that Gawain was a dude. Either there's a twist to this(especially since Nakaba was playing with their silhouette's shape quite a bit) or if Nakaba decided to subvert expectations by making Gawain female instead, which is also cool. And is that Escanor's Sunshine that she's using?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    *looks up chapter 58* Hah, there Gawain is on all three panels. It at least confirms that Tristan had no idea what she looked like without an armor. As for the prophecy and Gawain's gender, it could be that Gawain identifies as a male and the prophecy is just respectful enough to take that into consideration. Which would be neat. Or the person reading out the prophecy made an incorrect interpretation which I would also like. Either way, Gawain is here. Looking forward to seeing the four knights interacting. And Gawain of the myths did have a Sunshine-ish ability, so it might be that this Gawain has inherited it from Mael somehow.

The knight looking like Gorgius could be some other knight that modelled their armor after Gorgius', or a relative.
    end of spoilers

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.