JLAvengers?
    Yep, yep, saw it from a post lol

Pretty funny to see judgemental Superman

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Yep, yep, saw it from a post lol

Pretty funny to see judgemental Superman

Ah yes, the mentality that Supes had during this crossover event that launched the infamous "Their Problems are Over There" meme.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Ah yes, the mentality that Supes had during this crossover event that launched the infamous "Their Problems are Over There" meme.
    I think that was a different comic book that launched that meme. The Superman: Grounded arc I believe.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I think that was a different comic book that launched that meme. The Superman: Grounded arc I believe.
    That is correct.

The posted images are from the JLA/Avengers crossover (good luck making that happen again). And it should be pointed out that Superman's behaviour is at least noted as being out of character in the series. Captain America was acting similarly in the mini. Both of them were being affected by their universes being merged.

The "Their problems are over there" thing is from the Grounded arc of JMS' Superman run, pretty early on in it.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 05-30-2022 at 02:12 PM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Trying to read a not so great Manhwa named 'The World After The Fall'. Pretty generic sort of 'MMORPG situation but reality in some awful way, people die', would not recommend so far, will probably drop it Edit: have done so, despite the 'twist' it's still bleh. However, the central character goes through this amusing description of himself and his approach.

"I started climbing the tower later than the other Walkers. So I missed out on a lot of stuff like Hidden Skills and Hidden Classes."

"That's why I decided to forget about all other skills and focus on one thing."

"Stabbing!"

*stabbing montage begins*

"Just stabbing...and more stabbing..."

*stabbing montage continues*

"After stabbing enemies roughly 50 million times, I became the stabbing master among my companions."

[Me] *stops reading this ridiculousness for a moment* He's...me.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-31-2022 at 05:43 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Seven Deadly Sins - 4KoTA: Okaaay, I am definitely going to re-categorize Gawain into the "Precious Child" corner for the time being along with Anya, Eri and Kanna. There, there. (headpats Gawain)

And wow, talk about unexpected - but appreciated - fanservice. I wonder if this means that spoilers:
    the other Commandments will be revived and altered by Chaos or if it's just Melacula and Garland.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Trying to read a not so great Manhwa named 'The World After The Fall'. Pretty generic sort of 'MMORPG situation but reality in some awful way, people die', would not recommend so far, will probably drop it Edit: have done so, despite the 'twist' it's still bleh. However, the central character goes through this amusing description of himself and his approach.

"I started climbing the tower later than the other Walkers. So I missed out on a lot of stuff like Hidden Skills and Hidden Classes."

"Stabbing!"

"After stabbing enemies roughly 50 million times, I became the stabbing master among my companions."

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Stabbing!"

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Pretty much, except it's not even a technique. Honestly, the more I got into the manga before quitting, the more I figured the writer was taking some inspiration from One-Punch Man.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Sharp the Weeper reference or just general irony? Hm...

^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Also, todays Gunnerkrigg Court really hits the nail on the head.
    Why are we here?

"Stabbing!"

Okay I won't check this out. Now back to continue waiting for the next chapter of Shotgun Boy.
    My Forum check it out