The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Am I living in a bloody movie? Like, an annoying one?

Okay, so some people here know that my sister and I are completely estranged - can't even be in the room together these days (it's a massive stress for me just to know that will happen, which it did when my father died, with predictable results the moment we were left alone with each other i.e. she promptly started attacking me).

So she comes here to visit my Dad's wife this past week. They (her, her common-law, and my Dad's wife) are going to take my Dad's ashes out on a friend's boat to spread them on the river. Dad's wife politely asks me if I want to go, knowing what I'll say (there is no way in hell I'm putting myself in a position where I cannot escape my sister if things Go South™, and they probably will). I politely beg off, and arrange to visit her when my sister leaves town (that sounds very dramatic and Western).

Anyway...

I'm actually getting my watercraft license with a group from work because we need to go on field trips, some of which require taking boats out on lakes and ponds. We did one of the classes today, at a Yacht Club. Why a Yacht club? Because they can take boats out from there if need be, and there are rooms with AV stuff they can use for the class. Okay.

...by now, I'm sure anyone can see where this is going, but let's just continue.

So lunch time, we spend out on the upper deck of the yacht club (I brought my own lunch) which isn't really in use right now. Nice breeze until it started raining. We finish up, I have to drive one of my co-workers back to work.

[Me] Let's take the stairs down from the deck to the parking lot.

[Him] Oh, I left my pen in the classroom. Can we go through the dining room so I can pick it up?

[Me] Sure.

I walk into the dining room and (huge surprise for nobody reading this, I'm sure) come face to face with my Dad's wife (looking shocked and appalled), my sister, and her partner.

Seriously? Ottawa is a city of 1 000 000+ and has multiple yacht clubs (I think there are three? I'm not a member, nor do I know any members, but it came up in the class). And the visit is spread out over 10 days.

And yet, boom. There we are.

-_-
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Or maybe I'm living in K-Drama/K-Rom-Com Seoul...everyone bumps into everyone there, constantly.

Hm.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Whelp, Batman: Urban Legends just solidified Shiva's feat for bringing Cass back to life using Qi as not an outlier.

Attachment 121863

This makes Shiva the only DC character to blatantly use Qi like this.

Edit: interestingly, it also makes the point two issues previously that Shiva also has her Post-Crisis memories.

Worst-written Shiva EVER, but still, two interesting things.
    So wait.... Ki/Qi/Chi is a thing in dc now?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

-_-
    Yeesh.

Sorry to hear it's rough time with your family.

Sometimes the universe likes to bugger you around like that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    So wait.... Ki/Qi/Chi is a thing in dc now?
    It is for Shiva healing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Yeesh.

Sorry to hear it's rough time with your family.

Sometimes the universe likes to bugger you around like that, though.
    I’m past being shocked and stressed and well-into the ‘hysterical laughter’ phase.

Thanks.
    Why are we here?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Okay, so some people here know that my sister and I are completely estranged - can't even be in the room together these days (it's a massive stress for me just to know that will happen, which it did when my father died, with predictable results the moment we were left alone with each other i.e. she promptly started attacking me).

So she comes here to visit my Dad's wife this past week. They (her, her common-law, and my Dad's wife) are going to take my Dad's ashes out on a friend's boat to spread them on the river. Dad's wife politely asks me if I want to go, knowing what I'll say (there is no way in hell I'm putting myself in a position where I cannot escape my sister if things Go South™, and they probably will). I politely beg off, and arrange to visit her when my sister leaves town (that sounds very dramatic and Western).

Anyway...

I'm actually getting my watercraft license with a group from work because we need to go on field trips, some of which require taking boats out on lakes and ponds. We did one of the classes today, at a Yacht Club. Why a Yacht club? Because they can take boats out from there if need be, and there are rooms with AV stuff they can use for the class. Okay.

...by now, I'm sure anyone can see where this is going, but let's just continue.

So lunch time, we spend out on the upper deck of the yacht club (I brought my own lunch) which isn't really in use right now. Nice breeze until it started raining. We finish up, I have to drive one of my co-workers back to work.

[Me] Let's take the stairs down from the deck to the parking lot.

[Him] Oh, I left my pen in the classroom. Can we go through the dining room so I can pick it up?

[Me] Sure.

I walk into the dining room and (huge surprise for nobody reading this, I'm sure) come face to face with my Dad's wife (looking shocked and appalled), my sister, and her partner.

Seriously? Ottawa is a city of 1 000 000+ and has multiple yacht clubs (I think there are three? I'm not a member, nor do I know any members, but it came up in the class). And the visit is spread out over 10 days.

And yet, boom. There we are.

-_-

Yikes, that sucks hoss.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

-_-
    Had no idea you and your sister were estranged. It's rough, but sometimes for the best.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Yikes, that sucks hoss.
    Thanks, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Had no idea you and your sister were estranged. It's rough, but sometimes for the best.
    I’m sure she has her own side to the story, but from my standpoint she has emotionally abused both my mother and I for decades, and was appalling to my wife. I broke off from her years ago, and feel zero guilt about it. My life is by far the better without her in it.

Sometimes blood-ties are nothing more than shared DNA.
    Why are we here?

"You Rang?"
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

It's a Martial Arts Rom-Com. Stay strong, Sharp.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    It's a Martial Arts Rom-Com. Stay strong, Sharp.
    Bitterly dark one at times…. Thanks.
    Why are we here?

Bitterly dark one at times…. Thanks.
    Just remember we're here for you and we care for you, man, always.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Got my new 144hz monitor set up and the display port working. Unfortunately the graphics card I have EVGA geforce 750 ti only does 1440p 144hz over display port. At 4k it does 30hz of HDMI 1.4 and 60hz over display port.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Thanks, dude.

I’m sure she has her own side to the story, but from my standpoint she has emotionally abused both my mother and I for decades, and was appalling to my wife. I broke off from her years ago, and feel zero guilt about it. My life is by far the better without her in it.

Sometimes blood-ties are nothing more than shared DNA.
    Understand completely where you're coming from. Unfortunately, I have some experience with toxic family members. Had to cut off my late dad's entire side of the family because of one person. Did what you had to do for your mental and emotional well-being and that of your mom and wife.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.