Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Indeed, but 148 against is real bad.

May had 133 against and she was considered politically toxic after that despite surviving. That said, Johnson has form with defying standard rules of political gravity, so we'll see what occurs. A lot of pundits being like "Yikes,"
    He’s a dead-man walking, but he’s been a brain-dead-man walking since he arrived in UK politics and that hasn’t slowed him down.

He’ll inevitably bumble on for another few months, but I can’t see him taking the Tories into another general election. It would be electoral suicide. He’s toxic as far as voters are concerned.

And still Labour can’t lay a glove on him. If Starmer stays in charge of Labour and they get rid of Johnson with a year or more until the next general election, it may end up being like nothing has happened.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    He’s a dead-man walking, but he’s been a brain-dead-man walking since he arrived in UK politics and that hasn’t slowed him down.

He’ll inevitably bumble on for another few months, but I can’t see him taking the Tories into another general election. It would be electoral suicide. He’s toxic as far as voters are concerned.

And still Labour can’t lay a glove on him. If Starmer stays in charge of Labour and they get rid of Johnson with a year or more until the next general election, it may end up being like nothing has happened.
    Two by-elections in the offing, which look poised to go poorly for the Tories which could be the blow that really turns the party on him.

The issue is that he's never gonna resign and he's now, technically, untouchable for a year.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Wasn't expecting that. I'm also hoping that Burton gives us an update on Beetlejuice 2.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Well, Strange #3 is finally out.

spoilers:
    Happy Clea is gone. Angry, Faltinian Clea is here, now naming herself Sorcerer Supreme and Warlord of Manhattan. It's not nearly as ridiculous as it sounds.

She breaks into The Rose's office (ie, walks in after turning his goons into snakes) and basically intimidates him into giving her all the information she needs.

[The Rose] What do you offer me in return?

[Clea] In return? I am the niece to the Dread Dormammu and daughter to the warlord Umar. A warlord does not make deals with gangsters as equals.
    end of spoilers

It's a fun scene.

Also, return of the Sands of Nisanti, from Dr. Strange: The Oath! For all of the good they do.

All of this leads to a manifestation breaking into the Sanctum and delivering a message to Wong and Clea (and boy, do I love the vibe between those two in this series, it's great).

spoilers:
    The manifestation brings a message from the current 'warlord of Antarctica'. For those not familiar with The Death Of Doctor Strange, it's a very well-known character, and they want an audience with the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth (and warlord of Manhattan).

[Wong] Are we under attack?

[Clea] No. Worse. *just bit into a lemon face* My mother is coming to dinner.
    end of spoilers

Hilariously, it seems this visit will happen right when someone shows up to (attempt to) kill Clea.

This series keeps getting better and better, though I think Clea needs a more appropriate costume.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-07-2022 at 03:52 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I see...

While I definitely don't like the idea of Berserk concluding without Miura, it is relieving that he did share his plans for the story with his assistants before his passing. I'll be cautiously optimistic.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 06-06-2022 at 11:37 PM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I see...

While I definitely don't like the idea of Berserk concluding without Miura, it is relieving that he did share his plans for the story with his assistants before his passing. I'll be cautiously optimistic.
    My feelings are mixed. I'm obviously curious and I get that his colleagues and friends want some kind of closure (and there's obviously a lot of money to be made) but it's not gonna feel the same :/

In other manga news, One Piece will be going on a one month hiatus soon, apparently so Oda can prepare for the final arc.

Reading Alice in Kyoto Forest right now. I admit, I love Kyoto so that was the reason I started it. Has taken a rather different direction than I expected, but still enjoyable. I will say that the style and mood of the story is somewhat reminiscent of a less-active Witch Hat Atelier - the art isn't quite as striking, but still excellent, and it's a dreamy wander through fantasy.

Edit: only six chapters so far, boo, hiss.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-07-2022 at 06:49 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Am now reading My Brain Is Different: Stories of ADHD and Other Developmental Disorders, and it's fantastic.

Wish I had read something like it when I was in my teens. Or my parents had.
    Why are we here?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I see...

I guess if anyone could pull it off, it'd be his assistants. I presume the next arc will be the last, as it seemed like things were heading to a final confrontation. I figure as long as they stick to the plan, it should come out alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Am now reading My Brain Is Different: Stories of ADHD and Other Developmental Disorders, and it's fantastic.

Wish I had read something like it when I was in my teens. Or my parents had.
    I still haven’t got my diagnosis. But that’s partly because I’ve had forms to fill in and return for the past year before I can get referred for assessment, and it turns out leaving a suspected ADHD-sufferer to fill in and return forms when they get round to it is not a plan destined for success.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I still haven’t got my diagnosis. But that’s partly because I’ve had forms to fill in and return for the past year before I can get referred for assessment, and it turns out leaving a suspected ADHD-sufferer to fill in and return forms when they get round to it is not a plan destined for success.
    That's how they get ya. :V

(That said, I do wonder if I actually do have it, myself. Certainly, the internet has trashed my mental capacity to some degree, and I've always been a complete scatterbrain creatively.)
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 06-07-2022 at 02:23 PM.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie