That woman is determined to fill her life with adventure. Although I suspect she might be the mother of Florida Man.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    ...adventure...
    I am unsure that's what it should be called. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Beadle, I just want to register my very measured and tiny hope here.

I don't think he's gonna go down from this but I think it's gonna be mighty close and, like Theresa May before him, might prove fatal in the long run.

If he does go down, I am going to laugh so hard, I'm going to rupture something.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I haven't watched Death Battle in a long time and I'm not sure I'll watch this but...

Manga Tetsuo, at his peak, creates (as I recall) an 8.9 magnitude earthquake while "playing" with Akira, catches lasers with his bare hands, regenerates from paste in seconds, flies directly through and blocks a beam that was meant to eradicate all of Neo-Tokyo from the face of the earth and effortlessly tears a crater roughly three times the size of Texas in the surface of the moon.

Dude is high level. Ridiculously high level.

I know DB tends to be liberal in their application of feats and capacities and all that but, this feels a bit off.

Goddamit, I watched the thing and there's so many ridiculous assertions in there about how both Magneto and Tetsuo work.

Also, the animation has Tetsuo deciding to punch Magneto for some reason rather than just... you know... using his overwhelming enormous psychic powers as he does in pretty much every combat encounter in the both the manga and the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

I don't think he's gonna go down from this but I think it's gonna be mighty close and, like Theresa May before him, might prove fatal in the long run.

If he does go down, I am going to laugh so hard, I'm going to rupture something.
    Confidence vote, eh? *Crosses Fingers*

Goddamit, I watched the thing and there's so many ridiculous assertions in there about how both Magneto and Tetsuo work.

Also, the animation has Tetsuo deciding to punch Magneto for some reason rather than just... you know... using his overwhelming enormous psychic powers as he does in pretty much every combat encounter in the both the manga and the anime.
    It's Death Battle.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Confidence vote, eh? *Crosses Fingers*
    I've got a rather nice bottle of whiskey which I will permit myself to have a glass of on a Monday if he goes down.

I'm not expecting him to and he will doubtless be replaced by someone similarly bad, but Johnson is specifically dangerous.

Mhairi Black did a good speech on it in the chamber a while back.

It's Death Battle.
    It is and this is why I hadn't watched the show in literally years.

But AKIRA is one of those properties that I have strong feelings about and I got got on this occasion.

Tetsuo, punching some one, good lord.

I've got a rather nice bottle of whiskey which I will permit myself to have a glass of on a Monday if he goes down.
    Now I'm curious as to what kind. Whiskey, that is.

I'm not expecting him to and he will doubtless be replaced by someone similarly bad, but Johnson is specifically dangerous.

Mhairi Black did a good speech on it in the chamber a while back.
    It's a good speech - rather makes the point. And brutally cutting.

It is and this is why I hadn't watched the show in literally years.

But AKIRA is one of those properties that I have strong feelings about and I got got on this occasion.

Tetsuo, punching some one, good lord.
    I tried watching a couple back in the day, but gave up. Every discussion about it since has continued to confirm that I'm good with not watching it.
    Why are we here?

I don’t think he’ll go either, but goddammit I hope so.

The man is a pox.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Now I'm curious as to what kind. Whiskey, that is.
    A 12 year old bottle of Glenfiddich, it was leaving gift from old job and I've been chipping away at it over the last three months or so.

It's a good speech - rather makes the point. And brutally cutting.
    I have a lot of admiration for Mhairi Black, one of our youngest serving MPs and she has only improved with time. It's a slight shame she's in the SNP, if only because that slightly limits her political growth in some respects.

I don’t think he’ll go either, but goddammit I hope so.

The man is a pox.
    Quite right. I am very intrigued to see how it shakes down.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yugi's grandpad is unironically the best character in this whole parody show.

Welp. The pox remains. For now.

Welp. The pox remains. For now.
    Indeed, but 148 against is real bad.

May had 133 against and she was considered politically toxic after that despite surviving. That said, Johnson has form with defying standard rules of political gravity, so we'll see what occurs. A lot of pundits being like "Yikes,"