Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Okay, the fix is in.

He's gonna resign. Only took 2/3rds of the entire government to resign in protest to force him to it.

He'll be caretaker until the Tory leadership battle happens, so he'll be truly gone by the Autumn.

Near miss lads.

EDIT: Though, his former chief advisor is tweeting that Johnson is, in all likelihood, going to try and make moves during the leadership campaign and that he is not to be trusted.

The danger is not passed just yet, perhaps?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-07-2022 at 01:29 AM.

Truly a sad loss. My condolences to all his friends & loved ones. The Creator (R.I.P.)

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay, the fix is in.

He's gonna resign. Only took 2/3rds of the entire government to resign in protest to force him to it.

He'll be caretaker until the Tory leadership battle happens, so he'll be truly gone by the Autumn.

Near miss lads.

EDIT: Though, his former chief advisor is tweeting that Johnson is, in all likelihood, going to try and make moves during the leadership campaign and that he is not to be trusted.

The danger is not passed just yet, perhaps?
    Of course he will. Dude literally can't help himself. Something very wrong with him, as a person.

...I see OPM continues with the escalation. Well, at least there will be more solid feats for Rumbles.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Been following the production of this short for a while, lovely to see the finished product.
    Woah, that was sick! Lovely animation.

I'm kind of glad that we got the whole "bug in a cage" bit, I always enjoyed that from the original.

Though, given that Garou is teleporting through gates to move around, it makes a bit less sense now, but hey ho; Serious Table Flip. It's pretty neat.

And for those of you at home who are curious, even without factoring in which moon of Jupiter they are on [assuming it's one of the Galilean satellites], Saitama is flipping over like somewhat more than an entire country with this recent feat.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-07-2022 at 04:16 AM.

Government collapse now looks to be morphing into authoritarian coup.

So, that's happening.

Brace brace lads, it's going to get bumpy.
    You have my sympathy, as we are in the same boat. Only it's a matter of the Supreme Court slowly eroding democracy case, by case, and not a leader refusing to...

Oh yea that was...

*sigh*
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Just read that.

Terribly sad, and the circumstances of his passing unfortunately seem to be quite terrible.

Extraordinary Member

I'm kind of glad that we got the whole "bug in a cage" bit, I always enjoyed that from the original.

Though, given that Garou is teleporting through gates to move around, it makes a bit less sense now, but hey ho; Serious Table Flip. It's pretty neat.

And for those of you at home who are curious, even without factoring in which moon of Jupiter they are on [assuming it's one of the Galilean satellites], Saitama is flipping over like somewhat more than an entire country with this recent feat.
    While it is cool to see the table flip it just doesn't feel like it holds the same weight here.

IIRC it was at the point of the table flip in the original comic that Garou really started to understand that he was screwed. That there wasn't anything he could improve upon to actually beat Saitama and started losing the will to fight.

Still, it's neat to see it and the feat is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    While it is cool to see the table flip it just doesn't feel like it holds the same weight here.

IIRC it was at the point of the table flip in the original comic that Garou really started to understand that he was screwed. That there wasn't anything he could improve upon to actually beat Saitama and started losing the will to fight.

Still, it's neat to see it and the feat is cool.
    I agree with all of that haha.

I'm trying not to be too publicly negative about the OPM redraw. I've made my feelings known and so on so...

Extraordinary Member

I agree with all of that haha.

I'm trying not to be too publicly negative about the OPM redraw. I've made my feelings known and so on so...
    I remember that.

In this case I am not holding back my criticism since I feel like the whole Garou situation is the first or second (depending on once feelings towards the martial arts tournament) real misstep of the redrawn manga. I've had a lot of praise for it and most of the changes, but right now it's going in a direction I'm not really into.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You have my sympathy, as we are in the same boat. Only it's a matter of the Supreme Court slowly eroding democracy case, by case, and not a leader refusing to...

Oh yea that was...

*sigh*
    As I've said elsewhere...sorry, my friend. :(
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Anyone else getting Popeye vibes from the last chapter? Specifically, the portal interactions?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Anyone else getting Popeye vibes from the last chapter? Specifically, the portal interactions?
    My vibes are more 'I am extremely meh with all of this', but I get what you mean.
    Why are we here?

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    My vibes are more 'I am extremely meh with all of this', but I get what you mean.
    Oh, the series has definitely pole-vaulted a Megalodon (or three) in my head of late. I was just amused that, not too long after the Popeye v Saitama death battle, saitama gets a popeye-esque feat.

I can't imagine there being anything there other than a curiousity and/or coincidence, but...

It wouldn't be the first time someone's wondered if an anime or manga series went in an odd direction in response to a Death Battle, even (read: especially) if there's no evidence for it.
    Last edited by Noldere; 07-07-2022 at 10:48 AM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Saitama also blitzes Garou so hard he's leaving countless afterimages, and ping-pong beating him so fast he creates a new light structure through out the entire shattered moon debris field. He's gotta be getting into FTL territory by now, right?